Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2011, 09:36   #4411
Senior - BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Vaibzi/Amitoj - I would not recommend the megs QD, A much more economical & value for money product to Meguiars quik detailer would be Optimum No rinse - it can be diluted to form a quik detailer, a rinseless car wash, a clay lube too ! Its easily available now in Blore too.

One bottle of the Megs QD would last for around 5 quick detailing sessions.
45 ml of ONR diluted in 500 ml of water would do the same for a much lesser cost & same end result !
Ohkay.
Now here is the question that will really really reeeallly help me tons!!

Is there one place in Bangalore where I can get:
1. Optimum No Rinse
2. Clay bar/kit
3. Meguiars Ultimate Compound Or Polish Or their equivalent.
4. Meguiars SwirlX or its equivalent
5. Good set of microfiber cloth, applicators, wash mitts.

Thanks a ton Nirmal, Mohsin!

Amitoj
Old 24th April 2011, 10:08   #4412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Vaibzi/Amitoj - I would not recommend the megs QD, A much more economical & value for money product to Meguiars quik detailer would be Optimum No rinse - it can be diluted to form a quik detailer, a rinseless car wash, a clay lube too ! Its easily available now in Blore too.

One bottle of the Megs QD would last for around 5 quick detailing sessions.
45 ml of ONR diluted in 500 ml of water would do the same for a much lesser cost & same end result !

Hi Nirmal , One query optimum product literature mentions 8 oz per gallon dilution for QD. i.e be 1:16 ( one gallon = 128 oz ) . Therfore it would be 31.25 ml per 500 ml . Any reason for using still higher concentration ( 45 ml per 500ml ) .
I hope my calculations are correct or maybe I am missing something.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:55   #4413
BHPian

On the same line plz someone give out pointers to shops in MUMBAI where I can purchase good wax,wash products specially brands like Turtle wax,Meguiars and 3M.
I enquired at a few car accessory shops they seem to stock only Formula 1 products which I already posses..
Old 24th April 2011, 12:31   #4414
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dr. Gagan - The reason why am adding slightly higher concentration of ONR is to make it a little bit more slick, so that the surface gets lubed well to raise all the dust & other contaminants off the surface.

30ml was good, but after trying both combinations, i find 45 ml works better for our conditions

Old 24th April 2011, 12:46   #4415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Ohkay.

1. Optimum No Rinse
2. Clay bar/kit

Amitoj
In addition to above, here are a couple of problems with my 11 year old car.
1. At some places on the roof, there are small spots where the pain has just vanished. Here are a couple of pics of such occurrences:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_6625.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_6631.jpg

2. There are some light scratches, again on the roof:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_6629.jpg

3. And then there is this long somewhat deep scratch along the driver side door.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_6633.jpg

Will using Meg's Ultimate Compound followed by SwirlX and then Polish help get rid of these?
If not, then what else? Paint tubes?

Thanks!
Amitoj
Old 24th April 2011, 18:58   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Ohkay.

1. Optimum No Rinse - automall
2. Clay bar/kit - automall is selling it from 1st week of may(info from their website)
5. Good set of microfiber cloth, applicators, wash mitts. - You will get this from almost all shell shops. The brand they're selling is xstatic.concepts. The wash mitt is pretty good. But the mf cloth is horrible to say the least, not recommended to buy!

Points 3 & 4 - I also have no idea :(
Just read here on the forum that ultimate detailerz stocks all these products.
Quote:
Will using Meg's Ultimate Compound followed by SwirlX and then Polish help get rid of these?
My reply in bold.

(gurus, please correct me if I'm wrong here. Thanks)
The process you mentioned works on light and not-so-deep scratches. If the scratches are deep, you should first fill up that scratch using a small paint brush and then try to correct it. I tried quixx scratch remover(which apparently is the best) on a few scratches, it managed to lighten deep scratches, but removed the light scratches! My car gets vandalized a lot when parked in college .
vaibzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 23:40   #4417
BANNED

Quote:
Ohkay.

1. Optimum No Rinse
2. Clay bar/kit

Amitoj
Dear Amitoj & Vaibzi,
I met Mohsin today and picked up ONR , Spray bottles and 3M blue microfiber cloth.I would suggest that you contact them and see what all they can arrange for you. Be sure that they will give you stuff which is geniuine and works as intended in short peace of mind. In addition you will also meet a fellow bhpian.
Cheers,
Gagan
Old 26th April 2011, 17:21   #4418
BHPian

I got the following reply from another Flex dealer at Bangalore.

Thank you for your enquiry
As per your requirement, please find below the prices for Flex XC 3401 VRG power tool[/FONT]
1. XC3401 VRG - Rs.20,800/-
2. XC 3401VRG (set) - Rs24,900/
We are looking for your prompt reply

Thanks and Best Regards,
Yashaswini
Manegrial Dept.,
Nagswamy Associates
Address:
286, 36th Cross, 2nd Main,
7th Block, Jayanagar.
Bangalore - 560 082
Tel No.: +91 80 26632641 / 26648794 / 26630384
Dir No.: + 91 80 26633841
Fax No.: + 91 80 26633630
nagaswamyco@gmail.com

Last edited by sudipta : 26th April 2011 at 17:30.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:16   #4419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gagan View Post
Dear Amitoj & Vaibzi,
I met Mohsin today and picked up ONR , Spray bottles and 3M blue microfiber cloth.I would suggest that you contact them and see what all they can arrange for you. Be sure that they will give you stuff which is geniuine and works as intended in short peace of mind. In addition you will also meet a fellow bhpian.
Cheers,
Gagan
Yes Gagan.
Mohsin put me in touch with Nirmal (since both he and i work out of Manyata) and i got myself an applicator, a wash mitt, ONR, spray bottle and a small amount of Megs Ultra Cut to test.
Old 26th April 2011, 22:08   #4420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Gagan.
Mohsin put me in touch with Nirmal (since both he and i work out of Manyata) and i got myself an applicator, a wash mitt, ONR, spray bottle and a small amount of Megs Ultra Cut to test.
hey amitoj,can you please put up the pic of the applicator and spray bottle you got from them?
Old 27th April 2011, 11:14   #4421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
hey amitoj,can you please put up the pic of the applicator and spray bottle you got from them?

Yes - I'm on the lookout for a good spray bottle too.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:03   #4422
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gagan View Post
Dear Amitoj & Vaibzi,
Cheers,
Gagan
Ditto- i cannot tell you how frustrated i was with the spray bottles i got from Big Bazaar and MK Retail
Some stupid chinese makes costing me 50-90rs and used to break. I use a few at home also to clean gas stove, glass etc.
Once i got these from mkh, it was a breeze to use them now. They are unbreakable apparently and very durable. I will post a few pics maybe today, but at 100 rs its a STEAL i feel. My detailing life and home cleaning life is much much easier now
Did you see the shiny ANHC? Man talk about being genuine, the car is live testimony that what they do is PROPER and genuine!
Old 27th April 2011, 17:02   #4423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Vaibzi, they dont sell any 3M products but i believe they do stock some Meguiars products, since 3M acquired Meguiars.
There is a thread here somewhere about the 3M showroom in Bangalore (search for Bommanahalli) and one of the posts in it had a photo of the showroom's interiors that showed some Meg products for sale. I think i atleast saw the QD there.
I will probably give them a call first, before going there.

Cheers
Amitoj.
I went to the 3M showroom around 2 weeks back. They did have few Mag products but were very few and quick detailer was not there (mostly they had some wax and polish I think). I might be going there again while on the way back from office as I want to get one extra micro for cleaning the glass. You can give me a buzz or better I'll call you once I'm there. This place is actually at HSR Layout and pretty easy to find.

But I got ONR, wash mitt and spray bottle already from Mohsin and planning to use them today. Already prepared a 500ml of Quick Detailer using the ONR, now just waiting to use it once I get back home.
Old 28th April 2011, 21:57   #4424
Senior - BHPian

Friends tomorrow I want to give my VW Vento TDi Black(Pearl Effect) a superb polish. I wanted to know I have Formula I carnauba wax(Liquid), will it do the job. On the bottle of it, it was written not be used on flat black surface what does that means.
Is there anything better out there which is better compared to Formula 1 carnauba wax(Liquid). Can Formula 1 carnauba wax be used on plastic bumpers of Vento. I have Waxpol liquid for plastic and vinyl surface should I use it instead of Formula 1 carnauba wax, please advice. And is there other polish which better for plastic bumpers of the car.
And which polish would you all recommend for interior plastic parts of Vento, please advice. Which polish would be recommended for tyres to give them the look as if the car has just arrived from the showroom. I stay at Vashi, Navi Mumbai, if any BHPian could recommend any product and the place from where I could purchase the same.
Old 28th April 2011, 22:47   #4425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Friends tomorrow I want to give my VW Vento TDi Black(Pearl Effect) a superb polish. I wanted to know I have Formula I carnauba wax(Liquid), will it do the job. On the bottle of it, it was written not be used on flat black surface what does that means.
Is there anything better out there which is better compared to Formula 1 carnauba wax(Liquid). Can Formula 1 carnauba wax be used on plastic bumpers of Vento. I have Waxpol liquid for plastic and vinyl surface should I use it instead of Formula 1 carnauba wax, please advice. And is there other polish which better for plastic bumpers of the car.
And which polish would you all recommend for interior plastic parts of Vento, please advice. Which polish would be recommended for tyres to give them the look as if the car has just arrived from the showroom. I stay at Vashi, Navi Mumbai, if any BHPian could recommend any product and the place from where I could purchase the same.
As far as polishing the cars plastic bumpers are concerned I have used the Formula 1 Shine it All Liquid polish.Its really nice and doesnt leave any kind of residues on the plastic parts.I purchased it from ebay for Rs.500.

Please donot use the Formula 1 or waxpol wax on plastic parts as they wil leave a white hard residue once the wax dries apart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks