Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 18:32   #5566
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Hyper-VTEC try 3M store, they did mostly stock most of Megs products. Megs Natural Shine is good for interior trim. For tyres I would suggest Megs Endurance Tire Spray. For some reasons Megs India website wasn't opening up, so link to Meg USA, but the product is listed in Megs India website.
Will do that this week. The 3M store is near to my office. Will try and check if they have both of these or atleast anyone.
Old 17th March 2012, 19:06   #5567
BHPian

Quote:
If you did want that perfect finish, I would suggest you to wait till ScratchX arrives. It will be able to take care of those scratches, swirls & hard water marks. Otherwise polishing and waxing wont help much.
Isn't the clay bar supposed to attack those marks? I will try some of these things tomorrow to a small portion of the car to see how it goes. ScratchX will take another 20 days at least, and a workshop visit is due sooner. So I want try the other stuff before going to the shop. Spoke to a person at Meguiar's who said that without a machine, removing swirl marks is impossible.

I discovered today that there are MANY hard water stains inside the car, some of which seem to be removable, while others are stubborn. It seems the workshop in Kanpur is not using a hard water treatment plant. Isn't it compulsory for them to treat water used at the premises? It's not really that expensive (certainly almost zero cost for a workshop/dealership!) these days.

How do you remove mild scratches which look a lot like claw marks if you don't have ScratchX or SwirlX?

Another reason to have a car cover...

Last edited by darthvader : 17th March 2012 at 19:07.
Old 17th March 2012, 20:07   #5568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
Isn't the clay bar supposed to attack those marks? I will try some of these things tomorrow to a small portion of the car to see how it goes. ScratchX will take another 20 days at least, and a workshop visit is due sooner. So I want try the other stuff before going to the shop. Spoke to a person at Meguiar's who said that without a machine, removing swirl marks is impossible.
Clay bar should help with contaminants which cannot be removed by shampooing and makes the surface smooth. I haven't used clay bar to remove hard water marks, so cannot comment on it.
Yeah removing swirls by hand is difficult but not impossible. I did be trying it with SwirlX in coming months, so would be better position to reply. Incidently Megs DA costs roughly Rs. 14K and pads additional 1.5K which surely is out of my reach, till then elbow grease is the way.

Quote:
I discovered today that there are MANY hard water stains inside the car, some of which seem to be removable, while others are stubborn. It seems the workshop in Kanpur is not using a hard water treatment plant. Isn't it compulsory for them to treat water used at the premises? It's not really that expensive (certainly almost zero cost for a workshop/dealership!) these days.
One thing I can be certain that the watermarks can be removed by clay bar followed by ScratchX without any problem. Just clay bar may not be able to make the cut.
With the chalta hai attitude in U.P. we cannot expect 100% distilled water car wash for our cars. Electricity is not there continuously, so filtering it via RO would be a difficult job and maintaining it altogether different story.
In Navi Mumbai we don't have hard water, so no problems during car wash at workshops.

Quote:
How do you remove mild scratches which look a lot like claw marks if you don't have ScratchX or SwirlX?

I cannot remove any scratches without SwirlX, it's my first remedy for any scratch that my car encounters. ScratchX would be even better. Removing scratch without these rubbing compound would be impossible. Everytime I use SwirlX it surprises me with results.
Get a Tyvek cover, the best for your Cruze.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 17th March 2012 at 20:30.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 20:07   #5569
BHPian

Quote:

Clay does not remove marks. They are to remove the foreign particles that stick to the paint like brake dust, metal or tar chips and are not removable by car wash/shampoo.

That's contracdictory statement given by meguiars people Read this - How To Remove Swirls By Hand
Old 19th March 2012, 10:09   #5570
BHPian

Dear all,
Stumbled upon this:

Welcome To www.exppresscarwash.in

Any opinions?

Seemingly this company has several car care options.

Good day.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:18   #5571
BHPian

Hello!

Need to get some external body "foam wash" and internal vacuuming for my Honda City AT. Any place that you recommend in east Bangalore? Near to Whitefield, old airport road, old madras road or Indiranagar?

Thanks,
Sary
Old 19th March 2012, 19:57   #5572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Need to get some external body "foam wash" and internal vacuuming for my Honda City AT. Any place that you recommend in east Bangalore? Near to Whitefield, old airport road, old madras road or Indiranagar?
Well I'm not much aware of Banglore, but I did suggest 3M Car Care at HSR Layout. GMap Link.
They are professional and would do a proper foam wash for your City plus interior detailing.
Old 19th March 2012, 20:32   #5573
Distinguished - BHPian

Aaaaagh! Chewing gum on the bonnet of my lovely blue Polo

I tried to pick up as much of it as I could at one grab with a paper towel, but a few tentacles fell and spread the mess. Might have been more sensible to wait until it was cold. I never had this problem before.

Started out with Quick Detailer, but it didn't have much impression. working with paper towel (which I would not normally apply to paintwork, and finger nails, got it down to a nasty smear, and was wondering what to do, when a brain cell erupted and out popped "WD40!" I don't know if it was memory or imagination; suspect I heard it somewhere. It worked really well.

Worst thing was thinking that what I was getting under my finger nail had been in someone's mouth. Like smelling someone's ....Whoa! I'd better not go there

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 19th March 2012 at 20:35.
Old 19th March 2012, 22:19   #5574
BHPian

Received Mothers Clay Bar system on 3 working days flat. Good work @ Auto-Mall. Still waiting on Collinite and Klasse kit and Megs ScratchX.

I can hardly wait.
Old 19th March 2012, 23:25   #5575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Received Mothers Clay Bar system on 3 working days flat. Good work @ Auto-Mall. Still waiting on Collinite and Klasse kit and Megs ScratchX.

I can hardly wait.
I went to auto mall's godown (godown is a joke ) and picked up a clay bar and a few other things. bargained on the price plus he threw in a free microfiber towel. Why order online and wait 3 days?

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-mothers.jpg

I saw scratchx being sold at throttle, jayanagar. you can pick it up from there if you cannot wait.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 19th March 2012 at 23:30.
Old 20th March 2012, 00:47   #5576
BHPian

Hi guys, Has anyone used this wax-

Collinite Marque D'Elegance No. 915 -Limited Production | eBay

Is it worth the mentioned price?
Old 20th March 2012, 09:18   #5577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post

Have PMed you regarding this, hope it helps
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 12:03   #5578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap

I've been using it on my white car. Gives a very good, deep shine. However only comparison I could personally make was with Formula 1 which doesn't come anywhere close to 915.

Also quantity consumed is lower as 915 is a hard wax and not a viscous paste like Formula 1.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 12:32   #5579
BHPian

Quote:
Well I'm not much aware of Banglore, but I did suggest 3M Car Care at HSR Layout. GMap Link.
They are professional and would do a proper foam wash for your City plus interior detailing.
Thanks el lobo; have heard good reviews about the 3M car care at HSR, howerver its a bit too far from my place. Will try them at leisure on some weekend.
Old 20th March 2012, 14:04   #5580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post

I use it for waxing my pearl black Vento. 915 suits better for dark colored cars and if you have a light colored car go for Collinite 845, you wont be disappointed.
915 applies in a very thin layer and gives a very wet gloss finish. Do a double coat and car looks awesome in black. If VFM is priority try 845 else you have the cash go with 915, the best shine and it smells too good while waxing, added advantage over 845.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks