Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 16:17   #9376
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Dodo juice is available on Huten.org. Somehow they do not show it as in stock.Drop a mail to info@huten.org and check with them.
Just FYI: Dodo supernatural is available. I don't know how good/ bad it is.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:37   #9377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Can someone suggest a couple of effective yet 'easy on the sealant' shampoos?
My pick is Sonax Gloss Shampoo. Its probably the best consumer grade car shampoo out there and is wax/sealant safe.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 14:34   #9378
BHPian

bought these from Lulu Mall Kochi, today. Will do the try out soon.
hope its not a duplicate stuff, got the importer hologram in pic 3
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-a1.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-a2.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-a0.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-a3.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-a5.jpg
Old 20th August 2015, 21:02   #9379
BHPian

Guys I need some advise on cleaning the windshield and windows on my car. I can not get rid of the wipe marks which are left behind after cleaning the glass. I first clear off the dirt using a Jopasu duster. Then I spray either the Proklear rinseless solution or Colin. After that I dry off using Microfiber cloths and/or clean lint free cotton cloths. But no matter how much I clean, there is always the wipe marks on the glass which is left behind. Newspapers give me the best result. But I am not very convinced if newspapers should be used. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong or what I should do?

Any suggestions on from where I can procure those wipers that the petrol pump attendants use. They do a damn good job too. There are few wipers available on amazon.in but user reviews are not too great.
Old 20th August 2015, 22:37   #9380
BHPian

Friends, need your advice on how to mitigate fog developed on windshield while raining during driving. Is there any technique? This poses serious risk as fog blindfolds the windshield. Though I use AC settings, it is not effective. I am not sure whether I am right or not, need experts advice.
Old 20th August 2015, 22:56   #9381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Friends, need your advice on how to mitigate fog developed on windshield while raining during driving. Is there any technique? This poses serious risk as fog blindfolds the windshield. Though I use AC settings, it is not effective. I am not sure whether I am right or not, need experts advice.
You can try PROKLEAR Anti-Fog Defog System for Windshield - Defogger Spray

I got it from ebay.in and found it be useful.

Note: I am not related to seller/brand, just a happy customer.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 10:32   #9382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Guys I need some advise on cleaning the windshield and windows on my car. I can not get rid of the wipe marks which are left behind after cleaning the glass. I first clear off the dirt using a Jopasu duster. Then I spray either the Proklear rinseless solution or Colin. After that I dry off using Microfiber cloths and/or clean lint free cotton cloths. But no matter how much I clean, there is always the wipe marks on the glass which is left behind. Newspapers give me the best result. But I am not very convinced if newspapers should be used. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong or what I should do?

Any suggestions on from where I can procure those wipers that the petrol pump attendants use. They do a damn good job too. There are few wipers available on amazon.in but user reviews are not too great.
Get Scotch Brite squeegee. Does the job well.

Quote:

Pro klear anti fog is good but application is tricky. Apply less and there is hardly any effect. Apply more and the inside of the windshield will have streak even after wiping multiple times with clean microfibers.

Longevity is one week max
Old 21st August 2015, 13:23   #9383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone has recommended keeping lot of silica gel in pouches or socks inside the car.

I kept one small pouch of silica gel, but there are no rains here, so I cannot test.
Old 21st August 2015, 13:42   #9384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the fogging issue on the inner side or the outer side of the windshield. If on the inner side of windshield, directing the fresh air or AC towards the windshield would be helpful. If fogging is on the outside the windshield, wiper operation or directing the heater air to the windshield will help. Fogging will always be an issue as long as there is temperature difference between the cabin and outside. The trick is to find that one correct setting which will help in removing the fog instantly and prevent recurrences.

Check out this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-required.html
Old 21st August 2015, 17:02   #9385
BHPian

Quote:
Direct cold air onto the windshield - Make sure the outer air knob/button turned on as it will not be effective if the AC is in re-circulation mode, reason being the vents near the windshield are used to intake air in Re-circ mode.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 22:42   #9386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Get Scotch Brite squeegee. Does the job well.
Thanks for your advise. Tried with the Scotch Brite squeegee today. Some improvement, but still leaves streaks and marks. Would switching over to 3M or Meguiar glass cleaner be helpful? Else I would go back to newspapers.
Old 22nd August 2015, 09:09   #9387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post

Thanks for your advise. Tried with the Scotch Brite squeegee today. Some improvement, but still leaves streaks and marks. Would switching over to 3M or Meguiar glass cleaner be helpful? Else I would go back to newspapers.
Do a dry wipe with a clean microfiber after squeegeeing. It will clear all marks.
Old 25th August 2015, 14:01   #9388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
My pick is Sonax Gloss Shampoo. Its probably the best consumer grade car shampoo out there and is wax/sealant safe.
Friends, is it possible to have a TEAM-BHP list of recommended car-care products? Everyone will have their favourite, but if it is at one place it will be great for us--at least for me. I tried going through several threads to find the best products, but could not get a clear idea. I did manage to jot down the following. But if everyone can decide on adding two products per category (and, if possible, mention where they can be brought), it will be fantastic.

1. Duster: Jopasu
2. Drying towel: Meguiar's Microfiber Water Magnet Drying Towel
3. Cloth: 3M Car Care Microfibre Cloth
4. Shampoo:
5. Tyre cleaner:
6. Waxing:
7. Cover:
8. Seat cleaner:
9. Dashboard cleaner:
10. Portable vaccum cleaner:

Thank you!
(p.s.: I am a bit late to adopting a hygiene regimen-hence pointers to how to wax thread etc will be helpful as well.)
oldshivabull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 17:31   #9389
BHPian

I have been using the jopasu duster , formula 1 shampoo and formula 1 carnauba wax to maintain my 2 months old brown duster . Now after going through this thread have decided to upgrade my cleaning kit stock .
Got myself the Optimum no rinse wash and wax and amway vinyl and leather cleaner .
Ordered the meguiars Polish and wax combo hopefully would get my hands on them by the weekend . Can't wait to test them on the car and hopefully post some shining pictures of the car

Next on the list would be a clay bar , which would be added to the list in the coming few months
Old 25th August 2015, 19:34   #9390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Friends, is it possible to have a TEAM-BHP list of recommended car-care products? But if everyone can decide on adding two products per category (and, if possible, mention where they can be brought), it will be fantastic.

2. Drying towel: Meguiar's Microfiber Water Magnet Drying Towel
3. Cloth: 3M Car Care Microfibre Cloth
4. Shampoo:
5. Tyre cleaner:
6. Waxing:
7. Cover:
8. Seat cleaner:
9. Dashboard cleaner:
10. Portable vaccum cleaner:
I have been using following products