Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2018, 11:40   #10441
BHPian

I was using Wolfgang deepgloss sealant (WG5500) from past 4 years. It provides wet finish enhancing color.
Any idea where can we source this in India?
Old 23rd April 2018, 22:51   #10442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I was using Wolfgang deepgloss sealant (WG5500) from past 4 years. It provides wet finish enhancing color.
Any idea where can we source this in India?
Hi HighOctane,

I checked some of the online portals that I trust and none of them have this product available with them. Possibly you can check with Detailedclean if they are planning to get it in coming days. They do have many products from Wolfgang family.
https://www.detailedclean.in/Wolfgang/

I see there are some sellers on amazon.in as well who are selling this product but I do not trust that medium because of past bad experience. Plus the prices there look exorbitant.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards

(Disclaimer: No commercial interests in promoting any brand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Experts,

1) Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate
2) Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
3) Optimum ONRWW8 No Rinse Wash & Wax
Thanks in advance.
I've been using ONR Wash and Wax for last 2 years. But recently I acquired a bottle of Ultima Waterless Wash and now I am converted primarily because of two reasons:
  1. Ultima, I feel is required less at same level of dilution as of ONR Wash & Wax.
  2. Ultima smells better in comparison to ONR Wash & Wax. (more personal choice)
Rest I did not find any differences in shine etc. There is a review that I shared 2-3 pages back.

Thanks & Regards

Last edited by Samurai : 4th July 2018 at 23:32. Reason: B2b
Old 24th April 2018, 01:13   #10443
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hello,
I am novice when it comes to car detailing stuff. I found this really cool video of washing the car and drying it without touching the car. Link below

It would work only if the dust is less on the car else tough grime would not come easily but the idea of the foam soaking in all grime and then giving a high pressure wash to clean. Finally the small blower is drying up the car without any water drops there by no chance of hard water spots and also avoiding cloth to dry helps to avoid swirl marks caused by drying cloth.
So i would like to have team bhpians opinions about this method of washing/ drying. Any forum members following this approach? Also any recommendations on which high pressure washer and air blower to buy in India.
Noticed the below item in amazon India site, not many reviews though
https://www.amazon.in/Frackson-Elect...=car+air+dryer

Below is from US site
https://www.theartofcleanliness.com/...-drying-a-car/

Obviously the India made is lot cheaper but not sure on reliability and effectiveness

Also have any of you fitted foam gun to pressure washer? How is the effectiveness ?

Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 09:38   #10444
BHPian

Off late my City has developed lot of swirl and deep to minor scuff/scratch marks. Used Meguiars UC and the minor ones seems to vanish but with a pain in hands/shoulders. Unable to bear the heat too. What is the rotor machine which is used for this purpose called and where can I source it. Good brands and model# please.
Old 24th April 2018, 12:01   #10445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post

Also have any of you fitted foam gun to pressure washer? How is the effectiveness ?

Thanks
You will need soft water to wash the car otherwise hard water marks are unavoidable here in India.
Old 24th April 2018, 14:23   #10446
BHPian

Quote:
So i would like to have team bhpians opinions about this method of washing/ drying. Any forum members following this approach?
I usually go by two bucket system. First bucket with cheap car cleaning soap liquid + 3M or Sonax or Wurth soap solution. Pour half of it on the car surface and allow it to soak for a while. Then dip a washing mitt (read old cotton underwear or cotton T Shirt) and gently wipe the body top to bottom.

Roof > Back Glass > Quarter Glass > Window > Pillars > Bonnet > Window Glass > Quarter Glass > Tail Lights + Number plate > Tail Lights > Doors (above side beading) > Side Panels > Head light > Grill > Head light > Doors (above side beading) > Rear Fender > Doors (below side panel) > Front Fender > Doors (below side panel) > Tyres and Alloy.

Left to Right or Right to Left is your choice.

Quote:
Though I am in market to get a new pressure washer, this foam gun part is what many complain about. More the suds, it is the effectiveness of foam pin and water quality that matters. Softer water obviously aid in better suds. But, in my opinion suds is not that important when compared to quality of the soap liquid or how waxy or soapy the product is.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 22:10   #10447
BHPian

Hey BHPians.

I follow a very simple approach as far as washing and detailing my cars is concerned. I shall only mention the exterior part as of now.

1. Wash my cars with Clinic Plus shampoo sachets ( Roughly 3 sachets per
car) and rinse thoroughly.
2. Remove the excess water droplets with the help of a spare wiper blade.
3. Use a cotton cloth to wipe the car dry.
4. Apply Formula 1 wax with the help of the OEM sponge in swirling motion.
5. Wait for 7 minutes to let it dry to haze.
6. Wipe it clean with microfiber cloth.

This approach saves me money and satisfies me when I look at my2012 Dzire (Pacific Blue) and specially 1999 Maruti 800(White) .
Kindly let me know your valuable suggestions if any.

Some pics for viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20180512_150331_hdr.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20180510_114609.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20180510_114627.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20180512_150107_hdr.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20180512_150239_hdr.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20180512_150250_hdr.jpg  

sid_hilldriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 00:54   #10448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_hilldriver View Post
1. Wash my cars with Clinic Plus shampoo sachets ( Roughly 3 sachets per
car) and rinse thoroughly.
2. Remove the excess water droplets with the help of a spare wiper blade.
Kindly avoid these two things. Any hair shampoo is meant for hair only, and one should always use pH neutral car shampoos only. The second one, spare wiper blade, can damage paint and induce swirls. You can use a nice microfiber for this. Cheap MGA microfibers costing Rs. 89 is of excellent quality.

Quote:
This approach saves me money and satisfies me when I look at my2012 Dzire (Pacific Blue) and specially 1999 Maruti 800(White) .
Glad to know a fellow M800 owner.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 01:37   #10449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Off late my City has developed lot of swirl and deep to minor scuff/scratch marks. Used Meguiars UC and the minor ones seems to vanish but with a pain in hands/shoulders. Unable to bear the heat too. What is the rotor machine which is used for this purpose called and where can I source it. Good brands and model# please.
It is safe to use Meguiar's Ultimate compound or any other compound by hand rather than using machine unless you are an expert. These liquids actually grind a portion of the painted surface (usually clear coat) so that the scratch and nearby area appear even.

You don't need to apply full force while applying UC. Do it with light force but apply it in 2 to 3 sessions. So that you will not get pain in your hand. Here is a video demonstration from Meguiar's themselves.

With machine, If you don't have a practice before hand, you will actually ruin the painted surface of your car.

There are 2 types of polishers available:

Dual action polisher - Safe to use compared to Rotary polisher
Rotary polisher - Recommended only for experts

I have seen many detailers use Makita brand polishers. However, I don't recommend unless you are very serious about detailing. They are bloody expensive too.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:09   #10450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
There are 2 types of polishers available:

Dual action polisher - Safe to use compared to Rotary polisher
Rotary polisher - Recommended only for experts

I have seen many detailers use Makita brand polishers. However, I don't recommend unless you are very serious about detailing. They are bloody expensive too.
Many thanks for the insight. I tend to do one session to expect perfection, will split it into multiples to avoid the pain.
Old 13th May 2018, 19:07   #10451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Kindly avoid these two things. Any hair shampoo is meant for hair only, and one should always use pH neutral car shampoos only.
Will using hair shampoo damage car paint? Why do you think so? I presume it will be diluted in a bucket of water.
Old 15th May 2018, 21:38   #10452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Will using hair shampoo damage car paint? Why do you think so? I presume it will be diluted in a bucket of water.
It's not about damaging paint, but it's effectiveness is questionable.

Too weak & at max usable for glasses. For paint it's always better to go with car shampoo.

What you need is a thick lather that will soak in grit, grime, dust on the surface of the car & act as a lubricanting agent to lift them when wiped with soft cloth without damaging paint. Hair shampoo is more gentle, less waxy & cannot provide that lubricating film that a car shampoo does.

Let me give you a simple example. Car shampoo is like curd. Thick, waxy. Hair shampoo is like butter milk.
Old 18th May 2018, 07:45   #10453

I would like suggestions for cleaning supplies for my car internal/external. I've got a brown SCross with vinyl seat covers, and I stay in Delhi. Things like Shampoo, good wash mitts, wax, vinyl/leather cleaner, fabric cleaner, windshield cleaners. I'll be manually cleaning the car, so not looking for pressure washers and similar things. Also, not much into tyre cleaning as the place where I stay is very very dusty, so any effort in the tyres might be in vain, though suggestions are welcome.

Also, it would be great if you guys can point me to online links so that things are easy to procure.

The thing is I've got my prospective in-laws to impress who'll be in town in a few weeks...
Old 18th May 2018, 11:02   #10454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaibat View Post
I would like suggestions for cleaning supplies for my car internal/external. I've got a brown SCross with vinyl seat covers, and I stay in Delhi. Things like Shampoo, good wash mitts, wax, vinyl/leather cleaner, fabric cleaner, windshield cleaners. I'll be manually cleaning the car, so not looking for pressure washers and similar things. Also, not much into tyre cleaning as the place where I stay is very very dusty, so any effort in the tyres might be in vain, though suggestions are welcome.

1. Car washing:
A. Go for car shampoo from 3M. They are quite cheap.
B. Wash mitts: Go for Meguiar's wash mitts
C. Microfiber cloth: You can get from Maruti service centers or you can buy from Amazon. Buy surplus Microfiber cloths atleast 15 - 20.

2. Polish:
A. Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
B. Buy Meguiar's applicator pads (circular sponge)

3. Wax:
A. Meguiar's Ultimate liquid Wax
B. Buy Meguiar's applicator pads (circular sponge)

4. Plastic protectant:
A. Chemical Guys VRP. This can be applied for interior plastics also. Protects from UV light. You can use this for tyre also but it is expensive and hence I don't recommend to apply this on tyre.

5. Tyre dresser:
A. 3M tyre dresser is cheapest and good quality but if you can afford, go for Meguiar's ultimate tire gel.

6. Windshield cleaner:
A. Go for Colin. It is cheap and good. You don't need to buy Meguiar's Windshield cleaner. It is 10 times more expensive than Colin and results are very similar.

7. Interior cleaner:
A. I have got Sonax interior cleaner from Maruti when I purchased my car. It is good.

All these can be purchased from Amazon and some of them available in Shell petrol bunks too. I have seen many of the detailing products in Shell Chennai but can't say the same in Shell Bangalore or Pune.

You may also want to have Clay and clay lube (such as quick detailer). Claying is important to bring out the original shine from your car.

Last edited by amvj : 18th May 2018 at 11:19.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 18:02   #10455
BHPian

My Skoda Superb’s completed 7 months, and I was keen to give it a mid-year cleaning treatment at 3M car care in Kochi. I paid them a visit and although I was scheduled to take my car in for an interior treatment as well as a regular wash today, I got too busy in the morning. Anyway, while I was there earlier this week, I took a pic of their pricing list. Sharing it here for others’ benefit.

Mods: I tried posting this on the 3M car care link for Kochi, but I realised that as a newbie, I can’t post there yet, since that thread comes under the Team-BHP Directory. Hope it’s okay to post here.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-67dbf437611e4c1e946d762b94735510.jpeg
gk1234 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks