Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2015, 19:39   #9346
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I will be using Proklear RAW Xtreme CX.......
I found the Proklear to be extremely strong. My hands were full of rashes even when I had used quite dilute mixture. It also stripped of the earlier wax and the car became quite dull. I recommend you should use some mild shampoo.
Old 19th July 2015, 20:25   #9347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On which cars should the Waterless Wash not be performed to avoid the Scratch on paint?

In other words, How Dirty is Too Dirty for a Waterless Car Wash?

EDIT No.1: -
Pl. Note that the following does not relate to above.
While performing Waterless Wash or Rinseless Wash, how many minimum No. of MF towels will I have to use? Suppose I have 2 MF towels. If I lift dirt with No.1 MF and Wipe clean with No.2 MF, can I use the No.1 again after dipping it in clean water and squeezing it i.e. can I use the MF No.1 wet? Or only Dry MFs should be used for lifting dirt?

EDIT No. 2: -
I will be using Proklear RAW Xtreme CX.
Also suggest which MFs to be used. I have searched online but confused which one to go for.

How effective is X Static Aqua Magnet for drying Glass panels of car or it should be used only for Body Parts in case the car is washed using Shampoo (i.e traditional way- Pressure Washer, Apply Shampoo, Rinse).
If the dirt is baked onto the paint then you cannot use,rather should not use, waterless and rinseless wash.

For Rinseless wash, i would suggest you use Garry Dean method. Google it.

For both the type of washes you would atleast need 5-6 cleaning micros and 2-3 large drying micros. Check out micro fiber towels offered by Ultimate Detailerz- The blue ones with 530 GSM will suit both waterless or rinseless

Note- Usual TBHP disclaimers apply
Old 20th July 2015, 08:15   #9348
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

Just wanted to know if the usual Microfibre cloths of size 40X40 cm is the biggest which we get online or do we get something bigger than that too? When they say Microfibre towel, what is the normal size? I have the regular 40X40cms one and they take longer time to dry the car.
Old 20th July 2015, 08:27   #9349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Experts,

Just wanted to know if the usual Microfibre cloths of size 40X40 cm is the biggest which we get online or do we get something bigger than that too? When they say Microfibre towel, what is the normal size? I have the regular 40X40cms one and they take longer time to dry the car.
60x40cm towels are available, which can be used as drying towels. I personally use one myself.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 08:29   #9350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
60x40cm towels are available, which can be used as drying towels. I personally use one myself.
What brand are these? Are they available online? A few videos on you tube related to detailing showed the guys using the MF cloth of the size of the turkish towel. Just lay them on the car and the water gets absorbed instantly.
Old 20th July 2015, 11:43   #9351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Experts,

I use the Meguiars water magnet MF towel. Like the one in link below. The Large size is 76cm X 55cm. Quality is good and it has good water absorption and retaining capacity. I need to squeeze the water out only once in between while drying my SUV.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00SILW0N8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 15:08   #9352
Senior - BHPian

My go to drying towel now is the DC blue giant towel. Short nap on one side, long nap on another. Excellent water absorption and it is possible to dry a small car like i10 without wringing even once.
Old 20th July 2015, 16:32   #9353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On which cars should the Waterless Wash not be performed to avoid the Scratch on paint?

In other words, How Dirty is Too Dirty for a Waterless Car Wash?
This is not an answer to your question, but somehow still relevant.

I have curtailed my usage of the 'waterless' system. The reason is mainly that I found it really challenging to get rid of the contaminants and dirt collected by the microfiber cloth. I spend a lot of time cleaning the microfiber cloths in this waterless system. So, it does not save my time.

My cars are parked under the tree and there are several stains as well, which keep on coming (due to tree sap).
Plus I do not clean the cars for a couple of weeks at a stretch.

Now-a-days water is scarce and hence I stopped the use of my hose pipe as well. The cars remain dirty, but the rains do help in getting rid of the lose dust to some extent.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th July 2015 at 16:34.
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:33   #9354
Senior - BHPian

Guys
from which website can one order car care products ? I dont see the usual ecommerce sites have any worthwhile products.
Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 12:03   #9355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
from which website can one order car care products ? I dont see the usual ecommerce sites have any worthwhile products.
Thanks
http://www.detailedclean.in/
http://www.autofresh.in/
http://bringingbest.in/
http://www.greenzcarcare.com/
http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/
http://www.vicky.in/
http://www.rogermotors.com/
http://huten.in/dodojuiceindia/

cheers!
BakyaBHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 11:53   #9356
BHPian

Who stocks Meguiars APC? I had been searching for APC for over a month, Megs customer care didn't help.
Old 25th July 2015, 12:22   #9357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Who stocks Meguiars APC? I had been searching for APC for over a month, Megs customer care didn't help.
Its meant for consumption by professionals, not regular end users. Thats why its not available on sale for everyone/sold in smaller quantities.
Old 25th July 2015, 14:29   #9358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Its meant for consumption by professionals, not regular end users. Thats why its not available on sale for everyone/sold in smaller quantities.
Thanks SunnyBoi. I had picked up a 32oz bottle from abroad, which got over. Had been searching for similar ones here.
Old 27th July 2015, 11:34   #9359
BHPian

Can anybody here tell me where to get 3M products along with car care services in Trivandrum?
I know that the Toyota and Chevrolet dealers here have it. But is there any independent shop to get my Xuv5OO worked on with 3M products?
Old 29th July 2015, 14:34   #9360
Senior - BHPian

3M does not retail their car care products except for microfibers. 3M owns Meguiars and you can buy Meguiars in retail. 3M car care shops also don't sell any of their car care products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks