Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 12:15   #3736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
Some answeres from notorious's side :

Thanx sohail , glad you liked it !!!

its a residue of megs 205 , thinking how to remove it. any sugessions ???

it was a protector sticker , its there from last 1.5 years but someone removed it intentionally , foam is very tough to remove as its 3M. its removing on its own slowly.

black parts are dressed 2 weeks ago , a service and dust messes up all. thank god the paint is saved .

bajaj service people washed my bike inspite of telling not to wash it. thank god that i was there and saved my bike , they wash all bikes with nirma washing powder !!!
WHOA!! Now thats a shocker!! No wonder why the paint starts fading early on bikes!!

I too never let the service guys wash my car!(Mine is always much much cleaner than their just washed vehicle! lol)

btw for the residue you can try some liquid fabric soap and water + an old toothbrush! Or If you have a upholstery cleaner that'll remove it right off!

Cant wait to see your Alto's shiny blue paint now!
Old 1st November 2010, 19:19   #3737
mkh
Senior - BHPian

UC Rocks- The story goes on

What do detailing nuts do when there is a long weekend? And especially when their own car is already a show car?
ANS:Find another one!!!
A friends black ikon- a dream for a DA project, was the object of our attempts today.
Tried out SwirlX- hoping against hope that it works, but it did not even make a dent on the heavy swirls that sit on the car(5 years old now)
Took out the heavy artillery- UC and ran a pass. Superb! Ran another pass and Magic happened
It took 4 hours just to cover half the car. UC is a one step solution IMO. Just let the DA run over it again and again, it breaks the compound down and once the surface clears up, stop and inspect. Some parts we needed a second pass also.
I have just put a pic of a section before and after- the results are amazing.
Ford older paints are soft and ideal of a pass of Megs UC. On my city, UC took longer to break down and take effect( harder paint)
Will post pics of the car once all is done too, its a dream project for sure( black and that too heavily swirled!!!)- Better and more pics to come!
Section before a pass with the DA
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-01112010420.jpg

Same section after a pass with UC( 2 passes)
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-01112010424.jpg
Old 1st November 2010, 20:08   #3738
Nos007

Some answeres from notorious's side :

@sohail ; Thanx for tip.

for alto you have to wait because i dont have clay now , it will come in december

@mkh : Sir , detailing center to khol he lo ab

Old 2nd November 2010, 12:31   #3739
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Wet Paint effect

After a while- got to take a pic that gives teh "wet paint" effect of Blackfire Wet Diamond closest to what can be seen with the eye. The panel was treated with 105 and then with SwirlX and then 3-4 layers of Sealant applied.
Though the pic is in low light- this setting captured it closest, with the flash it does not show the shimmer that is coming out. Its amazing , wish could capture it better! ( looks 10 times better in real life)
Just the pics of the side panel, this effect is there on all the panels( whiplash effect at its best )
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-01112010044.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-01112010052.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2010, 16:48   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! that isnt whiplash effect! Its freaking inverted neck break!! lol (sorry mods if I took the term a bit too far! its just to show how eye catching the shine is!)

Seriously, a coat of liquid souveran over it(after that you can again use BFWD for slickness while maintaining the glow of souveran!) will make the paint pop like never before!!

Great work!

btw regarding the ikon, you just did 2 passes with UC and it all cleared up!?(did you feel a need for a final polish?)
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:01   #3741
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

MKH - The results on the Ikon are amazing & your ANHC looks even better than a show car ! The finish is looking wetter, deep & glossy ! The Pinnacle you have will make it even better im sure !

Notorious - Ive never seen such a glowing Pulsar ! Great work !
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:04   #3742
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wow!! that isnt whiplash effect! Its freaking inverted neck break!! lol (sorry mods if I took the term a bit too far! its just to show how eye catching the shine is!)

Seriously, a coat of liquid souveran over it(after that you can again use BFWD for slickness while maintaining the glow of souveran!) will make the paint pop like never before!!

Great work!

btw regarding the ikon, you just did 2 passes with UC and it all cleared up!?(did you feel a need for a final polish?)
Yeah- its all due to Nirmals DA- one that really "flexes" your muscles
Clearly the last pass with SwirlX( after 105, UC on diff panels) made the surface much better to reflect BFWD. The last time there were about 5-6 layers of BFWD but this effect did not come, now with 3 layers, can be seen. Its really a joy to see this in the night light!
Will apply pinnacle when the rains stop here
On the ikon- just did UC, some places 1 round, some places 2passes. Worked on an area slowly and till the compound cleared up( and it takes a while) and moved on. It cleared up easily- no haze, not much to wipe off too. UC has been a joy to work with in terms of the ease by which it clears up in this experience.
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:57   #3743
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For all the Megs lovers out there, yesterday the new & improved products for 2011 were announced !! Most interesting i found were :-

- Megs Ultimate wax
(new synthetic polymer - seems more advanced than NXT 2.0 )

- Megs Ultimate Polish
(follow up to UC)

- Endurance tire dressings
(better endurance derived from Ultimate protectant, itself an awesome product !)

Hope 2011 brings us some good news in the form of Meguiars products being available off the shelf & which we can drive down to the nearest outlet & pick some up !!
Old 4th November 2010, 19:59   #3744
BHPian

hello,

Would some of the Chennai folk point out where and what to get locally?

I would like to start out with manual polish/wax and later move to more professional machine based polishers

If i got it right
I should get a shampoo, some Mf cloth, duster, some type of polish, and a wax/sealant type right?

What out of these will be available locally?

Thanks!
Old 5th November 2010, 15:35   #3745
Senior - BHPian

BHPians, it's been a long journey manually buffing the car and time has come for me to source a Polisher/ Buffer. I've read much about DA's on TBHP, never seen one though. I shall be sourcing the Polisher from Canada and request your help to zero down on one.

I'm looking for a DA just because my thinking says that it's far safer and better than a conventional buffer. The DA's I'm aware of are Flex 3401 (what Nirmal has), Megs DA (Notorious has it, I shall be using it this Weekend), DeWalt (Sohail's, I'm not sure whether it's a DA or not) etc.

People, what are the other options before me and which one should I go for? Please also suggest on the pads.

Thanks!
Old 5th November 2010, 19:55   #3746
Senior - BHPian

DeWalt DW443(the one I have) is a dual action polisher!

Detailing legend Kevin Brown uses it and recommends it too!! + I've got really fantastic results with it!

I cant ask for more.(but then I have a rotary polisher as well for restoring some heavily neglected finishes as well as re finishing re-painted panels)

Check out my thread here - Bought a DeWALT DW443 Dual Action Sander/Polisher! Help... - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Another thread - Dewalt 443 and Meguiars pads - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
Old 8th November 2010, 01:51   #3747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
BHPians, it's been a long journey manually buffing the car and time has come for me to source a Polisher/ Buffer. I've read much about DA's on TBHP, never seen one though. I shall be sourcing the Polisher from Canada and request your help to zero down on one.

I'm looking for a DA just because my thinking says that it's far safer and better than a conventional buffer. The DA's I'm aware of are Flex 3401 (what Nirmal has), Megs DA (Notorious has it, I shall be using it this Weekend), DeWalt (Sohail's, I'm not sure whether it's a DA or not) etc.

People, what are the other options before me and which one should I go for? Please also suggest on the pads.

Thanks!
To add to my response to your PM the DeWalt that Sohail has is also a good unit. He procured it locally I believe. I see that both of you are in Delhi. You can certainly get it with his help.
Rgds
Old 8th November 2010, 20:29   #3748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
To add to my response to your PM the DeWalt that Sohail has is also a good unit. He procured it locally I believe. I see that both of you are in Delhi. You can certainly get it with his help.
Rgds
Thanks a lot Garipagol, DeWalt is very well on my mind primarily due to the fact that it comes with Official Warranty. In case I go for this, I hope the stock backing plate will be fine to be used with the pads? Also advise me on the Pads to be ordered.

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:09   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Thanks a lot Garipagol, DeWalt is very well on my mind primarily due to the fact that it comes with Official Warranty. In case I go for this, I hope the stock backing plate will be fine to be used with the pads? Also advise me on the Pads to be ordered.

Thanks.
Use my post here to see if the Indian Flex dealers can help !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2056430

For the pads you will need to know the size of the backing plate. For a 6" plate you should not go below 6.5" pads. Also, note that you are better off not interchanging pads across products / application.

Following the color code of the LC pads, if you are getting a six pack then my advice will be to get two orange (for correction/ swirls) and four grey (the grey is good for both applying finishing polish and sealant). I guess this will be the most often used pad. You should be OK with this set.

If you are getting 2 six packs (like I did) you must get the above set and get White, Blue & Red - two each.

For waxing you will have to use hand application (which is recommended) or you could get the red pads. Alternately you could also try out the MF bonnets over a grey pad. I have not tried the bonnet but I have some in the pipeline (only when I feel lazy!).

Remember that pads are consumables and the Velco will weaken with use. Buying individual pads can be expensive, however if you have easy access then do not go over board with stocking up. Hope this helps.

Rgds
Old 9th November 2010, 20:01   #3750
BHPian

Is this the water beads after a wax ?

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-30102010.jpg

Rain effect after a simple wax polishing over the week end with waxpol scooter polish wax Rs 35 one with some cotton waste

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks