Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2014, 21:49   #16

Re: Gearbox / Transmission noise

I faced a similar issue in my Spark today. I was coming back home after seeing a doctor.

My regular route to home was blocked due to some construction work happening. So I decided to take a detour. This road is very bumpy and muddy. As soon as I entered the road, I was welcomed with a huge bump, like, a small hillock. I was in 3rd gear and thought that I might clear it. But I was wrong. The car stalled uphill !.

I immediately lifted hand brake to avoid car rolling backward. Then I tried to start the car by pressing clutch in 3rd gear. Man !!! I got the kad kad sound while cranking. I was shocked. Then I tried to start the car in 1st and 2nd gear too, but again the same noise from transmission.

Then I shifted to neutral and tried to start. Voila !. It started ! What a relief. I drove back home without any issue. However, I was confused why my car behaved like that. So when I came back home, I tried to simulate the event. I tried to start my car in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. This time it started without any issue. So why it acted up on that bump ? Has it anything to do with hand brake ?

Any comments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks