Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2019, 02:00   #10651
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post

. I will stick to WaveX and ProKlear for now I guess.

How was your experience with WaveX? I am planning to buy the Carnuba Wax.
Old 12th March 2019, 16:46   #10652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I'm using the Wavex waterless wash currently. Earlier it seemed to me like watered down turtle Wax. I haven't used it personally but my car wash guy does, diluted in a bucket rather than in QD form. He says it's better than Proklear wash n wax which I had a bottle of earlier.
Mortis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 10:27   #10653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Hi motorpsycho,

I haven't used their carnuba wax and so cannot comment on that product.
However I have used following two products of theirs...
1. Wavex® Dashboard And Leather Conditioner+Protectant - I am quite satisfied with this product.
2. Wavex® Paint Sealant - I had used the sealant after claying and before applying coats of Collinite 476S. And the paint sealant actually left micro residues. I was very disappointed with that product. I would not recommend it.
akbaree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 18:44   #10654
BHPian

Any insights on the CarPro Polyshave Decon Clay Block?
I am planning to purchase a Clay and this seems to be both cost effective (750/-)and from a reputable brand. Other suggestions are welcome.

http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/d...52-14571196315

Brand and product recommendations for chemical decontamination products such as iron and tar remover will be very helpful as well.
Old 16th March 2019, 19:24   #10655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.501 View Post
Any insights on the CarPro Polyshave Decon Clay Block?
I am planning to purchase a Clay and this seems to be both cost effective (750/-)and from a reputable brand. Other suggestions are welcome.

http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/d...52-14571196315

Brand and product recommendations for chemical decontamination products such as iron and tar remover will be very helpful as well.
I use something similar, but not exactly the one you quoted.

The ones I use are:

https://www.amazon.com/Nanoskin-AS-0.../dp/B005RCD9L8 (This one has now disintegrated and is no longer usable)

https://www.amazon.com/d/Buffing-Pad...her/B0090IRKUG

But to answer to your question - yes, clay alternatives do work, and although the upfront cost may be more, the reusability and safety (simply wash it if you drop it) factors make them VFM.

For chemical decontamination, I had got a bottle of TRIX long back, and I am yet to finish it. If you don't have a car that generates a lot of brake dust or live in an area that has industrial fallouts, iron removal should be less of a concern than tar removal. TarX is good (I used a sample pack once), similar products include OBLITARATE.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 19:36   #10656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I use something similar, but not exactly the one you quoted.

The ones I use are:

https://www.amazon.com/Nanoskin-AS-0.../dp/B005RCD9L8 (This one has now disintegrated and is no longer usable)

https://www.amazon.com/d/Buffing-Pad...her/B0090IRKUG

But to answer to your question - yes, clay alternatives do work, and although the upfront cost may be more, the reusability and safety (simply wash it if you drop it) factors make them VFM.

For chemical decontamination, I had got a bottle of TRIX long back, and I am yet to finish it. If you don't have a car that generates a lot of brake dust or live in an area that has industrial fallouts, iron removal should be less of a concern than tar removal. TarX is good (I used a sample pack once), similar products include OBLITARATE.
Thank you for the speedy reply,
Another question just springed to mind. I have seen many detailers(Pan from Pantheorganizer and Matt from Obsessed Garage) recommend the Jescar Powerlock Plus(Sealant) and Collinite 845(Wax) combo and the results look amazing. Although the 2k odd bucks for Collinite is still alright I am unable to find the Powerlock Plus for anything less than 5k. Is it worth the premium we pay for it or should I look at some other sealant in conjunction with the 845?
Old 17th March 2019, 00:40   #10657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.501 View Post
Thank you for the speedy reply,
Another question just springed to mind. I have seen many detailers(Pan from Pantheorganizer and Matt from Obsessed Garage) recommend the Jescar Powerlock Plus(Sealant) and Collinite 845(Wax) combo and the results look amazing. Although the 2k odd bucks for Collinite is still alright I am unable to find the Powerlock Plus for anything less than 5k. Is it worth the premium we pay for it or should I look at some other sealant in conjunction with the 845?
If you like the squeaky look, try Klasse AIO (for light blemishes) + Klasse Sealant Glaze, and top it off with C845. Else if you prefer the warm look, get the Meg's gold class paste wax, and then use C845.
Also, removing / hiding imperfections helps a great deal, so poorboys black hole / white diamond sealant glaze for dark / light colors work great.
Just remember to first use the glaze , then top off with wax / sealant.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 12:30   #10658
BHPian

After going through a difficult journey, my DA polisher has finally found it's home.

Bought this "Poorboy's World" branded DAS-6 Pro polisher from UK for 14K inclusive of shipping and paid 3K as customs duty.

The kit includes a 6" backing plate, bag and a pair of spare carbon brushes.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20190315_174752.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20190315_174821.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20190315_175102.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 17:21   #10659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
After going through a difficult journey, my DA polisher has finally found it's home.
That's great - looks like the grey colored brother of my red Kestrel Deltalyo DAS 6 Pro !

Have you thought about which pads to get? Get a spare backing plate as mine suddenly cracked one day.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 19:27   #10660
Senior - BHPian

There is construction work happening near my clinic. Adding to the ambient dust in Bangalore. My cars when parked in the afternoons is coated with a layer of red dust. Prestige Willowtree have obviously not heard about the Supreme Court ruling of Rs. 50,000/- fine per day for not taking precautions to avoid dust. Anything I can do about protecting my cars paint from this assault?
I rinse the car after reaching home every night so that the car washing guy doesn't rub it in in the mornings.
Old 19th March 2019, 10:39   #10661
BHPian

Quote:
That's great - looks like the grey colored brother of my red Kestrel Deltalyo DAS 6 Pro !
Yes indeed! It is in fact the same DAS 6 Pro rebranded as "Poorboy's World polisher" and sold

Quote:
Have you thought about which pads to get? Get a spare backing plate as mine suddenly cracked one day.
I have received my package of 10 Buff and Shine pads yesterday from US along with a 5" backing plate. Paid around 4K

Though I've heard good things about LC pads, factors like price and durability have drawn me to Buff and Shine ones.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20190314_170554.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 20:18   #10662
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I rinse the car after reaching home every night so that the car washing guy doesn't rub it in in the mornings.
I think you could use a Jopasu Duster to clean the dust instead of rinsing the car. Is your car getting washed everyday by the washing guy?
Old 19th March 2019, 22:50   #10663
BHPian

Lads, need some inputs about how to clean the polishing pads after use. Shall I go for LC snappy clean powder or APC?
Old 20th March 2019, 09:36   #10664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Lads, need some inputs about how to clean the polishing pads after use. Shall I go for LC snappy clean powder or APC?
If you have any type of APC, dillute it to interior cleaner strength and spray liberally on the pad. Leave for 30 mins then under a tap with strong flowing water, massage the pad with your thumb to dislodge the gunk in it.
NOS Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:04   #10665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I think you could use a Jopasu Duster to clean the dust instead of rinsing the car. Is your car getting washed everyday by the washing guy?
My dad uses the Jopasu duster every afternoon when I leave, but it is doing no good. This is caking with red construction dirt. I rinse the car in the evening to get rid of the macro dust. Car washing guy uses a bucket and cloth in the mornings.
If I didn't get the car washed in the mornings, I would have been happy to leave the dirt on a la rally style, just cleaning the windows.

Most Viewed