Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 10:22   #4681
BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Many thanks, Avon.

1. Somehow, I did not get the links in your post.

2. And you know - there is always a first time . So, want to start it regularly. I don't know why the dirt marks are not going. I am due for servicing shortly, so hopefully those will get sorted out.

3. I hope kerosene is safe for the paint...the dirt marks did not go away with the shampoo. so do you suggest trying kerosene?
1. I didn't post, as its already present in this thread, so thought you knew ...

2. Adi - Please don't get me wrong, my intention was not to discourage
you. You can get most of the products from this - Auto-Mall.in - Home
Once the car is coated with sealant/wax etc this will help protect the car paint from the stubborn dirt spots to great extent.
* Not associated with this organization in any way, ebay search will show their name
** There are many products listed, cannot comment for all, only can say collinite845, Mothers Clay Bar, Sonax windscreen washer/Armorall glass cleaner and few other Meguiars products are very good as per my own experience

3. Yes I have used, to Tar spots only at the bottom of the car (below the door area) and NOT to any other places, say bonnet, door, bumper.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 9th August 2011 at 10:29. Reason: edit
Old 9th August 2011, 10:46   #4682
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for your replies.
I am gonna order ONR soon and will let you know the results.

Just a small confusion - once you wax and apply sealant, then should you wax the car again after a interval of say 1 month or so?
I was of the impression that waxing is required often - say, once in a month or two while sealant is required much less frequently, say, once a year or so. Is that correct?
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 10:58   #4683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Just a small confusion - once you wax and apply sealant, then should you wax the car again after a interval of say 1 month or so?
I was of the impression that waxing is required often - say, once in a month or two while sealant is required much less frequently, say, once a year or so. Is that correct?

Wax and sealent are one and same based on their functionality.Wax contains natural components like caranuba wax whereas sealent is fully synthetic product made up of polymers.Typically sealent lasts tad longer than wax because the polymers have better binding ability to the paint surface.

So wax your car every month-sealent or wax doesent matter- to give it long lasting protection

@Adimicra.

Collinite 845,Turtle wax,formula one or for that matter anything that mentions "caranuba" on the box is a wax.The BEST you get hold of in India is Collinite.Its unbeatable for its shine and durablity.

Wolfgang,meguiars NXT,Blackfire wet diamond etc are sealents.May contain traces of caranuba.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 9th August 2011 at 11:12.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 11:04   #4684
BHPian

Quote:

depends on many factors, where the car is parked, which wax is used, how it is waxed. but c845 will easily last more than a month.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 9th August 2011 at 11:06.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:08   #4685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
depends on many factors, where the car is parked, which wax is used, how it is waxed. but c845 will easily last more than a month.

I agree.But these conditions you mentioned are not always constant.So to be on safer side waxing once a month is good.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:32   #4686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I maintained my Innova well, but some zealous fellow brutally scratched my love. Kindly suggest best way other then full paint option. Rubbing doesn't help. See yourself and help guys. I can't cry looking at this any more. And suggest how to get hold of such people who does such things in dark just to tease people.

Sam,
Sorry about your car, Such people need to have their hands chopped off
I know rubbing wont help much but there is no harm in trying. With a strong rubbing compound you can hide the marks a little bit.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:07   #4687
Senior - BHPian

Automall.in does not have some of the products they show in their site in Ebay. Is there any other site that sell Collinite products. Trying to get hold of the Collinite 476S
Old 9th August 2011, 12:10   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Automall.in does not have some of the products they show in their site in Ebay. Is there any other site that sell Collinite products. Trying to get hold of the Collinite 476S

Check the site:
BB Impex (P) Ltd. India, Collinite No. 476s Wax

Drop an email to Sanjay, he will let you know the rest of the procedures.
He is trustable guy, I have ordered my stuff 3-4 times from him with no issues.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 9th August 2011 at 12:22.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 12:11   #4689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
You could try these guys.
Get in touch with sanjay@bringingbest.com
BB Impex (P) Ltd. India, Collinite No. 476s Wax

I just ordered the 845 from them. Waiting for it to be shipped.
Captain Slow is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 14:04   #4690
BHPian

Quote:
I maintained my Innova well, but some zealous fellow brutally scratched my love. Kindly suggest best way other then full paint option. Rubbing doesn't help. See yourself and help guys. I can't cry looking at this any more. And suggest how to get hold of such people who does such things in dark just to tease people.
very sad to see that scratch, But nothing wrong in giving a try on good rubbing.

One blind suggestion, just move your finger nail over the scratches, the places where you don't feel the scratch on moving your nail can be easily removed by rubbing, But the places where you feel the scratch cannot be removed but it can be reduced visibly to some extent.

I did removed some scratches like this in my Linea by rubbing . But go to a experienced denter/painter. he should be very careful and experienced in removing such scratches by rubbing. if something goes wrong are a new guy is trying it out, there is a possibility of the layer getting pealed off.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:42   #4691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I just ordered the 845 from them. Waiting for it to be shipped.
Previously you were using Collinite 915, changed over to 845?

Another help needed, I need to purchase ONR, friends do you all know a shop which stocks it in Mumbai. I searched in Sec-17 Vashi, Navi Mumbai, no one has it, just pathetic. I need to purchase it before Saturday, as I want to spend the long weekend working on my ride and to go for a long drive.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:40   #4692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
very sad to see that scratch, But nothing wrong in giving a try on good rubbing.
Thanks but I posted pics here after visiting couple of experience painter in my area and none off them able to clear it. I saw they tried 3M rubbing compund too.

My view on that, Can I put some clay (putty) on these lines only and then try some touch up with brush on that only. As I tried paint touch up with brush but can see gap. So I want to remove that gap first with clay and then some touch up. what do you say.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:59   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks but I posted pics here after visiting couple of experience painter in my area and none off them able to clear it. I saw they tried 3M rubbing compund too.

My view on that, Can I put some clay (putty) on these lines only and then try some touch up with brush on that only. As I tried paint touch up with brush but can see gap. So I want to remove that gap first with clay and then some touch up. what do you say.
IMO, dont try any putty works, it will still spoil the originality. As you had already checked with some painters and they cant help, It is better to get it painted from Authorized Service station or a reliable paint station. so that they match the color perfectly.

Last edited by BulZire : 9th August 2011 at 19:11.
Old 9th August 2011, 19:05   #4694
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @quadra..
Some of the dirt is really embedded in the surface... and I don't know what it will take to remove those.
I am thinking to try the ONR...seems very impressive...hopefully it will work but the Formula1 stuff was totally useless. Waste of money!
If you can post some closeup shots of the paint, fellow members can guide you exactly on how to fix that.

ONR is expensive but if you can contact Team UD in blr, they might help you out. Someone going to or coming from HYD can pick it up. Your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am curious to know how you have cleaned the MF after it picked up such a lot of dirt.
When I used my MF for cleaning my windshield, the MF got so dirty that I had to give it for washing. Could not proceed to clean the rest of the car since I did not have another MF with me at the time.
Note however, I was using plain water and MF and my windshield was not very bad.
The lesson i learnt is that you ideally should have different MF for glass & body. Next time, i will start from roof (least dirty), then half doors & lastly the door & bumper bottom. Lets see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gagan View Post
Hi , I have used genteal / ezee liquid detergent to clean MF's and it was an easy job. On reco of Nirmal ( UD ) i started using AMWay SA8 liquid detergent. I found both to be equally good . SA8 is more expensive compared to genteal or ezee. You should soak dirty Mf for 10 min or more cleaning it after that is a breeze.
How i cleaned the MF is, soak the MF in lukewarm water + 1/2 cup of surf excel for 1/2 hours. Then using RIN bar, scrubbed it twice. Then machine washed it (with surf excel) followed by spin dry & voila. Will post the results soon.
Old 9th August 2011, 23:58   #4695
BHPian

Is there any place in Delhi where we can get a grit guard?

Most Viewed