Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 00:55   #4441
BANNED

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
@ Twister
Great work and see that delhi too has someone offering this now on the lines of Ultimate Detailerz in bangalore! However i think there is a policy not to post commercial stuff, i think this post needs to be moved to the directory thread. Mods are sure to action so be careful man.

Thanks a lot. i know there is this policy on the forum, thats why i am not mentioning the name of my company or any contact details. I am just trying to be a part of this forum. I do not intend to use this platform as an advertising media. it is purely to share the experience with other members. I hope the moderators are ok with me sharing pictures of my work like many others do here.
Old 10th May 2011, 02:46   #4442
Distinguished - BHPian

twister... suggest you check out the rules, as I think there is one that says that members of associated trades have to declare, and that there is a thread for it. I don't know for sure: check it out! Obviously you have every intention of being a good member
Old 10th May 2011, 14:30   #4443
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used Turtle wax Platinum car wax?
At Rs 450 for a large bottle this stuff seems good. I got the last bottle of this from reliance Auto.
Old 10th May 2011, 15:15   #4444
Senior - BHPian

Its a hybrid cleaner wax (contains carnauba, polymers and cleaners) (kinda like an AIO product)

I stopped using it looong back because of the chalky residue that it used to leave after drying on the paint and while removal, that powdery stuff used to get in every nook and cranny and crevices. It had become a pain because the post waxing cleanup had to be so extensive!!

Now that I think about it, I feel it might've been because of user error!! I might give it a try again, this time with a DA polisher.

The 945 that you have is way awesomer and user friendly product!

If you're looking for a cleaner wax, Meguiars ColorX is amazing!
Old 15th May 2011, 16:49   #4445
BHPian

Re: ONR Vs Ultima Waterless Wash +

Last few times i used ONR, was great on the surface.

Today i tried UWW+.

Ease of use - UWW+ was easy with MF. With ONR the MF used to stick to the surface but with UWW+ it glides easily.

Cleaning - This is where every body is interested. Here in my experience the ONR wins. The rain-water spots were cleaned in 1-2 passes with ONR but not so with UWW+.

Hi Nirmal - Did you try UWW+ ?
Old 16th May 2011, 17:30   #4446
Senior - BHPian

Interior Quick Detailer

I have been using the Megs Interior Detailer for past 2-3 months and found it to be very useful in this dusty bangalore. Very easy to use and clean. But felt little costly to use it on daily basis. So Any suggestions on any other products you use.
I do not use much of AC and would like windows to be opened most of the time and the interiors get dirty because of it very fast. So something which i can use it daily like the ONR(absolute VFM Product). Any suggestions !!

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-quik-interior-detailer.jpeg
Pic source: We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store
Old 16th May 2011, 19:46   #4447
Senior - BHPian

^You can use ONR for interior wipedowns too!!

I use ONR in quick detailer dilution for all interiors all the time before dressing them!

Works great!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 20:02   #4448
Senior - BHPian

Awesome @sohail. Thanks for the info. Hats off to ONR, wonderful product.
Old 16th May 2011, 20:09   #4449
Senior - BHPian

Its amazing!!! I use it even for engine cleaning(mine gets cleaned often and isnt that dusty), alloys, tire sidewalls(before redressing them).

Truly a must have all round product!
Old 17th May 2011, 08:33   #4450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I use it even for engine cleaning(mine gets cleaned often and isnt that dusty), alloys, tire sidewalls(before redressing them).
One more addition to the list of things you can do with ONR. You mean to tell it is safe on all the plastics/rubber in the engine bay ? Wonderful, so my weekend is fixed with this agenda, time to clean the engine bay.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:57   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Its safe on everything!!

Just make sure that the engine isn't hot and cover up the alternator and ECU with a foil or plastic bag.

After cleaning, dress the plastics, pipes, hoses and wires with 303AP
Old 17th May 2011, 10:27   #4452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gagan View Post
Dear Amitoj & Vaibzi,
I met Mohsin today and picked up ONR , Spray bottles and 3M blue microfiber cloth.I would suggest that you contact them and see what all they can arrange for you. Be sure that they will give you stuff which is geniuine and works as intended in short peace of mind. In addition you will also meet a fellow bhpian.
Cheers,
Gagan

Can somebody from Hyderabad give pointers on the store/shop where this ONR(genuine) is available... I am sure Minister's Road will have this but I seriously doubt the authenticity of the product which would be available there. Let me know if anybody has purchased it in Hyderabad and vouch for the genuineness.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th May 2011 at 10:31. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid direct Copy Paste from external font editors, do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 10:47   #4453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Can somebody from Hyderabad give pointers on the store/shop where this ONR(genuine) is available... I am sure Minister's Road will have this but I seriously doubt the authenticity of the product which would be available there. Let me know if anybody has purchased it in Hyderabad and vouch for the genuineness.
These Guys @ Minister's Road don't know anything about ONR.

I got it from ebay @600, now it's available for 500

eBay India: Optimum No Rinse
Old 17th May 2011, 11:31   #4454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
You can check with Auto Mall Auto-Mall.in - Home , they are India Distributor for optimum Distributers. you could buy online from ebay from them.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 11:40   #4455
Senior - BHPian

Used Collinite 845 (from auto-mall.in) and the result was awesome on a black Vento. They have run out of 915. Liked the owner Sham who offered something for free just for not updating on 915's availability on their website Nice prompt guy.

Now what can or cant be used to wash the car. I dont want some detergent to remove the wax layer.

Last edited by srishiva : 17th May 2011 at 11:41.

Most Viewed