Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:27   #9661
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Any idea from where i can find eagle one products especially nano wash & wax. Have used umpteen no. of shampoos but nothing comes close to this thing. I have tried many places and online also but hard luck. Please if anyone has idea about its availability kindly update
These are available at ebay.in, I have used these products and I agree with you , nothing come close to these.
Here is the link:http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=...E+ONE&_sacat=0
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:41   #9662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
These are available at ebay.in, I have used these products and I agree with you , nothing come close to these.
Here is the link:http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=...E+ONE&_sacat=0
Checked out but unable to find the nano wash and wax. Guess will have to get it shipped from USA , really wish the shipping is not that expensive though
Old 4th March 2016, 10:19   #9663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Tyre polish/dressers are applied on sidewalls so it would not interfere with the contact patch, even if it does, the polish on contact patch would get blown away within miles on our super dusty roads.
In my case it will be over within few feet of my parking spot.... Polish and Dress causing issues for us Indians is just a joke. I will not worry even if my car tyre comes in contact with grease. We are born and bought up in dust filled country. Unlike super slick cobbled roads of Europeans.
Old 4th March 2016, 12:51   #9664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Tyre polish/dressers are applied on sidewalls so it would not interfere with the contact patch ...

Oh yes, of course!

Actually, I don't need, or even want, gloss. I suppose that just came into my head because people often do on tyres. I just want new-looking, rather than the slightly-grey of rubber which is not actually new.

Not important if this is not easy: I'll have forgotten about it after a while!
Old 4th March 2016, 13:32   #9665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I would suggest you to get 3M tyre dresser from Amazon if you dont want to spent too much on it. Have been using it for a while now and it works well, long lasting and does not attract too much dust.

A brand new shining car does not gel well with tyres that look brownish and dried up, tyre dresser would complete the look. Try the 3M one, easy to apply and costs less.
Old 4th March 2016, 16:02   #9666
BHPian

Quote:

Oh yes, of course!

Actually, I don't need, or even want, gloss. I suppose that just came into my head because people often do on tyres. I just want new-looking, rather than the slightly-grey of rubber which is not actually new.

This is what I do to my car tyres since I hate shining tyre which looks too artificial and sticks out like a sore thumb.

I use extra mild solution of degreaser on a heavily dirty tyre. This helps me dissolve all the nonsense that the tyre has picked up as well as I don't have to brush at all. It just oozes out.

After that, I just pour water on them and then use 3M Tyre Dresser on a sponge. Gives me the best outcome. No frill, no pain. Just clean looking tyre with no shine or unnecessary frills.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 12:01   #9667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
This is what I do to my car tyres since I hate shining tyre which looks too artificial and sticks out like a sore thumb.
+1

I too don't like that artificial shine on the sidewall. That's the stuff the 3M detailers put on without even asking. Looks pretty sad IMO.

My tyre dressing spray (ArmorAll) produces a matt black finish which is the way the tyre looks when it's new. Need to try Meguiars.

Quote:
There has been this tin of Meguiars Tech Wax 2 sitting around, barely touched, since I had my last car paint-treated, at new, by 3M, about four years ago. It even survived floating around in the flood. I haven't felt so amazed since the first time I ever made something out of gold, a material that I had previously thought over-rated, when I took the piece to the polishing wheel and watched the dull yellow metal leap into deep golden life. The car looks like it just came from the showroom.
I've been using Meg's Tech Wax NXT (ver 1) wax & their NXT wash since 2007 and believe me, there's no wash/wax that comes close. Have ordered the new Ultimate Wax and a tin of NXT 2 as well. I believe I have turned into a Meguair's fan.

Last edited by R2D2 : 5th March 2016 at 12:06. Reason: Reply to another post
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 14:41   #9668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
+1

I too don't like that artificial shine on the sidewall. That's the stuff the 3M detailers put on without even asking. Looks pretty sad IMO.
Search and buy a good water based tyre dresser. Water based ones attract much less dust and look natural compared to oil based dressings.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 16:24   #9669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Search and buy a good water based tyre dresser. Water based ones attract much less dust and look natural compared to oil based dressings.
Thanks for the tip. Which ones would you recommend? So far Armorall has been doing a satisfactory job. I am open to trying something new.
Old 5th March 2016, 17:33   #9670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I've been using Meg's Tech Wax NXT (ver 1) wax & their NXT wash since 2007 and believe me, there's no wash/wax that comes close. Have ordered the new Ultimate Wax and a tin of NXT 2 as well. I believe I have turned into a Meguair's fan.
For wash/cleaning, I'm going to try some Optimum stuff. I have doubts, though, as to how it will fit my workflow, where I have access to a hose, which even carries a decent pressure of water, and the no-rinse aspect is of no consequence to me. If it really does wash-and-shine, I suppose I might use it as a rinse, having removed the grime with some other stuff, nameless or otherwise.

I am going to invest in a new cleaning brush for wet use, removing the grunge layer of dirt that sticks. Jopasu deals with the dry dust.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 17:45   #9671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For wash/cleaning, I'm going to try some Optimum stuff. I have doubts, though, as to how it will fit my workflow, where I have access to a hose, which even carries a decent pressure of water, and the no-rinse aspect is of no consequence to me. If it really does wash-and-shine, I suppose I might use it as a rinse, having removed the grime with some other stuff, nameless or otherwise.
Given the water shortage in Pune my housing colony has issued a notice prohibiting car washing I decided to try out ONR and ordered a bottle along with some Meguair's "Wash & wax anywhere". I'll be trying these products over the coming weeks. I doubt these water-less products will give me the same performance as a proper 2 bucket or hose wash but heck, technology has moved on and I am willing to give it a go.

Quote:
I am going to invest in a new cleaning brush for wet use, removing the grunge layer of dirt that sticks. Jopasu deals with the dry dust.
Interesting product. May buy one. Just bought a Jopasu duster last week after reading all the reports here. It's pretty good at what it does!
Old 8th March 2016, 14:08   #9672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For wash/cleaning, I'm going to try some Optimum stuff.
I received Optimum ONR, Instant Detailer, and an Opti-erazer.

I have a problem with the Opti-erazer: the coating on one side is not at all smooth, but is patchy. I have contacted the Amazon seller but no answer yet (only 24 hours). Given the price, it really should be perfect! I don't think I could handle traditional clay: I usually drop the cloth at least a couple of times when car cleaning, I'm sure I'd do the same with clay.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 8th March 2016 at 14:11.
Old 8th March 2016, 14:17   #9673
BHPian

Quote:
I received Optimum ONR, Instant Detailer, and an Opti-erazer.

I have a problem with the Opti-erazer: the coating on one side is not at all smooth, but is patchy. I have contacted the Amazon seller but no answer yet (only 24 hours). Given the price, it really should be perfect! I don't think I could handle traditional clay: I usually drop the cloth at least a couple of times when car cleaning, I'm sure I'd do the same with clay.
Opti erazer means clay cloth right? If that is so, I have one, which is blue MF on one side and clay coating on the other. Didn't quite understand what patchy mean. I had picked up directly from the dealer in Bangalore and the clay coating was not that smooth too.
Old 9th March 2016, 10:52   #9674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Opti erazer means clay cloth right? If that is so, I have one, which is blue MF on one side and clay coating on the other. Didn't quite understand what patchy mean. I had picked up directly from the dealer in Bangalore and the clay coating was not that smooth too.
No, it is not a cloth, it is more like a sponge (damned expensive sponge!). Here is a link.

Anyway, patchy? A picture speaks many words:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-optierazer.jpg

The suppliers say...
Quote:
Thank you for your email. This is the brand new piece which we have shipped to you. We have earlier noted this issue and already raised the concern with our principle(OPT, USA). We do understand that the new piece looks unfinished. But we can assure you that it is not any kind of damage or poor quality product. Only the finish is not upto the mark. If you are still not satisfied with the transaction you can return back to us the unused Opti Eraser and we will initiate the refund
So, there is nothing wrong with the product, it is just a "finish" issue. That seems to have a rather high BS quotient to me!

I don't really want a refund, although a replacement would be ok. As the product, on Amazon, is "currently unavailable," I doubt if I'd get one. If this was Amazon.com, they'd probably just put in the post to me: I've had that with another product that was defective, even including international shipping.

So, I am not happy, but will probably keep the thing. The amount of use it will get from me probably means its fine to regard it as a single-sided thingy, even though I paid for two sides. The second side seems like an afterthought anyway: one side has a different, paler. layer of foam under it, this, poorly applied layer does not.

In other, better, news, the Opti Instant Detailer is wonderful. The Meguiars product was like a wax: one had to polish off the haze: the opti product is just wipe off and shine!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 9th March 2016 at 10:54.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:07   #9675
BHPian

Quote:
No, it is not a cloth, it is more like a sponge (damned expensive sponge!). Here is a link.
Ok. Finishing is patchy as you said. My clay cloth was not too smooth but the finishing was even. I am not too sure if the uneven finishing might affect or cause swirl marks / mild scratches on the paint surface. If thet is the case taking a replacement would be better.

Any expert on this may further comment.

Edit: This eraser is also available on greenzcarcare.com for Rs. 1597, you can check out if you wish to take refund and buy another.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 9th March 2016 at 11:12.

Most Viewed