Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 14:47   #3646
Senior - BHPian

Megs, TurtleWax(Many TW products we don't get here) stuff + some other waxes and other great stuff is available at 'Ace Hardware' outlets - ACE

This might help too - evolve.ae • View topic - Meguiars products

I felt it was a lil' expensive there, but that was the sole purpose of my visit to Dubai! lol!(actually my dad had a conference there and when I got to know that we get Megs stuff there, I tagged along! lol!)
Old 18th October 2010, 15:05   #3647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
@sagarpadaki
I've used Turtle Wax Wet'n'Black Aerosol. Glossy finish but durability is like 3 weeks max. And am talking about good clean weather and Chandigarh roads . I've also tried Abel Auto Tyre Dressing, which is more of a dry black finish product. Durability is much more than Turtle and I've noticed it repels water as well!
I tried another option for tyres -
Had a leftover bottle of motomax dashboard polish - emptied it into a empty f1 plastic shiner atomizer, mixed with water - sprayed it on to my tyres and air drum
End result - jet black - medium glossy surfaces.
Durability - more than 2 weeks since, I believe if a touchup is needed it'd be much easier and should hold better than the first coat.

only issue - some of this got on to my wheel caps - and it attracts brake dust like a magnet...
Old 18th October 2010, 17:03   #3648
mkh
Senior - BHPian

A tryst with the Be(a)st of all DA's- Flex

Finally- i could not resist the temptation and especially when Nirmal posted his results, just HAD to get my hands on his DA and run on my car. First of all- THANKS to Nirmal, i could get this experience, which every detailer must in his lifetime!
Sunday morning and we had planned to meet at about 8AM, nirmal was to get all his stuff to my place( what a friend!)
The wait was killing, but finally when he came, the joy of seeing the stuff was something that made the wait, worth it.
We were ready to start and lo and behold, the BESCOM morons decided to play spoil sport! I was disappointed to say the least and was ready to pour out my frustration on them had they lifted my call. We had a cut off time for 11AM and meanwhile we just focussed on the breakfast and other talk, all this while my mind was on- Pleeeease let the power come back
Talk about timing, the power came back on DOT at 11 AM! We were on!
I was just a apprentice for about 30 minutes, observing what to do and how. I had already clayed the car, so we just had to unleash the beast on the swirls!
We put Megs 205 on Orange pads and off we went, swirl hunting.
We did take pics of before we started, especially the boot top panel, where the moron service guys had a party washing my car in the last service, thus giving me ample swirls
We ran two passes and voila, the swirls were gone! To cut a long story short, did the side panels at the rear, the bonnet and the front side panels alongside the bonnet.
Man- the machine runs! Its a tough one and a task to do multiple passes with it. Needed 3 passes over the bonnet, as started to get good at it and knew how to run it over for max results.
By 2:30 hours, i was tired, but happy. Applied Blackfire wet diamond( have done it again today) and the results are mind blowing.
Unfortunately i am someone who has less patience when it comes to taking pics, however i will do my best to find the ones that can reflect the results as closely as possible.
Next attempt will be on the roof, the side doors.
First- pics of swirls- on the boot top panel and the bonnet, next is Nirmals Ammunition- "Dirty Swirls, Here we come!"
Then you can see- Nirmal putting Megs 205, Swirl Attack!
Will post more pics of car post the treatment later, just one pic of a reflection shot of the most treated part- the boot top panel. You can see how many floors does the apartment have literally
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-17102010012.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-17102010020.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-17102010017.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-17102010021.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-17102010028.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-17102010047.jpg  

Last edited by mkh : 18th October 2010 at 17:09.
Old 18th October 2010, 17:11   #3649
BHPian

Gurus,

Need help, last week I used Turtle Platinum Series WAX on my ANHC and I observed some white marks (sought of brush strokes), they won't go even after a wipe with wet/dry cloth.

I could get rid of them only after another layer of WAX coating?

What could be the reason, how to get rid of them completely? What was the mistake in the first place?

> Car was washed
> Car was in shade, I started WAXING only after 4hrs of rest time in parking lot.
Old 18th October 2010, 17:17   #3650
BHPian

mkh - the effects are superb. Good job from Nirmal too.

Just wanted the MF crowd to know. The seller xstatic.concepts is having new MF products on sale on eBay.

eBay India: X-STATIC MICROFIBER : PREMIUM COMBO (item 140462921922 end time 06-Nov-2010 17:07:21 IST)

Also sold individually.

I got the Premium Combo.
Old 18th October 2010, 17:39   #3651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Just wanted the MF crowd to know. The seller xstatic.concepts is having new MF products on sale on eBay.

eBay India: X-STATIC MICROFIBER : PREMIUM COMBO (item 140462921922 end time 06-Nov-2010 17:07:21 IST)
I already have the Jopasu Duster for Dry dusting and enough MFs but wanted to order a Wash Mitt. What is the difference between these two

eBay India: X-STATIC MICROFIBER : WASHING SPONGE (item 140462919605 end time 06-Nov-2010 16:57:58 IST)

and

eBay India: X-STATIC MICROFIBER : WASHING MITT WITH MESH (item 140462919448 end time 06-Nov-2010 16:57:16 IST)

The cheaper sponge doesn't look very promising but I'm uncertain of the other wash mitt too. Anybody else used it? Would it be a wise buy or should I get some other wash mitt?
Old 18th October 2010, 19:18   #3652
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Super awesome job Nirmal Sir! This is like the most fantastic looking red I've ever seen on a Indian car!!

Really-really great work!

When can we see your gleaming black beauty next?

btw couldn't post as I was in Dubai since 14th and internet rates there are colossal!!

Bought some Megs stuff from there!!

Also got a few essentials like simple green apc, a duster etc.
Hey, thanks Sohail for all the compliments, you have been a source of inspiration to us all out here, along with your technical guidance !! Your feedback on the Megs prices in Dubai, are they equally expensive outside the US ?

Am planning on the Beemer correction this weekend, cant wait to see the results !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
Thanx Nirmal Sir , Here comes another short of questions
  1. Suggest a chrome polish , basically wanna do a bullet and chrome/aluminium fins of cylender head are kind of oxidized.
  2. can we use megs last touch as a spray maintainance detailer ??? notorious is trying to import one along with hyperdressing and apc.
Rest Later !!!
Nos007/Notorious ji, sure, keep them coming, always happy to help !

1. Chrome polish - Megs has a good chrome polish, NXt all metal polish. Ive got a tin in my last order but i haven't used it. Its supposed to be quite good.

2. You can use Megs last touch as a spray detailer, that's the use of the product. However the size its sold in is a gallon, which is a large quantity !
Another multipurpose option is Optimum No rinse, which im using currently, it can be diluted & used as clay lube, car wash & spray detailer ! Saves buying multiple products !
APC + is a more versatile product than APC, can be used to clean engine, interior, tires etc. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
You beauty! This is as close to perfection you can get. You efforts have really paid off. I have not applied any Collinite on the wheels, will do so this weekend.

Thanks
Thanks Hiren ! It did take time since this was my first shot with the Flex DA, but it was not so tiring at all ! I guess the proper curing of the sealant layers has made the difference.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:19   #3653
Senior - BHPian

wonderful results mkh/nirmal!
Don't really know when I shall be able to return and take proper care of my car - :(
Old 18th October 2010, 20:43   #3654
BHPian

mkh & Nirmal,

Both the cars look awesome. Mindblowing ! no doubt about this.

Mkh,

The wheel arches & the tyres are not complimenting the rest of car. i think you should take care. This spoils the fun.

Sorry, i think i will be disappointing you, if i say that the swirls are still the same. But the white kind of grains are less after the treatment. But this is my sincere feedback.

I have always been of the opinion the swirls cannot be removed whatsoever !! would you convince me to change this opinion of mine please.

As i have seen abroad, all these detailing stuff is done in an enclosed area where there is absolutely no chance of air and dust coming to the car. This does help that much.

I wouldn't use the Flex DA at any cost in any open area for sure. I would catch up dust and rotate it on the surface of the paint.

Great Effort But !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 18th October 2010 at 20:58.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:13   #3655
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
mkh & Nirmal,

Both the cars look awesome. Mindblowing ! no doubt about this.

Mkh,

The wheel arches & the tyres are not complimenting the rest of car. i think you should take care. This spoils the fun.

Sorry, i think i will be disappointing you, if i say that the swirls are still the same. But the white kind of grains are less after the treatment. But this is my sincere feedback.

I have always been of the opinion the swirls cannot be removed whatsoever !! would you convince me to change this opinion of mine please.

As i have seen abroad, all these detailing stuff is done in an enclosed area where there is absolutely no chance of air and dust coming to the car. This does help that much.

I wouldn't use the Flex DA at any cost in any open area for sure. I would catch up dust and rotate it on the surface of the paint.

Great Effort But !
Nandan- thanks for the feedback.
Putting time on tyres- is a waste, i have done it and just in another 20 minutes drive, it comes back to nothing. Even then, i did not have time for that on that day. I apply tyre gel when i am really nothing much to do.
Swirls are gone- not 100% for sure, but today when the sunlight fell onto the same panels, clearly they could not be seen that much. I saw carefully, the side panels still have imperfections, but of little magnitude.
You maybe right about doing this in a closed place, we have no way that we can avoid dust etc in our conditions. All i am aiming for is a better finish, where we cannot see lines/swirls which are obvious. I have no aim of going for perfection, its no use as per me because the effort comes to nothing in a very short time in india.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:49   #3656
Nos007

@ mkh : Great results , i agree swirls can be back soon but not with same strength and its proved that our cars looks diffrent from rest of the crowd.

@ Nirmal : Thanx but any locally available polish for chrome somebody suggested waxpole cake.
Point noted on ONR , Thank You.

Some stuff whick notorious got yesterday , will lay my hands soon on these
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02243.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02244.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02245.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02246.jpg  

(1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2010, 11:07   #3657
BHPian

is it only me or it's with everbody that when we wax/detail our rides we become more paranoid about driving in dusty conditions and scare that our rides might get dirty
Old 19th October 2010, 11:24   #3658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
is it only me or it's with everbody that when we wax/detail our rides we become more paranoid about driving in dusty conditions and scare that our rides might get dirty
I can assure you that its not just you. Though I haven't even gone the DA way yet my complete driving style has changed and that is after manual wash, polish & wax sessions. I thank my employer that they have underground parking.

As for those putting in so much of money and going the pro-detailing way I can only imagine how it'd be.

All I can tell you is that in my family I've been declared & labelled car crazy!

Last edited by fine69 : 19th October 2010 at 11:25.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:11   #3659
BHPian

We have to park our cars under the sweltering Chennai sun in our office campus
I can only imagine the torture the paint job must be going through on a daily basis. Does waxing the car help protect the paint from the sun?
Old 19th October 2010, 12:36   #3660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
We have to park our cars under the sweltering Chennai sun in our office campus
I can only imagine the torture the paint job must be going through on a daily basis. Does waxing the car help protect the paint from the sun?
I completely understand how you must feel as same was the case with me till a few months back. Waxing definitely protects the paint from the sun and prevents early cracking due to proloned exposure to high temperature but I also think that waxes would get more sticky if exposed to sun (may be I'm wrong) and then more dust would stick to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks