Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 07:29   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I just bought 3M's liquid wax bottle. Its totally sealed... you can't even unscrew the cap! And its made in India!
Here too only 3M Premium Liquid Wax is easily available. How is its quality compared to others?
Old 5th June 2009, 09:29   #752
Senior - BHPian

3M liquid wax polish is good one on par with others. I regularly use it and it works fine.
Old 5th June 2009, 11:33   #753
BHPian

Regarding the counterfeit imported waxes is an issue - for your information - Turtle Wax platinum is also available in sachets or 25 or 30 ml, which are good for one use - cost wise too it turns out to the the same - coz a 250 ML bottle comes for around 250-300 and these sachets come for 26 each in my city...
otherwise - another good option is to use Sonax liquid wax - they are imported and distributed in reliance retail stores (not reliance fresh stores) - I was able to pick up one for 245 Rs MRP (which had a discount of 40% on MRP) and for the past 4 months or so have been using it... Infact reliance retail in East delhi stocks almost entire range of sonax and 3M products, which if you are lucky can get it at a discount too...
Old 5th June 2009, 14:12   #754
BHPian

Turtle wax platinum liquid wax is 10$ for 500ml in US, so same here also.
It seems like all these car care products are available in India and cost the same as abroad. It's good for us.

Only thing is if you get it from abroad you can be sure its genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Turtle Wax platinum ... 250 ML bottle comes for around 250-300.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:40   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Here too only 3M Premium Liquid Wax is easily available. How is its quality compared to others?
Haven't used it yet, so wont comment on it yet... but it does not claim to have any UV filters, which I belive are most important. Without UV protection, its unlikely to prevent fading of paint. Other product details are also minimal.

Quote:
3M liquid wax polish is good one on par with others. I regularly use it and it works fine.
How long do you feel it lasts? How long does it bead water?
Old 5th June 2009, 15:29   #756
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Mumbaikars - where can i find turtle platinum wax?
Quote:
What is the best way to use CHamois optimum?
for washing or for drying? if for drying then for washing what is to be used? yellow/ brown/bvlue cootton cloth?
Guys - Pls lemme know
Old 5th June 2009, 15:51   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - Pls lemme know
Chamois is at it's best for drying... Don't use it for washing... The reason is if you do so you'd be taking the wax along...

As somebody mentioned old baniyans are the best for washing... and so is a old towel
Old 5th June 2009, 18:26   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - Pls lemme know
Microfibre cloth. Staples stocks the 3M version -- though in slightly smaller sizes. Other places may store larges sizes. These are lint free.

B
Old 5th June 2009, 21:07   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How long do you feel it lasts? How long does it bead water?
It lasts for a week for sure. It beads water for the same amount of time. I havent checked it past 1 week as i usually clean and wax my car every sunday atleast for now.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:18   #760
BANNED

there are lots of scratches visible now on my brand new car Linea Flamenco Red.
I think i'll have to either remove my car washing guy (most of the minor scratches seem to be by improper cleaning) OR I've to ask him to WASH the car everyday.
Is there any harm if I get the car washed (instead of just wipe-clean) daily?
Old 6th June 2009, 15:09   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
washing daily will take the sheen off the paint. Dont do that.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:44   #762
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think i'll have to either remove my car washing guy (most of the minor scratches seem to be by improper cleaning) OR I've to ask him to WASH the car everyday.
A lot of scratches do appear if the car is not cleaned properly. This is most visible on the bonnet and roof areas. Do not wash the car daily, that will strip the car of its wax and dull the shine. A light wipe with a wet cloth (wet = do not squeeze out all the water) every alternate day, if you have covered parking both at work and at home is enough.

As for the scratches and swirls that have already developed, use a good wax like Formula 1's Carnauba and you will see these imperfections disappear.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 6th June 2009, 21:16   #763
Senior - BHPian

Okay, the Amway leather cleaner thing is absolutely USELESS. Any tips for one that is any good?
Old 6th June 2009, 22:46   #764
Team-BHP Support

I use turtle wax leather treatment. It has lanolin, aloe vera and cocoa butter. Very gentle. The leather feels supple and not oily or sticky and gets the matt look back. It doesn't shine at all. Infact removed the shine from the leather.
Old 7th June 2009, 01:24   #765
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
A lot of scratches do appear if the car is not cleaned properly. This is most visible on the bonnet and roof areas. Do not wash the car daily, that will strip the car of its wax and dull the shine. A light wipe with a wet cloth (wet = do not squeeze out all the water) every alternate day, if you have covered parking both at work and at home is enough.

As for the scratches and swirls that have already developed, use a good wax like Formula 1's Carnauba and you will see these imperfections disappear.

Cheers,
gpa
OK. will not get it washed daily. But my car remains in open always. hence end of day became very dusty when i reach back home around 9-9.30 pm. I use car cover to avoid children running scratches while walking past the car on roadside. Always scared of puting on cover on dusty car & also scared of wiping the dust on dry car. Its a rather difficult situation. & on top of that car washing guy adds insult to the injury

is there any workable solution i can employ?

Most Viewed