Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2020, 08:47   #10831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai

There is a lane near the thiruvanmiyur depot with a “josh car spa” that is a lot cheaper than ocd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Folks, what is a decent place for an interior clean in and around Thiruvanmiyur area ? The 3M branch is right next door to me. To be honest, this is for a really old Getz that I’m using as a beater car. So not putting too much money on it. Just need a good interior clean up including removing seat covers and washing them. I’m not very particular about equipments used. Just need a visibly cleaner interior. Any suggestions please ?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 14:06   #10832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There is a lane near the thiruvanmiyur depot with a “josh car spa” that is a lot cheaper than ocd.
Noted. Earlier in the day I booked a service with a vendor on urban clap. Let me see if they turn up tomorrow. Otherwise will try out Josh.
Old 19th January 2020, 15:43   #10833
Distinguished - BHPian

There is an apparently upcoming car wash place near the end of the Kandanchavadi canal bridge... But our roads are so destroyed you'd need the cleaning again after driving out of this area

This is another reason I am still postponing the full detailing. Heavy layer of cart-track road dust on the car every day.
Old 21st January 2020, 21:22   #10834
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hello! Any idea how to remove radium stickers from Car windscreens? I tried to pull it off with a tape, but the gum on the tape was not strong enough. Any pointers on how to go about it.
Old 21st January 2020, 23:03   #10835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Any pointers on how to go about it.
Use a heat gun/hair dryer just enough to warm up the adhesive, then you should be able to peel them off easily.

Use "Goo Gone" or IPA solution to wipe off the adhesive. Polish the surface and protect with a wax.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 12:56   #10836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Got the clean up done through the vendor that urban clap sent. It was exactly what I wanted. Cheap and nothing fancy given my requirements were not for a very perfect detailing experience with TOP class materials. A 2 member team came by bike with a vacuum cleaner, wax applicator and various consumables.

Exterior : they give a bucket wash and dry the car with MF cloths before applying waxpol polish. Nothing fancy. Car looks clean and shiny after that.

Interior: vacuum is done first. Seats, dash and roof and cleaned with cloth after using soap solution. Then dried and polish applied.

Cost 750 for each of the above. Since I took both, it was 1500. Reasonable and at your doorstep. Total time taken was 2.5 hours

The vendor name was AUTOPRIDE.
Old 26th January 2020, 02:08   #10837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Folks, what is a decent place for an interior clean in and around Thiruvanmiyur area ? The 3M branch is right next door to me. To be honest, this is for a really old Getz that I’m using as a beater car. So not putting too much money on it. Just need a good interior clean up including removing seat covers and washing them. I’m not very particular about equipments used. Just need a visibly cleaner interior. Any suggestions please ?
I used to use Carspa in Thoraipakam, but it's shifted now. 3m is your best bet tbh

Also 1500 for a Getz is expensive. You get the same in a 3m but with high pressure, underbody washing for 1400

Last edited by Stribog : 26th January 2020 at 02:10.
Old 26th January 2020, 07:28   #10838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I used to use Carspa in Thoraipakam, but it's shifted now. 3m is your best bet tbh

Also 1500 for a Getz is expensive. You get the same in a 3m but with high pressure, underbody washing for 1400
I don't think you read my post fully. You cant get a interior and exterior clean up at 3M for Rs1500.
Old 26th January 2020, 08:39   #10839
Senior - BHPian

I need help from fellow enthusiasts regarding a suitable replacement for Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax as a QD. Have been using the same product for years but it appears that the current distributor has started pilfering the bottles and diluting the actual stuff.
A lot of negative reviews are there on Amazon too, surprisingly same issue faced from multiple sellers too.
Old 26th January 2020, 09:20   #10840
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I need help from fellow enthusiasts regarding a suitable replacement for Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax as a QD. Have been using the same product for years but it appears that the current distributor has started pilfering the bottles and diluting the actual stuff.
A lot of negative reviews are there on Amazon too, surprisingly same issue faced from multiple sellers too.
Try the Sonax high speed wax: https://www.amazon.in/Sonax-288200-H...X0EB984T7GH6J5

It's almost similar to the Meguiars one.

https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-high-speed-wax.html

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th January 2020 at 09:23.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 12:41   #10841
BHPian

My black e class (2016) is cleaned only with microfiber cloth and daily duties are done by jopasu duster.Over time it has developed some swirl marks and minor scratches.I am confused on what to get done on the car and from where after going through many team bhp threads. I plan to get the car detailed,any recommendations in Delhi/Noida would be helpful.Other than that what should I get done on my car for long term protection and shine?I have heard about trizact treatment from 3m and some treatments from detailing devils, are they any good?

Thanks for the help
Old 29th January 2020, 14:47   #10842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
Over time it has developed some swirl marks and minor scratches.
Inevitable for all cars, however well cared for, unless we start talking about expensive films or super-hyper-expensive self-healing treatments.
Old 29th January 2020, 19:19   #10843

Quick question - Has anyone here ever tried the services of Cleanse Car (now known as Autobrix) for a daily car wash. Heard their value proposition less than 100 ml water usage per car wash and 3M shampoo etc.

I have purchased a new car and I haven't washed it in last 15 days. Have been using the Jopasu Duster on a daily basis here in Mumbai where I have covered parking both at home and at work. Still, the amount of dust that accumulates is painful to take off. Also the wheels dont get cleaned very well with the duster.
Old 30th January 2020, 08:57   #10844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp_morpheus View Post
Quick question - Has anyone here ever tried the services of Cleanse Car (now known as Autobrix) for a daily car wash. Heard their value proposition less than 100 ml water usage per car wash and 3M shampoo etc.
We've had them in our apartment complex for more than 2 years now and it is every bit as good as they advertise. The water consumption is radically low when compared to the old school bucket full of water approach that normal car cleaners use, on time everyday of the week (Wednesday is their weekly off day in our case) and they do interior vacuum cleaning twice a month. The app shows you pictures of your car after cleaning every day. The best part is that their prices are almost the same as the usual car cleaners that we've had.

They now have add-on services like on-premise car/bike service etc. I've had the battery replaced on my RE Classic 500 this past weekend through them.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've been using their service since 2018 and I don't have any financial interest in their company.
jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 15:27   #10845

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
We've had them in our apartment complex for more than 2 years now and it is every bit as good as they advertise. The water consumption is radically low when compared to the old school bucket full of water approach that normal car cleaners use, on time everyday of the week (Wednesday is their weekly off day in our case) and they do interior vacuum cleaning twice a month. The app shows you pictures of your car after cleaning every day. The best part is that their prices are almost the same as the usual car cleaners that we've had.

They now have add-on services like on-premise car/bike service etc. I've had the battery replaced on my RE Classic 500 this past weekend through them.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've been using their service since 2018 and I don't have any financial interest in their company.
Thanks a ton. This is very helpful. Arranged a demo today and was satisfied with what the service, hoping they maintain it at the same level everyday.

Most Viewed