Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 08:50   #10216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Just did a shampoo and waxing of my cars, shampoo used - sonax, wax - collinite 476S.

This 476s lasts really long, though it does take some effort to rub it in and then buff it off.

The end effect ufcourse, is very satisfying. I can't help but look at these cars in admiration every time.
I agree. Collinite 476s rocks. Hard to work with but the end result is beautiful.

If you're up to it try a coat of 'sealant' like Meguiar's NXT or Ultimate wax before topping it off with Collinite 476s or, if you're feeling a bit lazy, Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba wax.

You'll love the effect and lasting protection for the paint.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 10:18   #10217
BHPian

Meguiars gold class carnauba wax is a paste or liquid? Like collinite 875?
Old 3rd September 2017, 12:55   #10218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meguiars gold class carnauba wax is a paste or liquid? Like collinite 875?
Meg's Gold Class Carnauba is a paste wax while Collinite 845 is a liquid wax. Like Collinite 476s, Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance is also a paste wax. I am not getting into formulations for aviation and marine waxes as they are out of scope for this discussion. Suffice to say Collinite makes some excellent stuff in that category too.

Having used Meguairs, Turtle, and Mothers liquid waxes, I find paste waxes are (naturally) more difficult to apply & buff off. But the end result is worth it. If you could manage Collinite 476s other paste waxes are a breeze to work with by comparison.

Last edited by R2D2 : 3rd September 2017 at 12:56.
Old 4th September 2017, 06:34   #10219
BHPian

Among the waxes mentioned above is there any which give a longer surface protection than 476s?
Old 4th September 2017, 09:04   #10220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Among the waxes mentioned above is there any which give a longer surface protection than 476s?
Hmm, not to my knowledge. Collinite 476s is THE wax that lasts the longest, up to a year in temperate & cold climates according to feedback on different car detailing forums. In India's hot tropical weather & dusty environment, things are different.

Waxes are temporary and last depending largely on the make of wax, weather, where the car is parked and how the vehicle cleaned/washed.
Old 4th September 2017, 18:42   #10221
BHPian

My Meguiars NXT car wash shampoo got over around 10 days back. And now I am look out for another bottle. But unfortunately none of the dedicated car care online portals stock it. I am heavily satisfied with the product and can go ahead and buy another bottle but only from a trusted seller. It produced really great results and was economical as well (not as cheap as 3M one). My last experience with Amazon was pretty bad and therefore do not want to take the same route.

I am open to other brands as well and seriously considering two options from Poorboy or one from Zaino. Any suggestions or guidance will be really helpful.

Thanks...Vikas
Old 5th September 2017, 09:05   #10222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
I am open to other brands as well and seriously considering two options from Poorboy or one from Zaino. Any suggestions or guidance will be really helpful.
Try contacting a 3M Car Care dealer in your city. They generally stock these shampoos. Or try a car accessory store.

The NXT range has been discontinued and stocks will get more difficult to find. You may want to consider buying a few bottles. NXT shampoo has been replaced by Megs Ultimate Wash and Wax. This one is not available in India yet. Post the takeover of Meguiar's, 3M has been dishing out step motherly treatment to what I consider to be one of the finest range of waxes, shampoos and other detailing products. They are happy pushing their own 3M brand.

Other than Megs, alternatives I'd recommend are Sonax, Mothers & 3M. Indian brands like Wavex and NIKS have received decent reviews on Amazon India. Others to consider are Waxpol and the likes. I'd stick to Sonax or 3M if Meguiar's is not available.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 10:40   #10223
BHPian

What can I use to remove oil and other stains from seats? The seats are fabric and not leather (OEM Creta seats).
Old 5th September 2017, 11:15   #10224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
What can I use to remove oil and other stains from seats? The seats are fabric and not leather (OEM Creta seats).
Try an all purpose cleaner or a product like this one which I have used for car and home upholstery with satisfactory results.

https://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G9719-Carpet-Upholstery-Cleaner/dp/B00QKI5L82/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504590295&sr= 1-1&keywords=Meguiar%27s+G9719
Old 5th September 2017, 12:24   #10225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Try contacting a 3M Car Care dealer in your city. They generally stock these shampoos. Or try a car accessory store.
stick to Sonax or 3M if Meguiar's is not available.
Thanks a lot R2D2. I think I'll visit a 3M store for some Meguiars stuff. If not Meguiars then I will settle for Sonax. Other two that I mentioned are way too costly. Going beyond 1K for a shampoo is not looking rational to me

Nonstop-Driver, you can also try this product besides what R2D2 already gave recommendation for. It is an APC .
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 10:10   #10226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Saw some great deals before applying any discount codes - no seller affiliation..

1. Mothers 91516 Marine Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. - Imported | eBay

Marine cleaner but clear-coat safe as well. I have the marine spray wax and it works great.

2. Mothers 10424 Reflections Leather Care - 24 oz. - Imported | eBay

Reflections leather care - should last a long time

3. Mothers 05550 California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Paste-12 oz-Imported
High quality wax - equivalent of Meguairs Gold Class

Enjoy!
Another shout of thanks! I finally unboxed my order, here's a pic!

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-mothers.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 17:40   #10227
Distinguished - BHPian

Any ideas how to get the shine back on this one?

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20170912_131600.jpg

Disclaimer - I don't own ANY car care products as of now. Its mostly wiped by Jopasu and washed when really dirty at the my FNG.
Old 12th September 2017, 18:35   #10228
BHPian

Guys would be impossible for me to go through these many pages! So would need your help!
I am looking for dark and wet finish for grey colour car.

Last year it went through sealent ...waxoyl 100 paint sealent.

What should I apply? Easy to apply, can do it every month if needed.
Wax or sealent or polish ?
Cheaper the better
Old 12th September 2017, 19:00   #10229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any ideas how to get the shine back on this one?

Attachment 1675661

Disclaimer - I don't own ANY car care products as of now. Its mostly wiped by Jopasu and washed when really dirty at the my FNG.
You can try fine rubbing compound, that should remove the layer of dirt on the emblems. Hard water you can use Harpic (yes you heard it right the toilets cleaner) with a tooth brush, but do it carefully with constant wipe off of the excess so that it doesn't damage paint, and ensure you wipe it off immediately and rinse with water afterwards to remove any residue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
What should I apply? Easy to apply, can do it every month if needed.
Wax or sealent or polish ?
Cheaper the better
Get Meguiars Tech Wax 2, 1000 odd bucks and very easy to apply and buff. Great shine and decent protection for about a month.

Last edited by bblost : 14th September 2017 at 00:36. Reason: Typo in Meguiars.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 19:59   #10230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Get Mcguire tech wax 2, 1000 odd bucks and very easy to apply and buff. Great shine and decent protection for about a month.
I was able to find tech wax in amazon, but the price is double of what you said!!!
1900+ !
Should I wait for scheme/coupon or maybe some other site ?

Meguiar's G12711AM NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Paste (311 ml) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00QKI3P6C/..._36-TzbQEXE3CP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks