Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 16:13   #1
BHPian

Accent CRDi - AC not effective.

Guys,

My Accent CRDi AC is not good and is particularly can experience it during these hot summer days.

The cabin is not getting cooled even after 10 mins with blower at max speed. At nights or not-so-sunny day, I found it ok (not great, but still it cools the cabin within sometime).

Its a 2003 model car, and I got it last September.
This is the first summer with this car and am really getting fried inside when I take the car out during day time.

H.A.S.S & my car mechanic - both said AC is fine.

Is really all Accent's AC ineffective? or Am I missing something here?

Anyways, decided to take it to an independent AC mechanic in Trichy to check the gas levels and will check for AC cleaning.
Please lemme know if anything else need to be checked. Also, suggest some good AC mechanics in Trichy.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accent CRDi - AC not effective.

Get the cooling coil cleaned,it is located just behind the dashboard,and can be cleaned without Removing the dashboard.
I was facing a similar issue with my Accent and there was a drastic change after this.
The Grill temperature should be around 3-7 degrees for a properly working AC,you can check it using a digital thermometer.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 16:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

Have the a/c refrigerant checked; the gas might need to be replenished.

Also, have the a/c lines checked for any leaks. Is the thermostat working fine?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 16:34   #4
BHPian

Thanks Akshay4587 & libranof1987.

Will get the cooling coil, grill temperature, refrigerant & cooling lines checked.

@libranof1987, I think thermostat is working fine. The temp level is getting varied, if I switch the knob to various positions.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Check the AC gas also for any leaks in the lines

If in Bangalore take it to Sejal motors (details in Bangalore directory) one of my friend also a TBHP member had taken his Honda City with the same issue and the gas was the culprit. They fixed it for him

Cheers
narayanang76
Old 1st June 2011, 17:23   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I had once faced such a issue with my Accent Viva CRDi and when got it checked with A.S.S they identified that the gas had leaked and it had to be refilled.

When this problem occurs in summers, the culprit in most often cases is the gas getting over.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 17:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

What sun film do you have on the windshield? And are you parking in direct line of sunlight?
Apart from the gas getting over, an exposed glass area could heat up quicker
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 18:12   #8
BHPian

Accent CRDi has one of the better A/C compressors. My recent trip to Kalahasti proved to be a good test and it came out in flying colors

From you explanation it seems that the cooling isn't good when the cabin is hot or the outside temperature is high

Please check the evaporator coil - There is a small glass window - If you see bubbles the refrigerant needs to be replenished.

And clean the A/C filter and the cooling coil checked

Cheers
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 22:25   #9
BHPian

@all, firstly Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I had once faced such a issue with my Accent Viva CRDi and when got it checked with A.S.S they identified that the gas had leaked and it had to be refilled.

When this problem occurs in summers, the culprit in most often cases is the gas getting over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Check the AC gas also for any leaks in the lines

If in Bangalore take it to Sejal motors (details in Bangalore directory) one of my friend also a TBHP member had taken his Honda City with the same issue and the gas was the culprit. They fixed it for him

Cheers
narayanang76
I'm in Trichy currently and will try out an AC mechanic suggested by my friend. Will ask the AC mechanic to check for leaks & gas levels.
If no improvements, anyways I'm driving back to B'lore this weekend and will get it checked in Sejal Motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What sun film do you have on the windshield? And are you parking in direct line of sunlight?
Apart from the gas getting over, an exposed glass area could heat up quicker
The sun film holds good still. Normally, I park the car in shades. This cooling issue is there even when cabin is warm not very hot. In nights, its OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Accent CRDi has one of the better A/C compressors. My recent trip to Kalahasti proved to be a good test and it came out in flying colors

From you explanation it seems that the cooling isn't good when the cabin is hot or the outside temperature is high

Please check the evaporator coil - There is a small glass window - If you see bubbles the refrigerant needs to be replenished.

And clean the A/C filter and the cooling coil checked
Cheers
Good to know that its not a common issue. its a relief. Will get the Evaporator coil & A/c filter checked.

Will ask the mechanic to have a check on these pointers. I hope, the issue will get sorted quickly.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:41   #10
BHPian

Karthik

Any update on the issue..

Just curious if you have been able to crack the problem

Cheers
Old 6th June 2011, 18:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Karthik

Any update on the issue..
Yet to visit a mechanic. had a very busy week :(

Yesterday I drove back to Bangalore. So, will visit Sejal motors this weekend as suggested by narayanang76.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks