Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 11:52   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Black

did the touch up job from the service guy , it aint' good.
Even i had a black santro before and had a tough time maintaining it. I usually use to wait for the scratches to pile up and paint the entire area, there is a guy in narayanguda from where i get my touch-ups done and almost no difference and would cost you 1k or less for an entire door or an entire bumper or the side fenders. If you need his number, pm me and i can let you know.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:32   #62
Team-BHP Support

I have a biiggg problem. bird droppings on me black lancer. since I wash it over the weekend only, 2 bird droppings over the week have completely dried up. When i tried removing them I noticed that a permanent stain has been left on the bonnet. It's really horrible.

What do i do. tried using 3M rubbing polish but to no avail.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:45   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Give me a call this evening. Let's see if I can find the right ointment for that wound.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:54   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I have a biiggg problem. bird droppings on me black lancer. since I wash it over the weekend only, 2 bird droppings over the week have completely dried up. When i tried removing them I noticed that a permanent stain has been left on the bonnet. It's really horrible.

Wheww, atlast found a companion on this forum . Bird dropping is a daily phenomenon for me as my parking is at the edge of the shelter and half of my car is outside and pigeons drop their stuff all the time . Right now my cleaning guy is working double time to clean it up everytime it falls and to get a permanent solution need to have a shelter made up.

Any idea how much the shelter would cost ( dont know what material that is) blue-shaded and another cheap option i am contemplating is the cloth types. Pls shed some light if anybody knows
Old 18th June 2007, 11:21   #65
BHPian

car cover

Why not use car cover to protect from bird droppings ?
Old 18th June 2007, 11:24   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Thats the first thing that came to my mind but, imagine the status of the cover, say in a week's time. It would be stinking away to glory
Old 18th June 2007, 11:42   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post

my car's parked in an underground parking but the droppings occur when I'm either removing the car or parking it back in as there is a small patch in the basement which is open.

Rudraji, will call in evening.
Old 25th June 2007, 10:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

in the first post there is mention not to wash the car in direct sun.. whats the reason for that ?
Old 27th June 2007, 14:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
in the first post there is mention not to wash the car in direct sun.. whats the reason for that ?
If you are washing your car in the sun you are inviting potential trouble...
This is because water droplets(due o the convex shape) act as a magnifying glass. This will cause sunlight to be focussed on the paint surface. The resulting high temperature will burn tiny holes(not visible to the naked eye) in your paint. In the long run this will allow water to seep in & lead to rust...
HOpe this helps
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Give me a call this evening. Let's see if I can find the right ointment for that wound.
Rudra Sir, Please share tht ointment with us on the forum too.My black baleno is also a victim to dried stains of bird droppings.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:20   #71
Team-BHP Support

Any tips on keeping the interior of your car smelling fresh in these monsoon months? What's the best way to get rid of that musty, damp feel?
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:53   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Any tips on keeping the interior of your car smelling fresh in these monsoon months? What's the best way to get rid of that musty, damp feel?
Not the best of tips but it'll work surely. Get some small 'silica gel' pouches from shop selling photographic materials. Have them placed on floor areas. Heat them once a week (for Bombay kind of monsoon) to remove moisture. Silica gel is blue (copper sulfate blue) and will turn pale pink as they draw moisture.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:08   #73
BHPian

After monsoon there are stains on my adventure s' running board and doors, it has got black spots. I have tried all kinds of washing but all in vain. My cars colour is silver frost.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Not the best of tips but it'll work surely. Get some small 'silica gel' pouches from shop selling photographic materials. Have them placed on floor areas. Heat them once a week (for Bombay kind of monsoon) to remove moisture. Silica gel is blue (copper sulfate blue) and will turn pale pink as they draw moisture.

No, it is tip of the year. Had reported forming of mold from some cars. This will be useful to them.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
After monsoon there are stains on my adventure s' running board and doors, it has got black spots. I have tried all kinds of washing but all in vain. My cars colour is silver frost.
Ditto for my Silver-Frost Palio.

Washing with a diesel/kerosene-soap solution is the only way, I guess. If you get the washing done at a regular water-service joint they will do this.

My alloys have also been spotted pretty badly with the minute black spots. [:(]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks