Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 17:48   #6511
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi Red-one,

Saw your terracan couple of hours ago CMH road junction. I must say it was all shiny, wasn't looking like a 6 year old car.

Good work

-Ijeet
Thanks Ijeet. You must've seen it outside the Chevy showroom. The last wash/wax was a week back and it's just been dusted everyday with Jopasu since.

But I went out of town on the weekend and since there was no covered parking there, the car's been parked outside. Lot's of bird poo and other crap on it now and I've not been able to clean it. Must try and do it ASAP!

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 19th November 2012, 19:44   #6512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
How much a Jopasu Duster cost in Reliance Auto Zone? I have ordered one from Snap Deal. It costed me Rs.575.
Just three days back picked up a Jopasu duster from Reliance Autozone in HSR for 470! The printed price (as well as the price on ebay off official Jopasu store) is 575. Was pleasantly surprised with the offer price at Reliance.
Old 19th November 2012, 19:55   #6513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

Just three days back picked up a Jopasu duster from Reliance Autozone in HSR for 470!
Were there combo offers on the Jopasu products currently? Need to get myself the duster and the mitt.
Old 19th November 2012, 21:31   #6514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Just three days back picked up a Jopasu duster from Reliance Autozone in HSR for 470! The printed price (as well as the price on ebay off official Jopasu store) is 575. Was pleasantly surprised with the offer price at Reliance.
That's really great price. Unfortunatly there are no R-Autozone here in Mumbai. I plan to buy duster too.. I suppose I will have to just go with their online shop and pay 100 bucks more.

Does anybody know where can I get Jopasu products are competative rates like Autozone in Mumbai? Need to purchase microfiber coth too.
Old 19th November 2012, 22:04   #6515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Were there combo offers on the Jopasu products currently? Need to get myself the duster and the mitt.
There was a combo with some kind of wax. I think that was also jopasu branded. The price was 670.

They did have other jopasu stuff as well like mitts, microfibers, etc.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 22:43   #6516
Distinguished - BHPian

The combo offer on the Jopasu is better as you get the Duster, glove microfiber type, glove type duster, Microfiber cloth and shampoo (not a good one) for 999 bucks. Additionally the reliance generally gives you a 5% off on the products brought from them
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 23:44   #6517
Senior - BHPian

Bought two new products for my car cleaning arsenal from BringingBest Impex, Delhi.
1. Optimum No Rinse.
2. Mothers Fender Brush.

Being a regular customer has its advantages of some extra discounts. ONR is also available at Eco Car Care, Banglore. Since I also wanted to pick up the brush, so bought ONR from BBImpex as well.

Since I last used Mothers Wheel brush during our detailing party with @SAS, which really impressed, so bough a fender brush with is same as former but 10" longer to enable cleaning of wheel wells and @TopSpeeder previous detailing session elaborating about it sealed the deal.

Since the new ONR(Green Colored) with wax is coming out, buying smaller quantity of blue is better as I had finished my previous 8 oz bottle few days back.

Another small achievement to be proud of:

Its now almost 1 month since I last washed my car. Regular jopasu duster and QD with ONR is what one needs. So much water saving from my side for our planet Earth.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-19112012843.jpg
Old 20th November 2012, 00:02   #6518
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my question but is there any website now that offers detailing products online? I was aware of Auto mall, but it seems it has shut shop?
Old 20th November 2012, 00:17   #6519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Pardon my question but is there any website now that offers detailing products online? I was aware of Auto mall, but it seems it has shut shop?
Two that I know of but haven't used service of either as yet. Some of the bhpians have.
1. Autofresh.
2. Vicky.

There also BringingBest Impex, Delhi, Ultimate Detailerz, Banglore & Eco Car Care, Banglore. They aren't e-shop and require you to deposit cash for availing purchase.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:55   #6520
Senior - BHPian

The outer plastic cover of my Baleno's headlamp has turned this way. This is not hazing but some sort of scaling! Tried the toothpaste DIY, but it didn't help. Is changing the headlamp the only solution?

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-bhp.jpg

In our i10, the roof upholstery had got dark stains all over, after giving it for a service long back. After repeated cleaning from authorized service centers, it has not come back to original. Will any foam upholstery cleaner be of help here?

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-bhp1.jpg
Old 20th November 2012, 16:34   #6521
Senior - BHPian

^^
My Vento also had something similar on the left headlamp and some of the bumper on left side (it was because of dirty water from a leaking hose above my parking spot.) I didnt even knew about it, the people at 3M showed it to me (it did not go away with normal wash) when I was there last week. Then they applied some sort of a transparent gel with a tootbrush and it did the trick. You can show it to 3M car care if they can help.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 16:36   #6522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
You can check out Snap Deal. They have some good products, but not all. I had checked Vicky.in but the prices were on higher side (Jopasu Duster and Mitt). Don't know about the products which you are looking for. Another option could be Gaadi.com.I got Jopasu duster for Rs.550, it's dearer by Rs.80 compared to Reliance Autozone. Anyways I got the product without much hazzle.

I tried Jopasu, its a great product indeed.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:17   #6523

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Bought two new products for my car cleaning arsenal from BringingBest Impex, Delhi.
1. Optimum No Rinse.
2. Mothers Fender Brush.
-----
el lobo, I am a newbie in t-bhp and follow this thread regularly to see the passion of you guys in how you maintain your car and learn a few tricks.

I have a Brio (1 month old) and am looking to maintain it to look better with less effort. I already have a Jopasu duster and I understand from this thread that ONR is one such product which satisfies my requirement.

Need your help in procuring ONR. From where can I buy and which store?

iCars
Old 21st November 2012, 15:19   #6524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
I have a Brio (1 month old) and am looking to maintain it to look better with less effort. I already have a Jopasu duster and I understand from this thread that ONR is one such product which satisfies my requirement.

Need your help in procuring ONR. From where can I buy and which store?
Congrats on your Brio. You could procure ONR 8 oz from either
1. BringingBest Impex, Delhi, contact person sanjay@bringingbest.com
2. Eco Car Care, Banglore at sales@ecocarcare.asia.

Price is Rs. 600 including shipping.

Use Jopasu daily and use ONR as quick detailer in dilution 1:25(ONR:Water) for a quick shine without even wasting a ounce of water. You should as well get microfiber towel for wiping dry the surface after spraying ONR in QD form. Using normal cloth will mar the surface. Cheapest available are Eurow brand from BBImpex.

Hope it helps.
Old 21st November 2012, 16:32   #6525
BHPian

Added two new products to my kit

a) Meguiars Ultimate Compound

b) Dura Gloss Total Performance Polish 105

For quite some time I've been thinking to add a paint sealant to my arsenal but the availability and pricing of Black Fire, Wolfwang, Klasse was a big deterrent. Thus had to settle for Dura Gloss. Read good reviews about the same from detailing forums. Hence the leap of faith.

Coming weekend will be a good opportunity to put these to test.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-snc00512.jpg

Both purchased from Sanjay (BB Impex). Got applicator pads for free
arup.misra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks