Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 11:35   #6091
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

^^ you dont have any paint correction compound to use , i will prefer to buy clay kit and megs Swirl x . If you have access to us market then its ok or you can purchase from www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:34   #6092
Senior - BHPian

The Jopasau Microfibers are good quality. You can keep using them
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 13:53   #6093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
^^ you dont have any paint correction compound to use , i will prefer to buy clay kit and megs Swirl x.
Car is just 4 months old so its oxidation free and I cant feel any uneven surface which mean there is almost no road grime,tar etc to justify the use of clay.Paint shine is still like a new car.
Its just that I am worried about few scratches and swirls here and there which I want to remove and keep the car in good condition as long as possible.

For all those wanting to buy pressure washer I wont recommend going above Bosch 100Euro plus or similar spec washer as this is sufficient for personnel use.Be careful that more space is needed around the car to operate it.Just 2-3 feet around the car on all side wont make washing the car a real fun.
And are you sure Bosch GEX125 1AE is not DA polisher,do let me know before I do something horrible with my car.

@Mortis:-yes,I used those yesterday and I would recommend those.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 13th August 2012 at 13:54.
Old 13th August 2012, 14:46   #6094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Car is just 4 months old so its oxidation free and I cant feel any uneven surface which mean there is almost no road grime,tar etc to justify the use of clay.
Its your choice, but a suggestion. Use the plastic bag test. I am sure in Indian conditions your paint will need claying unless you have got detailing done earlier, during delivery. It would add a whole new dimension to the shine once you are complete with detailing.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 16:12   #6095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.I guess DA polisher is that which has random orbital motion and rotation.That should make it Dual action (DA) polisher which has eccentric motion.
Also it is indeed a DA polisher then can I get those LC Kompressor pads,I mean are these compatible with above polisher which has valcro type fastening pads.
The Bosch polisher you are having is a orbital polisher and not a DA. DA basically rotates & oscillates at the same time, i.e. making small circle within a big circle.

Quote:
5/6.Which least aggressive polish would you recommend? how about Meg ultimate polish.
Meguiars have three paint correction compound
1. Ultimate Compound
2. ScratchX 2.0
3. SwirlX

Ultimate compound does a good job with hands, so my recommendation would be it.

Quote:
But when it comes to wax, I want to use pure wax either collinite 915 or Meg 26 high tech yello wax.which is better?
I wouldn't recommend either of them(I have used 915 and having half tin of it lying useless). Carnauba based wax take too much effort to apply and don't last long, not even a single car shampoo session. Rather than getting Carnauba wax based products, my suggestion would be paint sealant which give almost 70% shine of Carnauba based wax and last really longer.

My suggestion would be Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint sealant and Blackfire Gloss Enhancing polish. They can be purchased from Sanjay at Bringingbest Impex.

Have a go through the following detailing session and they should give you a brief idea. I have done these 3 detailing session and have learnt from each one of them. Start from 1st as you progress to 3rd. Drastically changes the thinking about detailing with various products.

1. Link.

2. Link

3. Link

Quote:
Car is just 4 months old so its oxidation free and I cant feel any uneven surface which mean there is almost no road grime,tar etc to justify the use of clay.Paint shine is still like a new car.
Just do claying once on the car and you did be surprised by amount of bonded contaminants on the paint. Even a fresh car out of dealer stockyard has bonded contaminants onto paint.

Meguiars clay bar is the best and use either Meguiars Quik detailer or Optimum No Rinse(In ratio 1:64(ONR:Water)) as clay bar lubricant. The above 3 link should help you out in understanding the whole process.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 21:44   #6096
BHPian

Some good news for people looking for ONR stock. EcoCarCare have received their stock of 8, 32 and 128 oz. bottles. Let the purchases begin :-)
Old 13th August 2012, 22:06   #6097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Some good news for people looking for ONR stock. EcoCarCare have received their stock of 8, 32 and 128 oz. bottles. Let the purchases begin :-)
I found that it is an international website and they do not ship to india.

http://ecocarcare.net/no-rinse-wash-shine.php

Last edited by PatienceWins : 13th August 2012 at 22:19.
Old 13th August 2012, 22:21   #6098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I found that it is an international website and they do not ship to india.

No Rinse Wash and Shine - car wash that doesn't pollute the environment
I have never visited their shop. But they do sell online. Try this. Call 080 88 880000.

Note to Mods: I am in not associated with EcoCarCare in anyway.
Old 14th August 2012, 09:33   #6099
BHPian

Just received a FB message from EcoCarCare:

"For 32oz the current price is Rs 1500/- inclusive of all taxes and shipping. We will be listing our products on ebay.in very shortly and you can then purchase from there. Thank you."

Yipee!
Old 14th August 2012, 11:34   #6100
BHPian

Just received an sms from vicky.in. They have ONR in stock. Checked online. 8oz for Rs 650, 32oz for Rs 1600 and 128oz for Rs 3900.

Looks like ONR has landed with all retailers at one go.
Old 14th August 2012, 11:43   #6101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Just received an sms from vicky.in. They have ONR in stock. Checked online. 8oz for Rs 650, 32oz for Rs 1600 and 128oz for Rs 3900.

Looks like ONR has landed with all retailers at one go.
Even i received the SMS from vicky.in sent through Way2Sms. You are correct, all retailers having stock now.
Old 14th August 2012, 11:45   #6102
Senior - BHPian

So, the earlier ONR, 8 oz., price of Rs. 450-500 is now Rs. 650 or so.
I don't think INR has become so weak. Are retailers cashing in on the demand-supply gap?
Old 14th August 2012, 11:46   #6103
BHPian

Likewise - I too got a SMS from vicky.in that ONR is available. 32 oz is around 1600 rs. I get Megs final inspection at 2400 rs for 3.6L. Is ONR still VFM? how does it compare against FI?
Old 14th August 2012, 12:02   #6104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Is ONR still VFM? how does it compare against FI?
Since ONR was not available for sometime I got another product instead - Washdrops No Rinse concentrate. Half liter bottle cost me 299 , bought it off ebay.in. But I am not sure how genuine it is and also I do not have any reference to compare it (have not used ONR so far).

Washdrop Wash & Shine Car Wash Solution, No Rinse/Hose | eBay

I have used it once so far and am happy with the results. It was effective enough (used around 60ml with 3L of water). Later just did some quick detailing with Megs QD and the car was gleaming like new. It rained later that evening and when I reached home was happy to see virtually no water on the surface! The car has had 3M paint protection done in june this year.

Last edited by joslicx : 14th August 2012 at 12:05.
Old 14th August 2012, 12:15   #6105
BHPian

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but after removing sunfilms from my car, I am looking at removing the glue residue that is left behind. It seems to be really rigid. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks