Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:35   #10186
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Does an APC have to be formulated for cars, or will a general one do? This is available on Amazon, and was wondering if it would safe to use as a de-greaser, or for general cleaning (interiors etc.) of my car.

http://www.amazon.in/3M-Professional...urpose+cleaner
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:54   #10187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Does an APC have to be formulated for cars, or will a general one do? This is available on Amazon, and was wondering if it would safe to use as a de-greaser, or for general cleaning (interiors etc.) of my car.
I'd use it for household cleaning purposes. Not the car.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 13:10   #10188
BHPian

What is the best Engine Degreaser (3 Litre and above in quantity) available for online purchase in India ?
Old 26th June 2017, 22:18   #10189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
What is the best Engine Degreaser (3 Litre and above in quantity) available for online purchase in India ?
Meg's APC or Optimum power clean.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00BFUG...AFL&ref=plSrch

Honestly, I don't think you need 3 Liters and above unless you want to clean a dozen of trucks . Usually, you dilute it 5:1 or 3:1 atleast and spray it on the bay and brush.

Basically, a liter of APC would give you 3 liters of usable degreaser and you would rarely use more than half a liter of it at a time.
Old 27th June 2017, 08:12   #10190
Senior - BHPian

Experts, need your advise.

Last monsoon I bought the Proklear antifog spray, although I used it minimally last monsoon I decided to utilize it fully this time. I sprayed on the inner windshield and spread it using a MF cloth as per instructions on the bottle. After Hazing I was expected to slightly buff it. The haze never happened but I used the MF cloth to further spread it. Inspite of following the instructions, I am yet to find any success. The fogging on the inner windshield continues and I am forced to used the defogger every time. The more I use the defogger, the more it fogs. What am I doing wrong? Is the applications process incorrect?

If any one has used the product, kindly let me know the correct way,

http://www.amazon.in/PROKLEAR-Anti-F...klear+anti+fog
Old 29th June 2017, 09:57   #10191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Experts, need your advise.
Am successfully using this product since last 3 years. Windshield is fogging simply due to the lack of anti-fogging material on the glass. Would advise you to spread it by using the tissue paper. At times, MF clothes absorb the entire liquid while spreading.

How I use it:
  • Spray it (=do not over-spray) at 4 corners and in the middle of the windshield
  • Spread it vertically / horizontally
  • Touch up as per the requirement
  • As per my experience, the product does not haze, so it needs to be applied correctly (=the right quantity) the first time.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 11:48   #10192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
[*]As per my experience, the product does not haze, so it needs to be applied correctly (=the right quantity) the first time.
Thanks mate for the advise.
But the bottle says it will haze. I will try applying using a tissue paper.

Since I have already applied, will I have to remove the coating (if any) with normal newspaper or cotton cloth? I will not use MF cloth.
Old 29th June 2017, 12:14   #10193
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate for the advise.
But the bottle says it will haze. I will try applying using a tissue paper.

Since I have already applied, will I have to remove the coating (if any) with normal newspaper or cotton cloth? I will not use MF cloth.
Unfortunately, one of the cases in which the provided instructions do not work effectively. Would advise you to clean the glass with soapy water to completely remove all the substances and begin the process freshly. Make sure that you do not over spray.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:53   #10194
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Attachment 1656055

Attachment 1656056

@ Experts - Can a good detailing fix this?
Cross-posting from another thread as I need opinion if the above damage can be removed by detailing or will have to get it re-painted? I am planning to get the car to my usual detailing guy this weekend as he said that most probably it could be fixed but will confirm after having a look personally.

So any inputs on what could be done would be great before I get the opinion from my detailer.

Thanks!!
Old 12th July 2017, 14:13   #10195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If any one has used the product, kindly let me know the correct way,

http://www.amazon.in/PROKLEAR-Anti-F...klear+anti+fog
I too have used this and it works perfectly. It does not haze. I just spray thrice only in front of the driver side and with light hand rub it off with MF cloth. I also do the same from outside too if its going to be a real hard winter time.

Try doing the same and be gentle while rubbing it off. Hope it works for you then
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 21:10   #10196

Hi Members,

Picked up 2017 Skoda Rapid Candy White diesel. Currently doing 3M Paint Sealant treatment and PPF in front and rear bumpers.

While I was talking to the owner, he mentioned not to use any sort of duster to remove car dust, since it will leave very minute a scratches. His recommendation is to use a wet microfibre cloth and wipe of the dust.

I am a bit confused now, I was contemplating on buying Jopasu Car Duster for daily use. I park my vehicle on the side of the road and cover her. But still lot of dust get settled once I uncover in the morning.

Can you guys please recommend a good way of removing dust?

P.S. Attaching a couple of pictures of 3M guys doing the job. So far so good.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501515539.372404.jpgA superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501515555.189687.jpg
krish_veera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 22:44   #10197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_veera View Post
While I was talking to the owner, he mentioned not to use any sort of duster to remove car dust, since it will leave very minute a scratches. His recommendation is to use a wet microfibre cloth and wipe of the dust.

I am a bit confused now, I was contemplating on buying Jopasu Car Duster for daily use. I park my vehicle on the side of the road and cover her. But still lot of dust get settled once I uncover in the morning.
I do not think that any method is 100% perfect.

First thing I'd recommend is a cover that keeps [almost all] the dust out. My Tph cover is a huge improvement over my previous old cover, which was sanding the car every day

Note that Tph recommend to never cover a dirty car. Makes sense: it grinds the dirt in. They recommend to rinse off the dirt before covering. And you don't need to dry as the cover is breathable.

Dusty car: I Jopasu and cover.
Dirty car: I spray and little ONR and rinse then cover.
Wet car: I spray a little ONR and wipe then cover.

Microfibre will pick up dirt. This may be controversial: I think it is better to use dry. Very lightly, do not rub.

Congratulations on your new car
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 10:56   #10198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Cross-posting from another thread as I need opinion if the above damage can be removed by detailing or will have to get it re-painted? I am planning to get the car to my usual detailing guy this weekend as he said that most probably it could be fixed but will confirm after having a look personally.

So any inputs on what could be done would be great before I get the opinion from my detailer.

Thanks!!
Try using a strong rubbing compound. If it does not work after 2 tries, re-paint it.
KkVaidya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 12:13   #10199
BHPian

What is the best and easy way to clean this?

I tried 1:4 diluted vinegar and the image is after brushing (soft toothbrush) with vinegar.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-imageuploadedbyteambhp1502174454.880846.jpg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 10:19   #10200
BHPian

Hi friends, can someone help me with steps and products for protecting new car's paint. Also, it will be helpful if someone can outline the regular cleaning/maintenance tips. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks