Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 20:07   #8386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
The ebay "EBAY25DEAL" coupon expired. Any other coupon for discount?
Loss of Delay !
Are you sure?
I used it to buy couple of things at 4pm
Old 18th March 2014, 14:21   #8387
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
The cost when I got it was Rs 375. Running fine so far.

I picked up one from Nirmal yesterday. He explained really well how to use it and few shortcomings. It comes with an extra set of valve. I was looking for one since few days. I'm satisfied so far with respect to the initial feedback.
Old 18th March 2014, 18:27   #8388
BHPian

I picked up one from Nirmal yesterday. He explained really well how to use it and few shortcomings. It comes with an extra set of valve. I was looking for one since few days. I'm satisfied so far with respect to the initial feedback.

Few shortcomings? Can you pl elaborate? I just contacted Nirmal trying to pick up one.

Cheers
Old 18th March 2014, 20:13   #8389
BHPian

I have orderd a similar make from online site. Hopefully its not bad as kisankraft. Will keep all posted
Old 18th March 2014, 20:24   #8390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I have orderd a similar make from online site. Hopefully its not bad as kisankraft. Will keep all posted
I am interested to buy one myself. Link for that site?
Old 18th March 2014, 23:04   #8391
BHPian

I got one from my nearest Shell and it's not a kisankraft. I think it was 300 odd about a year ago and is working fine so far. I use it to pre soak the car with ONR or CG HFE but for snow foams I use a foamer.
Old 19th March 2014, 05:58   #8392
BHPian

Here is the link. I am trying this one. Hopefully it should be okay to use for some time. Cost is around 500rs. http://m.snapdeal.com/product/everyt...-can/500348158

Last edited by kARTIK IYER : 19th March 2014 at 06:00.
Old 19th March 2014, 06:04   #8393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Here is the link. I am trying this one. Hopefully it should be okay to use for some time. Cost is around 500rs. http://m.snapdeal.com/product/everyt...-can/500348158
500 is a rip off.

On the topic of pressurised sprayers, I use one of these as well. Very handy if you need to spray more water.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20140316_165520.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 06:31   #8394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
500 is a rip off.

On the topic of pressurised sprayers, I use one of these as well. Very handy if you need to spray more water.

Attachment 1221357
Can you share more pictures? What is capacity and how much/where did you get it for? Does it seem to have more pressurised output than the ones shared above?
Old 19th March 2014, 08:26   #8395
BHPian

Quote:
500 is a rip off.

Attachment 1221357
Looks more for basic hand pump. Its same cost more or less everywhere. Unless you personally shop at gardening stores.
Old 19th March 2014, 09:46   #8396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I got this one lying idle in my storeroom for long, used earlier for gardening. At what stage of the detailing do you use it and how? IIRC, it spurts out more of a mist and so I never thought about utilizing it!
Old 19th March 2014, 10:36   #8397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Tried the Meguiars Ultimate Compound today.

I'm highly satisfied with the results. Its very easy to apply and removed the swirls within no time. Still some very minor lines are left which are not at all visible to a normal eye. Its visible only if someone stares closely with a very high intensity light in the background.

guyfrmblr, your car looks showroom condition in the pictures.

Just wanted to check with you regarding the products you have used. Was it purchased online or picked up from a store in Bangalore?

I have been cleaning my car since last few months since it is hardly used and I like to keep the sparkle in it alive which does not happen if a guy is hired to wash it.

I recently got a polish and swirl marks removed from a small time detailing place. It was an average work which in one look shows the car paint is nice and bright. On closer inspection, there are marks here and there , but most of the swirl marks are gone.
The reason I asked about the products is because I used to get the detailing done once a year at this place and the results last from just few months.
I would like to start off the same work myself once a month and would like some tips. As you may have guessed, I am newbie to this thread and want to start off with the basics and purchase the required stuff along the way.
I have a red Figo.

Thanks in advance!
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 11:29   #8398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Just wanted to check with you regarding the products you have used. Was it purchased online or picked up from a store in Bangalore?
Hi Tharian, even I'm a newbie to detailing . I used to check this thread regularly and have learnt a lot from the detailing experts in this thread. I have used only Meguiars products till now. There are also many other better products which you can see in this thread.

I use the following products:
1. Meguiars NXT shampoo
2. Meguiars Clay bar
3. Meguiars Quick Detailer used as clay lubricant
4. Meguiars Ultimate Compound for swirl remover
5. Meguiars Ultimate Polish
6. Meguiars NXT wax 2.0
7. Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer for giving that just waxed looks after a wash
8. Meguiars Foam pads
9. Scholls APC
10. WD-40 for tar and stubborn stain removal
11. Blue MFs from UltimateDetailerz

The results of the above products are too good. I especially liked the UC which helped in removing most of the swirl marks. Its very easy to apply by hand. There are still some very minor swirls and lines even after applying UC but as experts have suggested, it can be eliminated only by using a machine. But I have never faced any issues while using the above products even though I'm a newbie.

I follow these steps during complete detailing: Wash -> Clay -> UC -> UP -> NXT Wax. Its difficult to do all these steps by hand in a single day and hence I target only some panels every weekend. For a normal wash, I just wash with NXT shampoo and spray UQD.

I also use Meguiars Tire foam, All Wheel and Tire cleaner, Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber protectant. But I didn't find these 3 products as effective as the products listed above. I prefer Waxpol dashboard polish which is a very cheap product and gives a long lasting shine.

I have bought most of these products from ebay, 3M store and some from UltimateDetailerz. The UC and UQD takes a long time in ebay since its imported from US after the order is placed. Its not available at 3M too. You can check with BringingBest or Keystone or UltimateDetailerz for these products (I'm not associated with anyone, just a customer).

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 19th March 2014 at 11:39.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:27   #8399
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sunnyboy, where do we get that sprayer can?
Old 19th March 2014, 19:30   #8400
BHPian

Meguiars quik detailer is available for 300 in 3M.
Had been there today.
Lot of other meguiar stuff cheaper than online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks