Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 23:11   #11296
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbax View Post
[*]Use my Jopasu get rid of any excess dust settled on the car
Can You please give your reviews on Jopasu? I'm also planning to get one since I dont want to wash the car every 2-3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbax View Post
[*]Turtle wax ICE Shine and wax ( Post waterless wash) (Collinite 845 is a bit out of my budget as of now)[*]For windscreen was thinking I should get RainX Windscreen Coating from amazon.
I've been using RainX for about an year now, and it works pretty well for about a month, after which the repellency will start to reduce and you may need to top up.

But, if you are planning to get the Turtle wax Ice seal N shine, you may no longer need the RainX. From what I've heard about the seal N shine, it can be applied to ANY surface and the effects will be there for about 3 to 6 months. I've just applied it to my car. Will give updates on it later.
Old 29th June 2021, 03:37   #11297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josethundiyil99 View Post
Can You please give your reviews on Jopasu? I'm also planning to get one since I dont want to wash the car every 2-3 days.
Jopasu must be the single most popular Team-BHP product! Frankly, even when you do wash your car, I think it is good to Jopasu-brush it first. Even a hose is pushing those tiny bits of abrasive dust accross your paint!

You have to learn to use it with the lightest of touch. Don't even let the weight of the brush body fall on the car! (and only use on a dry surface. If you want to stop wet dust setting as mud on your car, then it has to be the hose.)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 08:33   #11298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You have to learn to use it with the lightest of touch. Don't even let the weight of the brush body fall on the car! (and only use on a dry surface. If you want to stop wet dust setting as mud on your car, then it has to be the hose.)
Thanks for the info @Ginathom . I've read somewhere that we need to use a rejuvenator on the duster. Can you throw some light on that as well?
Thanks.
Old 29th June 2021, 16:28   #11299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've read somewhere that we need to use a rejuvenator on the duster. Can you throw some light on that as well?
The duster will get to look really filthy. It's fine like that. Just shake the loose dust out after use. Only when it stops working do you need to do something else:
Get the rejuvinator and go through the process, or,

Just buy a new one.
Personally I just buy a new one. they last a couple of years anyway.

A whole thread about (Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:50   #11300
BHPian

Pardon my idiotic question, but the owner of the car accessory shop from where I bought the microfiber cloth vouched it can be used to clean dust from the car exterior without using water or any other liquids (waterless). I asked him repeatedly whether not using water will leave scratches, but he said it won't and the cloth is perfectly safe for using that way.

What is your opinion?
Old 29th June 2021, 20:12   #11301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Shower View Post
... I asked him repeatedly whether not using water will leave scratches, but he said it won't and the cloth is perfectly safe for using that way.

What is your opinion?
My opinion is that he might be right: microfibre, due to its structure, traps small particles and lifts them off. However, dust has its larger particles too, and I wouldn't want to rub those across the paint with any kind of cloth.

On the other hand, a common microfibre mistake is using it soaking wet, like a rag. This is ok for actual washing in that it is better than a cotton rag, but the deep-cleaning ability of microfibre works at its best dry or slightly damp. You can see this on kitchen surfaces, where it can remove grease dry. Or spectacles: the dry microfibre glass cloth removes the oily layer, whereas cotton just spreads it around.

Disclosure: I am a microfibre fanboy, and have been for many years. I'm shocked and disappointed to find that us fanboys are actually harming the environment! Every time we wash our precious cloths, towels, etc, micro particles are rushing to the sea. Ever feel like you just can't win?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 20:20   #11302
BHPian

As a precaution, I used wet microfiber for cleaning my car once, but mostly as a soaked wet rag. You're right that it works best in dry mode since those fibers will pull dust and hold it, as I've read the same in many other sources too. I will keep your suggestion in mind for future washes. Thanks.
Singer_Shower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 01:23   #11303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Shower View Post
. I will keep your suggestion in mind for future washes. Thanks.
Just thought I'd stress that I am not suggesting using any cloth on thick dust, not even microfibre. I Jopasu-brush that --- or hose it off if I am going to be washing the car.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 20:30   #11304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Suggesstions please
I don't have a DA polisher so the only way I can do polishing is by hand.
The Vehicle was ceramic coated 2 years back and has been maintained to the best of my ability
But again swirls are inevitable and the vehicle has swirls(Not too many but yes the ones which you can get with regular washing and maintenance).
The paint overall looks pretty good and no fading or other major issues.(White Color vehicle)
Which product/polish should I use to achieve this (Remove Swirl marks on the paint on a regular basis like maybe once a year) and then apply some coating..
Now I understand that polishing by hand is not going to remove all the swirls which is Ok with me.
Even if I can remove 80% of the swirls/marks I will be a happy man.
Kindly suggest a product for my requirement. Thanks in advance

For white colored car - the best product IMO is the PoorBoys white diamond glaze. Easy to use by hand using large applicator, helps removing light swirl marks and also adds a lot of shine. But to ensure longevity - you need to top it up with a Wax (Natty's paste wax works fantastic)

I am getting this set up for my white Seltos. Will post pictures soon.

https://www.detailedclean.in/glazes/...ite-diamond-47
Old 30th June 2021, 20:36   #11305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
I am getting this set up for my white Seltos. Will post pictures soon.

https://www.detailedclean.in/glazes/...ite-diamond-47
That would be really appreciated and i will definately buy it in future.
Old 1st July 2021, 11:12   #11306

Quote:
Can You please give your reviews on Jopasu? I'm also planning to get one since I dont want to wash the car every 2-3 days..
Jopasu is good as long you use it lightly without and pressure from or added weight.

Here is a video explaining it
fatbax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 13:20   #11307
BHPian

Gentlemen, I need your help selecting a good vfm vacuum cleaner for my car. Any suggestions are welcom. Also as rains have started, lots of mud inside the cabin, making the car dirty. As of now I'm using basic floor mats from showroom. Will 3D or 7D mats help in cleaning the mud easily ?
I used to do the waterless wash every weekend earlier but now I do it once a month, exterior of the car ie mess Though she's in black, looks kinda awesome ! I really want to keep the car interior clean and clear of the mud.
Old 16th July 2021, 03:04   #11308
BHPian

Guys DetailedClean.in has reduced the prices for most of its products so if you are planning to buy any. This is the right time. I just placed an order for PoorBoys While Diamond. Order while the stocks last.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 07:13   #11309
BHPian

Very valuable thread,

Quick question, if the vehicle has been through rains and has mud and slush on the body...do we use the proklear extreme raw cx directly? Or first wash slightly with water and then use the waterless solution.

Slightly confused between 3M shampoo vs the proklear extreme raw CX.
Old 16th July 2021, 19:59   #11310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
If the vehicle has been through rains and has mud and slush on the body...do we use the proklear extreme raw cx directly? Or first wash slightly with water and then use the waterless solution.
Don't even think of using a Waterless Wash Solution on a vehicle covered in mud and slush unless you want scratches, swirls and whatnot on the paint. Get it thoroughly washed with car shampoo. Waterless solutions are recommended for a lightly soiled car. That's the thumb rule. Different products different use.

Last edited by Artyom : 16th July 2021 at 20:00.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed