Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 13:48   #9961
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys which is the best thing available in market for cleaning alloys/tyres? (if there is such a thing of course). If it has been discussed then please share the link.
You can use an all purpose cleaner. Its pretty effective in getting rid of the brake dust stuck on the wheels. Otherwise you can use a product like Carpro Iron X for more deeper cleaning and to remove the iron particles and other contaminants.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 10:17   #9962
Senior - BHPian

Most of them times, a good wash is all thats needed.

Before

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-001.jpeg

During

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-002.jpeg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-003.jpeg

After

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-004.jpeg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-005.jpeg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-006.jpeg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-whatsapp-image-20161113-12.47.36-pm.jpeg

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 14th November 2016 at 10:25.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 12:40   #9963
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Maxshine Thane for the detailing of my Punto. Came across this ad of ceramic coating. Enquired with Mangesh and it costs for hatchback 20K, for sedan 25k, and for SUV 30K. The gloss on one of the cars i.e Chevy Cruze which had undergone the ceramic coating was simply mind blowing. No one could tell the car was 5 yrs old, looked like showroom piece. There were atleast 6-7 owners (7 series BMW, Honda city, Jetta etc) had come to enquire about the coating. One of the BHPian Ankur Chaturvedi had got it done on his Alto and was completely satisfied with the product. The life for the coating though is one year but totally repels water accumulation. Mangesh demonstrated it on the Cruze.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-maxshine-ceramic-coating.jpg  

Old 15th November 2016, 21:24   #9964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Had been to Maxshine Thane for the detailing of my Punto. Came across this ad of ceramic coating. Enquired with Mangesh and it costs for hatchback 20K, for sedan 25k, and for SUV 30K. The gloss on one of the cars i.e Chevy Cruze which had undergone the ceramic coating was simply mind blowing. No one could tell the car was 5 yrs old, looked like showroom piece. There were atleast 6-7 owners (7 series BMW, Honda city, Jetta etc) had come to enquire about the coating. One of the BHPian Ankur Chaturvedi had got it done on his Alto and was completely satisfied with the product. The life for the coating though is one year but totally repels water accumulation. Mangesh demonstrated it on the Cruze.
Hi ghodlur,

I have been discussing this in a couple of post before and trying to understand whether spending 20k for a ceramic coat that will last only a year is worth the money? Is it practical to spend 20k every year for this? Since you have seen the outcome in person, what is your opinion in this regard?

Last edited by Epic : 15th November 2016 at 21:25.
Old 16th November 2016, 08:04   #9965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Since you have seen the outcome in person, what is your opinion in this regard?
The outcome which I saw on the Cruze where the ceramic coating was applied was simply astonishing. There was a glaze which I had at least not seen before. Even I was sceptic about spending that much amount for an year, but the looks the car gets is enviable. I had a chat with the Cruze owner trying to understand the reason for going for the coating. As per him, since his drives involved daily Mum-Pune-Mum trips and he could afford to spend on the coating. Plus he was sold on the product when he had seen another car which had undergone the treatment. More of a financial/personal decision I guess. How much practical, cant say.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:57   #9966
BHPian

Amazing wash quality sunny boy. Could you share which brand foam is that & where it is available in Mysore. How did you wash the engine bay so neatly is it some APC , kindly share the product details if you can.

Ananth
Old 17th November 2016, 21:19   #9967
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I searched "Spray bottle" and this popped up.

I am looking for a heavy grade industrial type spray bottle to use with Kerosene. To clean my motorbike chain.

I've used an amway bottle - dead, got a colin bottle - dead, got a pesticide sprayer bottle thing from amazon - dead. I need something that can withstand Kerosene being kept in the bottle for months together.

Any recommendations? What kind of application should I look for?
Old 17th November 2016, 21:27   #9968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Maybe you need something made of steel, like an old-fashioned oil can? I don't even know if they still exist, but I suppose they must. long, fine spout and a finger trigger. Stuff that my father bought before I was born.

EDIT: like this!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 17th November 2016 at 21:29.
Old 18th November 2016, 23:17   #9969
Senior - BHPian

Well the pest control guys have metal pump sprayers so that could be one option. No idea if the kerosene would melt the inner gaskets and rubber parts though
Old 25th November 2016, 18:49   #9970
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I am searching for Meguiar's Utimate Quik Detailing spray since many days, but am unable to find it. Any leads??
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 07:52   #9971
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Interested to know if any one has used brake pad cleaner.
Found this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.in/3M-High-Power-B...+brake+cleaner

I am planning to use this after full car wash, to avoid rust dust accumulation on brakes.
Old 26th November 2016, 11:02   #9972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys, I am searching for Meguiar's Utimate Quik Detailing spray since many days, but am unable to find it. Any leads??
I was in the same boat - so instead of waiting endlessly, I went ahead with "Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer". Have used it once, about 10 days back, and water beading is still present. With the quantity at hand for 900/- , I think this would last me atleast 10 car cycles.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 12:01   #9973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Well, I searched "Spray bottle" and this popped up.

I am looking for a heavy grade industrial type spray bottle to use with Kerosene. To clean my motorbike chain.

I've used an amway bottle - dead, got a colin bottle - dead, got a pesticide sprayer bottle thing from amazon - dead. I need something that can withstand Kerosene being kept in the bottle for months together.

I am surprised, I use Kerosene to clean my bike chain, and i have always used the same colin bottle- that bottle is now close to 3 years old now. Kersone shouldnt affect the plastic.
Old 26th November 2016, 16:15   #9974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
I am surprised, I use Kerosene to clean my bike chain, and i have always used the same colin bottle- that bottle is now close to 3 years old now. Kersone shouldnt affect the plastic.
I am using an old shampoo bottle to squeeze the kerosene over the chain and then a wipe down.
Old 30th November 2016, 21:39   #9975
BHPian

A quick wash and wax later, the 11 months and 14,000+ km's old looks just like it came out of the showroom!
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_0060.jpg
Ruchir031 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed