Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2022, 19:26   #11446
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNerd View Post
hello, fellow BHPians. I need help in removing tree sap droppings from my car.

Hence please advice:-
1) the best way to get rid of these spots.
2) shall we park our under shade of a tree or parking under sun is better considering the problems associated with parking under trees.
1) Use an all purpose cleaner like Carpro Multi X diluted to remove the physical residue. To remove the stains you’ll have to use a light to moderate cut compound followed by a finishing polish to remove compound haze. You can take it to a detailer if not comfortable doing this yourself. (In some extreme cases you may need to wetsand the etchings to fully remove.)

2) Apply a good paint sealant/coating and park under the sun. UV inhibitors are built into your cars clearcoat which is further protected by your paint sealant/coating.

Avoid trees at all costs. Tree sap and bird droppings are acidic and very corrosive. If left long enough it’ll eat through your clear and into the base coat and at that point only a repaint will fix it.

Last edited by AJ56 : 21st April 2022 at 19:28.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 01:21   #11447
BHPian

Hello folks,

Please advise the best possible remedy as the dust is sticking to the car even after wiping three times with different microfiber cleaners.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20220429_095740.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20220429_100303.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20220429_1002581.jpg  

Last edited by metropolis : 30th April 2022 at 01:23.
Old 30th April 2022, 11:24   #11448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Hello folks,

Please advise the best possible remedy as the dust is sticking to the car even after wiping three times with different microfiber cleaners.

Thank you.
I see that is static caused by the Polyester content in the Microfiber. Suggest you use a Jopasu or similar duster.
Old 30th April 2022, 12:07   #11449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
I see that is static caused by the Polyester content in the Microfiber. Suggest you use a Jopasu or similar duster.
I have tried the soft fine cotton cloth as well but to no success.

Also, to wipe the dust, it takes a lot of effort. Earlier the dust got cleared in a single mop.

Last edited by metropolis : 30th April 2022 at 12:12.
Old 30th April 2022, 12:26   #11450
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried the soft fine cotton cloth as well but to no success.

Also, to wipe the dust, it takes a lot of effort. Earlier the dust got cleared in a single mop.
Whats the LSP on your car? Try using some synthetic spray wax and it should solve the problem. I'm using Sonax BSD also at present in Delhi. The static dust problem has been solved almost 90%.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 13:28   #11451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Whats the LSP on your car?
3M first step compound and Premium liquid wax. But the job has not been satisfactory and the cleaner left spots which are visible in bright light. Any remedy for that?

I have also noticed a slight roughness in the texture of paint.

Quote:
I'm using Sonax BSD also at present in Delhi. The static dust problem has been solved almost 90%.
How often you use this spray wax and what is the ideal way of application?

Last edited by metropolis : 30th April 2022 at 13:33.
Old 30th April 2022, 13:34   #11452
BHPian

I use proklear raw cx weekly once to clean the car and about twice a month the Sonax BSD after cleaning with proklear. Just spray and wipe.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 01:05   #11453
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the LSP on your car? Try using some synthetic spray wax and it should solve the problem. I'm using Sonax BSD also at present in Delhi. The static dust problem has been solved almost 90%.
I have a similar problem as metropolis, am based in Gurgaon aka dust bowl and the dust accumulates in a matter of minutes. Will try the Sonax solution. Curious if grounding the car while its parked helps to discharge the static.
Old 1st May 2022, 13:09   #11454
BHPian

Quote:
3M first step compound and Premium liquid wax. But the job has not been satisfactory and the cleaner left spots which are visible in bright light. Any remedy for that?

I have also noticed a slight roughness in the texture of paint.
Take it to a detailer or if doing yourself make sure to always use a finishing polish to refine the paintwork and remove the haze and swirling left behind by a cutting compound. After that you can IPA wipe and apply your wax/sealant. Roughness can result from bonded contaminants in the paint, use blue clay to remove prior to polishing.
Old 1st May 2022, 16:40   #11455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Take it to a detailer or if doing yourself make sure to always use a finishing polish to refine the paintwork and remove the haze and swirling left behind by a cutting compound. After that you can IPA wipe and apply your wax/sealant. Roughness can result from bonded contaminants in the paint, use blue clay to remove prior to polishing.
Could you please share the details of finishing polish, cutting compound, IPA wipe and specific blue clay?

Also, how much likely a detailer would charge for the above treatment? Any reliable one you could recommend?
Old 1st May 2022, 16:52   #11456
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the details of finishing polish, cutting compound, IPA wipe and specific blue clay?

Also, how much likely a detailer would charge for the above treatment? Any reliable one you could recommend?
Sure, for Honda you’ll get a great finish with Menzerna 400 for correction followed by Menzerna 3000/Rupes Uno Pure for finishing. For IPA just type isopropyl alcohol on Amazon and buy a high quality lab grade one. Dilute with RO water (25% IPA, 75% water), that’s your IPA solution. Clay you can get Simoniz, Meguiar’s, etc. plenty of options.

Charges will vary by the brand, and the time they’ll spend on the car. Spot correction should be cheap though. Full paint corrections by a quality shop will range from 10-15k.

In Delhi, try Dazzle Detailing, Ceramic Pro, Detailing Mafia, etc. make sure to inform them you only want a spot correction as some shops only offer full treatments.

Last edited by AJ56 : 1st May 2022 at 16:55.
Old 13th May 2022, 11:43   #11457
BHPian

Cross posting from the Figo Thread. Recently I removed the bumpers, rear right hand side door and right hand side ORVM for some denting work. Realized, there is a lot of dirt that gets accumulated inside where we cannot wash/ clean on regular basis. Do you all remove such parts and get the car cleaned thoroughly once a while?
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img20220513wa0003.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img20220513wa0001.jpg  

Old 26th May 2022, 17:38   #11458
BHPian

Hi guys,
Please help me select a new set of affordable quick detailer and car wash shampoo. Currently I'm using Turtle Wax Carnauba wash and wax, and Ice SnS for washing and protecting my car.

The products I have in my mind are:
Wash: TW max power car wash/ Meguiars Nxt gen car wash
Quick detailer:TW Ice spray wax/ Sonax BSD/ Gyeon Q²M QuickDetailer.

Please do suggest the best products for me around this budget.
Thanks in advance
Old 27th May 2022, 13:07   #11459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josethundiyil99 View Post
Quick detailer:TW Ice spray wax/ Sonax BSD/ Gyeon Q²M QuickDetailer.

Please do suggest the best products for me around this budget.
Thanks in advance
Will highly recommend Sonax BSD. In fact this along with a good shampoo and few microfiber cloths is all you need to maintain your car in top shape.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 12:34   #11460
BHPian

Hi,

I just did a quick detailing job at my backyard on a 9 years old Brio.

Toolkit:
  1. Black & Decker Pressure Washer
  2. Meguiars NXT ph balanced shampoo
  3. Wash mitt & chamois
  4. Meguiars Gold Class Polish
  5. Collinite Marque D’Elegence wax
  6. Rupes DA hand poilisher with ultra fine performance foam pads

Took about 3 hours to complete the job. Posting the results below.

This was the first time I used Collinite Marque D’Elegence and my initial impression is that Collinite 476 super double coat (which I used previously) offers better depth in terms of gloss, will check and post my feedback on the longevity.

Also, I have used Turtlewax Graphene wax as well & both Collinite 486 & MarqueD’Elegence perform better in terms of gloss and longevity.

Posting few images:
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1da7fd2ee4c048c6af135bf36b514353.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-bd8c4d1438f748f096f4ae7fabeb4020.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-a83981f938a14f4a99de5bb00ac4e7ac.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-7ce026085d39457eac3fe45ba41df896.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-66eae8b6875c42ea8d3a114f6fc1d764.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-689fe3ef60444eaf9d5981e8ce319364.jpeg  

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 29th May 2022 at 12:36. Reason: Added details
kapilsharma80 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks