Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 14:36   #6166
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
If you're looking to buy applicator pads, here's a good deal i found,8 for 580 bucks including shipping!

Buy 2 Set-Meguiar's Gold Class Applicator Pad(Pack Of 4) Each - Autofresh

Mods: Just sharing a good VFM deal here, i'm in no way associated with the seller.
1 pack is sold for 199rs in Meguairs authorised shops. You can find shops from their india website

Foam Applicator Pad - Meguiar's India
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 15:06   #6167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another query i had, does dragging a car cover on the surface leave micro scratches or swirls ?
If there is dust on the car surface or engrained in the fabric of the cover then there must be some risk.

I always fold the cover in from the sides, and then roll it forwards, picking up the roll from the bonnet. If I put it back in the right place and unroll, when putting it back on, then there is minimal movement of fabric on paint.

Develop a technique like this, that suits you. All we can do is minimise the risk
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 15:20   #6168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
Another query i had, does dragging a car cover on the surface leave micro scratches or swirls ?
I have not purchased the car cover as I am afraid of the swirls when there is movement of cover due to blowing wind.
I park the car in the open basement and clean with Jopasu everyday, thus avoiding the car cover.
Old 29th August 2012, 17:05   #6169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
1 pack is sold for 199rs in Meguairs authorised shops. You can find shops from their india website

Foam Applicator Pad - Meguiar's India
Oh my bad! I overlooked it and got fleeced. Sorry i posted the wrong link. Will report my post and have the link removed.
Old 29th August 2012, 18:35   #6170
BHPian

Quote:
Oh my bad! I overlooked it and got fleeced. Sorry i posted the wrong link. Will report my post and have the link removed.
Shashank: please don't. Let me verify if its available in that price. Many times, website quotes old price. Let me check on weekend and tell if its really 199 rs
Old 30th August 2012, 13:37   #6171
BHPian

Shashank: What you have posted is the best deal. Its 199rs per pad it seems.
Old 30th August 2012, 20:44   #6172
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my consignment of Klasse AIO, Klasse sealent, Blackfire polish and sealent and guess what?! A bottle of Meguiars Scratch X that i had not even ordered! From Autogeek shipped to my bros place in US . And a Cobra ultra plush microfiber too! Dont think the i will use the scratch X much since i use ultimate compound. Happy with the open heartedness of Auto Geek!
Old 30th August 2012, 21:13   #6173
Distinguished - BHPian

A new product: Autosol Metal Polish.

I noticed some nasty marks coming on the radiator grill of my Polo. There is something in the air in this part of Chennai (probably coming off the Buckingham Canal) that corrodes metal work, and seems to particularly have it in for chrome.

I found the Autosol on my trip to Singapore, last week, in Mustafa's car-stuff dept. A brain cell exclaimed, "Hey! That's the stuff my father used to use in the 1950s!" Indeed, it seems that the company has been around a long time. And, apparently, its available in India.

It works very well. it cleaned up the grill and logos perfectly, and left them shining good as new.

Another Singapore Hint: Huge-retail-outlet Giant has an aisle of car-care stuff. My friend was shopping for other things, and I didn't have time to browse, but, if you happen to be there, I think it is worth checking out.

Another WD40 hint: Removing Duct tape adhesive from bodywork (don't ask!)... Hope you never have to, but WD40 seems to be a big winner at removing anything sticky. Complete and easy success with getting rid of this, and, in the past, with getting rid of chewing gum.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 30th August 2012 at 21:18.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 11:02   #6174
BHPian

A good buying experience at www.automotivesoul.com

I ordered 3M Finesse It (pretty much the only place I could find it) and 3M 4-way Spray Lubricant.

Very professionally packaged, received it in 3 days flat and they threw in a microfibre cloth free as well. Impressed.

(ps: not affiliated in any manner!)
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 14:40   #6175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
A good buying experience at www.automotivesoul.com

I ordered 3M Finesse It (pretty much the only place I could find it) and 3M 4-way Spray Lubricant.

Very professionally packaged, received it in 3 days flat and they threw in a microfibre cloth free as well. Impressed.

(ps: not affiliated in any manner!)

Thanks for sharing. After going through it i must say its an excellent site for most of the car care products.I find Autofresh.com to be good too. Looks like the detailing industry is catching up in india
Old 1st September 2012, 17:15   #6176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Thanks for sharing. After going through it i must say its an excellent site for most of the car care products.I find Autofresh.com to be good too. Looks like the detailing industry is catching up in india
Out of curiosity, where do u use this 4 way lubricant on the vehicle, on moving parts is it?
Old 1st September 2012, 21:48   #6177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Out of curiosity, where do u use this 4 way lubricant on the vehicle, on moving parts is it?
Yes mainly on moving parts like seat sliders,door hinges , beadings etc. Also can be used on parts that squeak/rub with each other. I find its application more in home than in a car! But these lubricant sprays are very effective . I use a Cyclo silicone spray and i am very satisfied with its efficacy.
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:30   #6178
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has paint and primer oversprays as a result of a shoddy paint job by a reputed painter!

The overspray is there in almost all the places of the car except roof.I can feel it when running my hand across the metal.
This is bugging me to no end since i am meticulous in maintaining my car.Can this be rectified by a professional detailer like 3M?
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:09   #6179
BHPian

^^ That over spray can be removed by claying and mind polishing. u might want some aggressive compound if you are unsuccessful.
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:37   #6180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
My car has paint and primer oversprays as a result of a shoddy paint job by a reputed painter!

This is bugging me to no end since i am meticulous in maintaining my car.Can this be rectified by a professional detailer like 3M?
It will have to be inspected & determined whether a mild clay or aggresive clay can be used to remedy the situation !

Of course if aggresive clay is used it would need to be followed by a mild polish to remove micro marring.

Top up of sealant would be required too.

Sounds like a job for the professionals !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks