Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:09   #10771
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
But, what about the cleaning abilities and ease of application?
Hi, well the only Product I've used in this category is CarPro ECH20 so I will only describe it and can't compare with the others.

As far as it comes to the Product, ECH20 is a great one. I don't use the waterless wash if the car is dirty and/or covered with mud. I use it only when the car is dusty. Company recommends a dilution from 1:5 to 1:15 for the waterless spray and 1:25 for the Quick detailer. I've read on some other website that 1:20 worked well as a waterless spray. I've tried the same concentration and it works perfectly fine. I think 1:25 also works well, but I've already diluted all my concentrate to 1:20.

For application, the first thing we need to make waterless washing an easy/enjoyable process is to have a good Spray bottle. And for waterless wash to be safe on paintwork, one needs to have quite a lot of microfiber cloths. After spraying and wiping off the waterless spray, it does leave a fine haze and this must be removed by a fresh and dry microfiber. The application is easy and fuss free. The car shines really well after the wash. It works really really well on glass. It does have a fragrance to it which is not disturbing, rather is pleasant.

The concentrate is very lubricant in nature. I've noticed that when it's sprayed on water on the paint, it instantly reduces the surface tension of water.

I'm happy with the product and will buy the same one again.
saisailendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:37   #10772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for cleaning art leather/leatherette seats?
So far, I have just used soap solution and wet cloth for
You can use the below product.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01GCF3GAM/..._eaMVDbFCVS1T0

I used it and it is pretty simple to use and effective. I took a small bath soap sized sponge, spray this solution on the sponge and rub it on the car seats.
Wait for 2 minutes and wipe off with a dry micro fibre cloth that's it.
My beige seats looked like new. It can be used to clean the interior plastics as well and effects are pretty good.

Last edited by hrman : 3rd November 2019 at 10:41.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 17:06   #10773
BHPian

A huge shoutout to Dr.Naren for recommending this product here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4613562

I used it to clean my car of 8 years of interior stains. (The pictures make it look worse)
I used a whole bottle and could have used a little more because of the age of the stains. There were similar stains on all seats. A normal user would require less. The Abro bottle costs 250ish and a similar treatment at 3m costs 2500 so go figure. Tools used were the scrubber on top of the bottle and a softspun microfibre.
Detailing like this requires a wee bit of muscle power, however, I choose the exercise over the discomfort of leather seats. (no matter how snug fit installers claim it to be)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-3.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-4.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-2-2.jpeg  

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 3rd November 2019 at 17:14.
Old 13th November 2019, 10:01   #10774
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for cleaning art leather/leatherette seats?
So far, I have just used soap solution and wet cloth for wiping and then another one for drying. But, it does not help for tough stains etc. Looking for something which will help to maintain the seats in a like-new condition for a long time. Can we use something like 3M interior cleaner which is intended to be used on vinyl,rubber etc?
Sonax Leather cleaner

This is a really good product for cleaning and maintaining Leather seats.
Very easy to use and light on pocket for the quality it provides

Quote:
Any recommendation of a waterless wash/quick detailer?
I have used ONR earlier and was very impressed. How does Ultima or Carpro Ech20 compare to ONR? I think the Ultima has the highest dilution ratio which makes it cheaper than the others. But, what about the cleaning abilities and ease of application?
You can try ONR wash and wax (If you've only tried ONR wash and shine).
I've not found an equal alternative to both.
A distant second is Ech2O, gives good enough results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Hi @blackasta!
I wanted to know whether the Rainx has improved visibility during rains on your Jazz? I too have a Jazz but can't drive in the rains due to the water staying on ORVMs and the windows. Mind you, this is Mumbai and Pune level rains.
Thanks in advance.
There are many more durable and price effective wind shield coatings out there which gives you ease of driving.
Tested in Mumbai and Pune rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
Hi.
Can anyone suggest a good wash and wax car shampoo ? However, it is too expensive if i buy it from India.
Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks !
A really affordable and high quality product imho is the Sonax Shampoo.
https://www.amazon.in/Sonax-314300-Concentrate-Gloss-Shampoo/dp/B000S6AQOQ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I really love VFM and quality Sonax range provides in India. (Not all products though!)

Last edited by johannskaria : 13th November 2019 at 10:24.
johannskaria is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 11:20   #10775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
There are many more durable and price effective wind shield coatings out there which gives you ease of driving.
Tested in Mumbai and Pune rains
Would you please share which these are? I find Rainex to be a bit "oily".
Old 14th November 2019, 12:22   #10776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Would you please share which these are? I find Rainex to be a bit "oily".

My suggestion as an alternative to Rain-X is Glaco from a Japanese brand named Soft99. It's available as MGA. Cost is Rs.450.

Nimalan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 12:28   #10777
Senior - BHPian

I have been using our desi waterless wash concentrate Proklear. It's not bad and definitely VFM but I don't think it is as good as ONR. The surface contaminants don't come out easily and the shine is not that good either. Now, ONR in India is unreasonably priced. So, I was looking for some alternatives. The Carpro Ech20 is available in Amazon at 1250 for 16oz which is similar to it's price in USA and it is supposed to be better than ONR. So, decided to order one. Will let you know the results. I wanted to also purchase some good quality spray bottles which are difficult to find. Earlier, I used Amway spray bottles which were very very good but are not available any more.
Old 14th November 2019, 12:35   #10778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
My suggestion as an alternative to Rain-X is Glaco from a Japanese brand named Soft99. It's available as MGA. Cost is Rs.450.
The glaco rain repellant is best used after glaco windshield film remover.
A very good post with details on how to use glaco products was posted sometime back by leoshashi in his m800 thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4399602 (The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2019 at 15:29. Reason: video tag removed from the quote box
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 14:42   #10779
BHPian

A question from esteemed members here. I just picked up a used Civic which I got detailed. The detailing involved the application of a Paint sealant as well.

The question pertains to , how should I now be maintaining the car? The conditions in Gurgaon are really dusty and the car gets covered in dust in just one drive. I have told the local wash guy not to touch the car and right now have decided to get it washed once a week from the place where I got it detailed from. Although I am okay with the cost involved in that, I would still want my car to look good each day and not just the day when it is washed

Some pictures of the car post detailing :
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img9753.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img9745.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img9746.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img9755.jpg  

akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 15:04   #10780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... I wanted to also purchase some good quality spray bottles which are difficult to find. Earlier, I used Amway spray bottles which were very very good but are not available any more.
I use a garden sprayer.

ONR is very concentrated. It might be expensive but it lasts a long time. Even at detailing concentrations one spray bottle removes a lot of bird crap.

True, I am not very regular at washing my car, but with two bottles of ONR, I think I have a supply for years. The second one was a shipping error. I made numerous attempts to return it, but the seller never collected, so I gave up and got a BOGOF!
Old 14th November 2019, 21:58   #10781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The glaco rain repellant is best used after glaco windshield film remover.
A very good post with details on how to use glaco products was posted sometime back by leoshashi in his m800 thread:
Has anyone tested the longevity and clarity of the product in Indian conditions?
Old 17th November 2019, 14:58   #10782
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,
Would like to have some suggestions on how to clean my car.

My 10 year old swift's surface has some kind of contamination all over it. Its on the paint and glass areas and makes the paint looks very dull and glass visibility poor. This car was parked on the street for the first 9 year of its life and probably washed once in year or less frequent.

With water on top of the paint, I can see rainbow color steaks if I wipe with fingers.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20191116_182455.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20191116_182501.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20191116_184836.jpg

I tried washing the car with car shampoo, hair shampoo, washing powder, commercial glass cleaner etc, but none is able to clean. Tried claybar in some areas, again, that too not able to clean it.

What kind of paint decontamination products should I use to get rid of this oily substance?

Note: I initially thought its the soapy water which makes the streaks, not any contamination's; but it seems to be incorrect as the streaks are a lot more on some areas like outer edges of the panels, glass and near the rubber beading etc where the deposits are much higher. The paint is very dull even after repeated washing, claying and waxing.

Either way, I need a good cleaning agent to take out the last 9 years deposits.
Old 17th November 2019, 19:32   #10783
BHPian

Hello fellow BHP-ians,

I have been following this thread from quite sometime.
I Detailed my Honda City 2017 model today.
The car is cleaned by colony boy daily, so it wasn’t very dirty.
My first step was to do waterless wash using CarPro ech2o.
Then used Wavex clay.(was surprised by smoothness of the paint after)
Again cleaned the car and waxed it(3M cream)
For windows I use 3M glass cleaner.
Overall I am satisfied by the shine and cleanliness.

But the main problem I had was that swirls and scratches are same as they were before. Will Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish be good for that.

Also i need some help in choosing the tyre cleaner and how I can make exterior plastic parts shiny and black?

I am adding few pics of the 4 hour hard work
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-54187184d803466088c5d533db5297df.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-5caaa81953f14eabb48282f866848967.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-89221eb8a3d247d79c2bac5debb15f5e.jpeg  

BlackMamba24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 20:04   #10784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Hello everyone,
Would like to have some suggestions on how to clean my car.

My 10 year old swift's surface has some kind of contamination all over it. Its on the paint and glass areas and makes the paint looks very dull and glass visibility poor. This car was parked on the street for the first 9 year of its life and probably washed once in year or less frequent.

With water on top of the paint, I can see rainbow color steaks if I wipe with fingers.

I tried washing the car with car shampoo, hair shampoo, washing powder, commercial glass cleaner etc, but none is able to clean. Tried claybar in some areas, again, that too not able to clean it.

What kind of paint decontamination products should I use to get rid of this oily substance?

Either way, I need a good cleaning agent to take out the last 9 years deposits.
Washed once a year ?

That rainbow effect is normal when you're rubbing on shampoo, as suggested by the images and video. If that happens with plain water, then we need to think about it. You've tried all shampoos but you missed out on Vim Drop, which is not adviced to use on a regular basis, but can be used maybe once if the situation really calls for it and if we want to strip everything off, but the paint. Vim drop will strip off all waxes, greases, and leave paint clear of all such substances. But will fade the paint upon regular use.

Coming to the paint shine, as per the history you provided, I assume a lot of dust must've accumulated on the paint when it was parked. With so much of dust, one incident of washing without proper equipment (a foam prewash, rinse with pressure washer, foam soak, then rinse with pressure washer, then wipe with soapy water, then final rinse), can cause tremendous amount of swirl marks to form on the clear coat. This is the cause of loss of shine and should be replinished by polishing, and maintained by waxing and proper washing.
saisailendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 23:54   #10785
Senior - BHPian

Based on my research, the Carpro Ech2o is supposedly a much more advanced product than ONR. Also, ONR was made as a rinseless wash whereas ECh2o (or ultima waterless wash) was made as a waterless wash. Each product can be used in either way but as the saying goes - right tool for the right job. Since I want to use waterless wash mostly, I ordered the Ech2o from Amazon along with a 100 Rs spray bottle. Will post my views after using it, hoping that it will be better than Proklear.
If the car is really dirty, the waterless wash method is really not useful and it's better or safer to go for a full shampoo wash.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks