Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 22:38   #1
BANNED

Zen Pulls to Left And Under Braking Too

We have a Zen 2003 Done 55k Kms .For the past 2000kms it has been pulling to left .I got Alignment from 4 places and tyre rotation done today all combinations including tyres from other Zen .However the problem continues .I just feel that my hand has to put pressure to keep it straight else as i let go it drifts to left .Also during braking it drifts to left .Also i have already tried balancing , tyre pressure check .

The above and below issue are independent so please do not say above is due to below or vice versa.

Also another issue i have since when we bought the car is that the vacuum pipe which connects to the booster has a valve which is not working properly due to which there is no bite in brakes . I tried everything changed booster , pads , complete bleeding of brakes number of times but issue remains .Though i must say i feel issue is with the valve in the vaccum pipe (my gut feeling) but i am unable to source this pipe from Maruti as they that this never goes bad so it is impossible to get it .Does anyone has a work around.

All the help i need !

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 5th June 2011 at 22:41.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zen Pulls to Left And Under Braking Too

Do the following,
Clean front LHS brake disc and pad.
Check the LHS strut also.
These two could be the probable culprits.
It is presumed that you have not addressed the problem through a service centre.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:36   #3
BHPian

Well this is scary to hear, i recommend to get a suspension check up done.

try fitting your left strut on the right and vice versa( i hope this is possible i'm unsure), verify results.

Drive safe untill the issue resolves
Old 6th June 2011, 15:21   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I just feel that my hand has to put pressure to keep it straight else as i let go it drifts to left .Also during braking it drifts to left .
It's your brakes. In all probability, the front left pad is "sticking" to the disc. Get it sorted out ASAP.
Old 7th June 2011, 00:50   #5
BANNED

The whole day car spent at MSM , Delhi . The service centre had no idea about the whole issue. First one person comes after 1 hr takes for a test ride for a km says this is due to banking on road . I tell could you please explain why now and not all these years or in other car .Anyways another 30 mintues down some 20 years experience guy comes . I tell him highway is right outside drive at decent speed of 80+ kmph and judge and not at 10-20kmph please .He agrees but he only says it is minor drift without brakes and upon braking it definitely exist .We come back after 30km ride .
After 1 hour car is taken inside .
1.) Alignment done : Everything was perfect .
2.) Brake Force Distribution / Suspension Check done on new Hoffman Machine installed at facility . Front difference 3% and rear difference 11% .

After 1 hour service centre guys say they will change the rear cylinders .I asked why .Stupid reasons .I tell them this could be because of proptioning valve too as it exists in both front and rear also due to some picch noise under heavy braking .

They get angry saying let them do there job . I ask why dont you try rotating each wheel by hand or better if you have weights see if each wheel moves under same weight .since they did not have any weights they tried with hands and said all is fine .
So anyways to be safe of jammed cylinder we decide to open all four tyre and do visual inspection of rear drum , liners , cylinder and front discs , pads , callipers .

The rear had no issue as everything was at it should be no jamming and no oily mess .

The front discs had few grooves on them but they said it is fine nothing to worry .

So finally they decided to only work on propotioning valve .
Well the brakes have definitely improved and are much softer to use now .

But the pulling to left still exists but the picch sound is gone .

Will update today how it is working .

I usually never go to service station as they are lazy people .But what i have learnt is there are few issues where service centres are better equipped to handle problems provided we have time and do not want to waste money on replacing everything (as shops outside do not take parts back ).

Issue still remain of less bite from brakes (Though much better than before ), tyres donot lock even under intended actions , still feel car moves to left .

Thnks & Rgds
Old 7th June 2011, 21:46   #6
BANNED

Ok it still pulls to left :-(
Also i checked the callipers (pin) .They are all free .
On ocassion like these i feel lets just sell and buy another one .

Most Viewed