Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 13:04   #9466
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Those two wont bond. Reverse the order. First collinite and then spray sealant after collinite has cured
Ah. Since Klasse SG and CG Blitz both are acrylic - i thought they will be friendly to each other and then top up with 845. I am assuming the 845 would have worn out by now (9+ weeks) and its KSG in action on the body now.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 4th November 2015 at 13:06.
Old 4th November 2015, 13:35   #9467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Ah. Since Klasse SG and CG Blitz both are acrylic - i thought they will be friendly to each other and then top up with 845. I am assuming the 845 would have worn out by now (9+ weeks) and its KSG in action on the body now.
Oh. Did not know that CG blitz was acrylic. Then it would be better to skip collinite and just top it up with the CG blitz. Coz collinite on top of a acrylic spray would not bond well
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 23:37   #9468
BHPian

Proklear has launched their SX Carnauba Spray Wax. If any fellow members happen to try it out, kindly post a brief review here.
Old 7th November 2015, 21:38   #9469
BHPian

Friends, need a help. Recently I was driving through a road which was under construction. After stopping the car I noticed that the car has picked lots of coal tar. Now how can I remove the tar from paint?
Old 7th November 2015, 22:37   #9470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Friends, need a help. Recently I was driving through a road which was under construction. After stopping the car I noticed that the car has picked lots of coal tar. Now how can I remove the tar from paint?
You can get and use tarx or tarminator . I have used the former to good results. I think people also use diesel, but ymmv.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 11:55   #9471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
You can get and use tarx or tarminator . I have used the former to good results. I think people also use diesel, but ymmv.
Yeah I was aware of Tar X, but when I checked on major online retailers, the minimum package size was 500ml. I think that would be too much. There is another option, WD 40. Has anyone used it..?
Old 8th November 2015, 13:35   #9472
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I was aware of Tar X, but when I checked on major online retailers, the minimum package size was 500ml. I think that would be too much. There is another option, WD 40. Has anyone used it..?
The same thing happened to me a few months back. The white ride was literally a plethora of black spots and even the roof was not spared. Bought a small bottle of Zorrik 88; it worked well, but the quantity was not even enough for finishing the hood. Bought half a liter of diesel and it did the job for me. But I did wash the car and re-apply the LSP after that.
RiGOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 15:10   #9473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That thing doesn't go bad, so it's worth getting 500 ml IMO. I have a 50ml trial pack size, but once I run out of that (pretty soon) I plan to get one too.

The elections are coming up next year in WB, so there's plenty of roads getting tarred
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 18:42   #9474
BHPian

Quote:
you could also use the new CarPro TRIX available in 100ml pack.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 22:42   #9475
BHPian

I had CarPro Trix with me and I was quiet happy with it. Somehow it disappeared now, I am not sure where did it vanish. Thanks for the link.

As of now I decided to try WD40 once.
Old 13th November 2015, 13:12   #9476
BHPian

Quote:
As of now I decided to try WD40 once.
Hi,

I have used WD40 to remove tar marks from all the 4 door of car. I had to spend one can of WD40 and 2 hours since tar marks on my car were stubborn. I did not use tooth brush since I did not want to scratch the surface. Instead I removed tougher stains in phases. Gradually all the marks disappeared.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 14:15   #9477
Senior - BHPian

The sooner you remove tar, the easier it is. Waiting a month or two makes it rock hard and it gets awfully hard to remove it. WD40 will do quick job of removing fresh tar. If its only a day or two old, a strong shampoo will remove it too.
Old 13th November 2015, 14:40   #9478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post

I did not use tooth brush since I did not want to scratch the surface. Instead I removed tougher stains in phases. Gradually all the marks disappeared.

Regards.
What a coincidence. I did the same (WD40 + an old tooth brush) last week and got rid off the tar. The final washing is pending.

I applied WD40 all over car first and waited for some time, then started removing using tooth brush and tissue paper.
Old 13th November 2015, 14:44   #9479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The sooner you remove tar, the easier it is. Waiting a month or two makes it rock hard and it gets awfully hard to remove it. WD40 will do quick job of removing fresh tar. If its only a day or two old, a strong shampoo will remove it too.
And how to remove the old , hardened tar?
Old 13th November 2015, 14:58   #9480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
And how to remove the old , hardened tar?
Hi sagarpadaki,

I had removed hardened tar marks (almost 4 months old) using WD40. These wont go away in first attempt. Apply generous amount of WD40 and wait for some time. Then rub in circles using cloth/tissue paper or soft brush. Repeat the same process multiple times till all tar marks have been removed.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed