Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 22:16   #6211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Not really, budget is 8k max, my present order is $137 so will buy the Klasse brothers next time I guess.

I'm not sure if I should avail this or use free local shipping option. Did you pay anything for shipping within US ?

Clay bar,UC,Ultimate quik detailer,endurance spray,masking tape combo and ultimate protectant spray. The most expensive items are BF sealant and Cobra guzzler combo, both come to $68 nearly half value of my order! I'm thinking if the cobra guzzlers are worth the cash

No i did not pay anything for shipping.My order was aove 100$ so shipping came free.Yours should not be a problem too.I would suggest you drop Ultimate quik detailer,endurance spray,masking tape,Ultimate protectant because these wont last for long on the car.Especially when you can use ONR for quik detailer .Ultimate protectant ,tire gel wont last long in indian conditions.If you park your car in that Gayatri hospital road, all the spray effect will be gone in just an hour LOL. Just kidding. And morover you can get the protectant here in 3M car care centres.

Blackfire brothers are worth the buy. But i guess once you get a taste of blackfire you will never go back to anything lower.(Klasse et al)
Old 11th September 2012, 00:44   #6212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
No i did not pay anything for shipping.My order was aove 100$ so shipping came free.Yours should not be a problem too.I would suggest you drop Ultimate quik detailer,endurance spray,masking tape,Ultimate protectant because these wont last for long on the car.Especially when you can use ONR for quik detailer .Ultimate protectant ,tire gel wont last long in indian conditions.If you park your car in that Gayatri hospital road, all the spray effect will be gone in just an hour LOL. Just kidding. And morover you can get the protectant here in 3M car care centres.
Good I put up the entire cart here ! The reason i ordered quik detailer was i heard it helps get rid of tar spots better,tyre spray was to maintain that matte effect I love ,masking tape was just pure laziness

Polo has el cheapo plastic on the B pillar and mud flaps which become grey if not taken care of well. What alternate can i pick ?

Quote:
Blackfire brothers are worth the buy. But i guess once you get a taste of blackfire you will never go back to anything lower.(Klasse et al)
So your saying BF combo is the best ? Klasse says paint is protected till upto 12 months. That got me interested

What do you think of the Cobra guzzlers? Worth the cash
Old 11th September 2012, 08:30   #6213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good I put up the entire cart here ! The reason i ordered quik detailer was i heard it helps get rid of tar spots better,tyre spray was to maintain that matte effect I love ,masking tape was just pure laziness

Polo has el cheapo plastic on the B pillar and mud flaps which become grey if not taken care of well. What alternate can i pick ?

So your saying BF combo is the best ? Klasse says paint is protected till upto 12 months. That got me interested

What do you think of the Cobra guzzlers? Worth the cash

Hmmm. I feel getting the Quick detailer for removing tar is not a good choice. Instead why dont you buy a product that is specific to remove tars? Like "Tarminator"?

For matt looking tires buy a cyclo tire spray from mysore road shell pump. Does its job for under 300 bucks.

Definitely BF combo is the best. But longevity wise i would suggest klasse. The Black car + BF combo is a killer. Klasse wont give you the shine or depth of BF but gives longevity.

Dunno about Cobra guzzlers. I would not buy them purely for the reason that you can use 3-4 MF's to dry the car instead of using one. It wont cut down your time drastically or anything. If you already have 10-15 decent MF's then i suggest you dont buy these guzzlers.Rather put your money on something which you will find more useful in detailing!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 13:33   #6214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hmmm. I feel getting the Quick detailer for removing tar is not a good choice. Instead why dont you buy a product that is specific to remove tars? Like "Tarminator"?

For matt looking tires buy a cyclo tire spray from mysore road shell pump. Does its job for under 300 bucks.

Definitely BF combo is the best. But longevity wise i would suggest klasse. The Black car + BF combo is a killer. Klasse wont give you the shine or depth of BF but gives longevity.

Dunno about Cobra guzzlers. I would not buy them purely for the reason that you can use 3-4 MF's to dry the car instead of using one. It wont cut down your time drastically or anything. If you already have 10-15 decent MF's then i suggest you dont buy these guzzlers.Rather put your money on something which you will find more useful in detailing!
I was just reading reviews of another product called Carpro PERL(Perl=Plastics(interior & exterior),Rubber & Leather its a 500 ml bottle which can be diluted and used. Is rated very highly for the 'black' look it gives on tires and is pretty good on leather,plastics too. Not very expensive either.

I have 5 MF's as of now and 2 of them are streaking and dob't absorb too much water. At the price of the guzzler combo I can get 9 Jopasu MF's Will probably skip Cobra guzzlers then.

What other detailing items can I consider ordering ? I have Amway car wash,BF combo,applicator pads, may be Car pro PERL for tires,Interiors.leather seats exterior plastics. Carnauba waxes are way too expensive to consider now
Old 11th September 2012, 13:42   #6215
BHPian

i got some inside contact of a person who supplies detailing and bodyshop products to Audi , BMW , Volkswagen , Skoda , Hyundai , Ford , Volvo , Jaguar and some other Exotic Brands.

He is offering detailing supplies mix from 3M etc

from all the orders i am stunned on a one thing , CLAY BAR !!!

it is available to use at expensive rates , He is offering me to test a 50g blue bar and a detailer at a cost. i am tempted to test as he says that his products are cheap as he gets in quantity and the are best in quality that is the reason he is supplying to the most reputable brands all around.

What say ??? should i play this gamble ???
Old 11th September 2012, 13:59   #6216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was just reading reviews of another product called Carpro PERL(Perl=Plastics(interior & exterior),Rubber & Leather its a 500 ml bottle which can be diluted and used. Is rated very highly for the 'black' look it gives on tires and is pretty good on leather,plastics too. Not very expensive either.

I have 5 MF's as of now and 2 of them are streaking and dob't absorb too much water. At the price of the guzzler combo I can get 9 Jopasu MF's Will probably skip Cobra guzzlers then.

What other detailing items can I consider ordering ? I have Amway car wash,BF combo,applicator pads, may be Car pro PERL for tires,Interiors.leather seats exterior plastics. Carnauba waxes are way too expensive to consider now

Well, i would suggest you buy Jopasu instead of those costly Cobras. One more thing is these cobras which you are buying can be used only for drying whereas Jopasu's can be used for buffing too!

As i mentioned before you can consider Tarminator,Klasse AIO. Whichever suits your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
i got some inside contact of a person who supplies detailing and bodyshop products to Audi , BMW , Volkswagen , Skoda , Hyundai , Ford , Volvo , Jaguar and some other Exotic Brands.

He is offering detailing supplies mix from 3M etc

from all the orders i am stunned on a one thing , CLAY BAR !!!

it is available to use at expensive rates , He is offering me to test a 50g blue bar and a detailer at a cost. i am tempted to test as he says that his products are cheap as he gets in quantity and the are best in quality that is the reason he is supplying to the most reputable brands all around.

What say ??? should i play this gamble ???

Definitely. Seeing how hard it is to get good clay bars in India i would definitely suggest you go for it and post your experience here.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 15:15   #6217
BHPian

How to clean the front windshield?
When the wiper cleans the water from the windsheild during the rains, i can see a think layer of oil like coating on the glass which reduces the visibility to a great extent. The wipers are not great and is due for a change.

Anyway to clean the windshield?
Old 11th September 2012, 15:42   #6218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV
How to clean the front windshield?
When the wiper cleans the water from the windsheild during the rains, i can see a think layer of oil like coating on the glass which reduces the visibility to a great extent. The wipers are not great and is due for a change.

I spary Formula1 glass cleaner and wipe it with MF cloth. After applying 3 times, found while washing the car, that water just slips down without holding on to glass.
Though Formula1 is not that good brand, you can try Meguiair's glass cleaner which is of good quality.
Old 11th September 2012, 16:34   #6219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Weekly clean with ONR + water followed by Colin spray. Keeps my windshield as slick as oil and water beading is great too
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 16:42   #6220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra

Weekly clean with ONR + water followed by Colin spray. Keeps my windshield as slick as oil and water beading is great too
I even clean entire car with ONR. So is this the reason water just slipping down ? I though it should be the reason of formula 1 glass cleaner !
Old 11th September 2012, 16:54   #6221
Distinguished - BHPian

once you get a dirt/grease engrained windscreen, the clear glass cleaners are not really enough. I use Autoglym, a creme cleaner, bought from UK. Expensive, but a little goes a long way. A few pages back, you'll find a similar discussion, with a recommendation for a locally available product.

NB: clean the wiper blades too, and replace them every year.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:28   #6222
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest you to buy Meguiars Water Magnet for drying, I have been using this more than 6 months and I'm more than happy. Normal MF towel won't hep in drying.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 11th September 2012 at 17:30.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:51   #6223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I would suggest you to buy Meguiars Water Magnet for drying, I have been using this more than 6 months and I'm more than happy. Normal MF towel won't hep in drying.
Where did you get them here in Bangalore? I havent been able to source them from the 3M stores nearby (the one in HSR Layout and on Varthur Road at Marathalli).
Old 11th September 2012, 18:22   #6224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I did consider this, the only reason I selected cobra was its much bigger (but more expensive too) so should help in drying quickly. These drying towels help dry the car using just 1 cloth is it ?
Old 11th September 2012, 19:08   #6225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Where did you get them here in Bangalore? I havent been able to source them from the 3M stores nearby (the one in HSR Layout and on Varthur Road at Marathalli).
You can check with Drift, Koramangala. They too stock Meguiars products and I have bought quite a few from them.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed