Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2021, 20:44   #11326
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Guys,

Have anyone tried the Poklear's method of shampooing the car using a modified garden sprayer, the nozzle for which Proklear apparently provides?
Cheers
There you go my friend

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate))

Although now I have purchased the Proklear Venus Manual Foamer which is a proper foamer and does the job quite well. Having said that It was impulsive and if you use waterless wash quite often then its a good buy.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 22:59   #11327
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
There you go my friend

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate))

Although now I have purchased the Proklear Venus Manual Foamer which is a proper foamer and does the job quite well. Having said that It was impulsive and if you use waterless wash quite often then its a good buy.
Thanks bud.
Where did you buy the Venus foamer from? Proklear’s website directs to Flipkart which sells only the nozzle (hopefully) and WFC. There are some folks who have reported to get only WFC w/o the nozzle. I also would prefer a one-stop solution and am willing to pay for it, rather than buying nozzle+WFC combo & sprayer separately.

Cheers
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 23:04   #11328
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bud.
Where did you buy the Venus foamer from? Proklear’s website directs to Flipkart which sells only the nozzle (hopefully) and WFC. There are some folks who have reported to get only WFC w/o the nozzle. I also would prefer a one-stop solution and am willing to pay for it, rather than buying nozzle+WFC combo & sprayer separately.

Cheers
Venus foamer I bought from Autofresh.in and comes with 3 nozzle tips for varying foam thickness.As far as the Proklear WFC is concerned have ordered it in the past and everytime it xane with the nozzle in the same sealed paxk which had the bottle.Flipkart mostly has it in stock.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 23:14   #11329
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Venus foamer I bought from Autofresh.in and comes with 3 nozzle tips for varying foam thickness.As far as the Proklear WFC is concerned have ordered it in the past and everytime it xane with the nozzle in the same sealed paxk which had the bottle.Flipkart mostly has it in stock.
Is it worth spending 3k on Kwazer Venus foamer as opposed to the nozzle hack on a garden sprayer? I wouldn’t mind spending a substantial amount on Venus if the difference in foam production is night and day.

Thanks for help, champ
Old 14th August 2021, 23:22   #11330
BHPian

Quote:
Is it worth spending 3k on Kwazer Venus foamer as opposed to the nozzle hack on a garden sprayer?
Thanks for help, champ
Problem with the nozzle setup is if it breaks you have to order another bottle to get the nozzle.Nozzle alone is not available I guess.

As far as venus foamer is concerned the results will be consistent for one.Secondly its hassle free.Change nozzle and you are good.Trick is to use more than regular quantity of the soap product and you can get good results.

All comes down to how frequently will you use it.If you use it regularly for waterless wash or regular wash then worth spending the money else not.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 14:24   #11331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Another question to the experts here. I have been using the Showtime Instant Detailer which comes with the clay pack as a lube. But it is almost over. What can I use as a substitute? I've been googling and watching YT videos but most people use stuff that is not available here. Any suggestions on what I could use?
For clay lube there are many options, you can use a few drops of optimum no rinse mixed in with filtered water in your spray bottle. You can even use your preferred car shampoo, just mix 40-50ml in 500ml of filtered water and you’re good. Avoid tap water as it can contain fine particles that may scratch your paint when rubbed in with the clay. Also, make sure you perform at least a light paint correction to remove the micro marring left behind by the clay. Cheers!
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 15:30   #11332
BHPian

Guys, a truck driver crashed slowly in my Creta on the rear left panels. Thankfully it happened at slow speed and most scratches are due to the plastic bumper of the truck. There are two deep scratches though where paint is chipped off the body. Attaching pics

The rusty scratch you see in this one is old one and that area is dented.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20210815_125151.jpg

These two scratches are deep. Body panel is exposed here, paint is completely chipped off.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20210815_125128.jpg

This one is on my car's rear bumper

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20210815_125143.jpg

Any suggestions how to get these restored to the factory finish ? How much I will have to shell out of my pocket ? Is it sensible to claim insurance for these minor scratches ? This is my first time dealing with scratches, and I the fact that it didn't happen because if me, makes me even frustrated
Old 15th August 2021, 19:04   #11333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, a truck driver crashed slowly in my Creta on the rear left panels. Thankfully it happened at slow speed and most scratches are due to the plastic bumper of the truck. There are two deep scratches though where paint is chipped off the body. Attaching pics

The rusty scratch you see in this one is old one and that area is dented.

Attachment 2193400

These two scratches are deep. Body panel is exposed here, paint is completely chipped off.

Attachment 2193402

This one is on my car's rear bumper

Attachment 2193401

Any suggestions how to get these restored to the factory finish ? How much I will have to shell out of my pocket ? Is it sensible to claim insurance for these minor scratches ? This is my first time dealing with scratches, and I the fact that it didn't happen because if me, makes me even frustrated
Wouldn’t recommend making a claim as the NCB lost is likely similar to the cost of repair. If you want a near perfect outcome then the only option is a good body shop that’ll fix the dents and repaint the fender, cost per panel is around 5-8k depending on the shop. If you’re ok with some imperfection a much cheaper alternative is to wetsand the scuffs in the clearcoat and apply black touch up paint to the deeper scratches but the dents will remain. Make sure the paint used matches the colour code of your car (different mfg’s have different shades of black).
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 15:35   #11334
BHPian

Hello,
I have a 7 year old Rapid in Cappacino Beige color (the greyish shade). It has slight swirls marks which I would classify as light to medium.
In a dilemma over choosing Meguiar's Ultimate Polish or Ultimate Compound. I will be applying it by hand only, no plans of purchasing a machine. Since application is by hand, is it preferable to go for the Compound rather than the Polish?
Above procedure will be followed by a coat of Meguiar's NXT Tech 2 wax.

Last edited by anuragn : 30th August 2021 at 15:40.
Old 30th August 2021, 15:45   #11335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Hello,
I have a 7 year old Rapid in Cappacino Beige color (the greyish shade). It has slight swirls marks which I would classify as light to medium.
In a dilemma over choosing Meguiar's Ultimate Polish or Ultimate Compound. I will be applying it by hand only, no plans of purchasing a machine. Since application is by hand, is it preferable to go for the Compound rather than the Polish?
Above procedure will be followed by a coat of Meguiar's NXT Tech 2 wax.
Hand polishing to remove swirls is not possible. You will get exhausted and will end up with inconsistent results over the different parts of the car.

I suggest you apply the Ultimate Polish by hand using a foam applicator and finish it with a coat of wax/sealant. Go panel by panel. Do it over a period of couple of days. You will get exhausted.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 15:59   #11336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hand polishing to remove swirls is not possible. You will get exhausted and will end up with inconsistent results over the different parts of the car.

I suggest you apply the Ultimate Polish by hand using a foam applicator and finish it with a coat of wax/sealant. Go panel by panel. Do it over a period of couple of days. You will get exhausted.
Thanks for quick response. Actually I was of the view that since UC is supposed to be stronger in action, it should require less effort by hand for similar results.
Old 30th August 2021, 16:38   #11337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Thanks for quick response. Actually I was of the view that since UC is supposed to be stronger in action, it should require less effort by hand for similar results.
It is stronger in action. But you need to work the product to get visible results. And working the product by hand over the whole car is very very difficult. Hence suggested the Ultimate Polish which is easier to apply
Old 30th August 2021, 17:00   #11338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
It is stronger in action. But you need to work the product to get visible results. And working the product by hand over the whole car is very very difficult. Hence suggested the Ultimate Polish which is easier to apply
Sir, pls guide.

My friend has a open car carking in his compound. He has a Honda Civic. Pls suggest a good water proof/resistant car cover. He's in Chennai.

Which brand to buy? If online, which website would be good enough.

Regards,
Anees
Old 30th August 2021, 18:15   #11339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anees_Offl View Post
Sir, pls guide.

My friend has a open car carking in his compound. He has a Honda Civic. Pls suggest a good water proof/resistant car cover. He's in Chennai.

Which brand to buy? If online, which website would be good enough.

Regards,
Anees
I am not knowledgeable on the car covers. So, cannot guide you here. Maybe others can pitch in.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 19:43   #11340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anees_Offl View Post
Please search the forum: you will find at least one thread wholly devoted to car covers.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed