Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 13:40   #1
BHPian

Ford Endeavour April 2011 AT 3.0L : Problem with windscreen

Hi,
My brother bought his Black Ford Endeavour 3 Ltr AT in the month of April from Harpreet Ford Delhi. The car had been running fine, untill one fine day we noticed someting very unusual.
After a night of heavy downpour he noticed that the dashboard and co-driver seat was wet and the console near the auto transmission was full of water.

The first suspect was the car cleaner and he came out clean saying that he never fiddled with the power windows while cleaning the car.
He had to leave for chandigarh the same day in the evening so he put the car in the sun for a while to allow the car to dry as much as it could. This was supposed to be the first outstation trip of the new car and we had decided to take it to Harpreet Ford once he is back from Chandigarh. While on his way he noticed strange veezing sounds coming inside the cabin at speeds over 100 KMPH. With utmost confusion that this was happening to a brand new 20 day old car he stopped midway at the Ford Dealer in Karnal, they immediatley inspected the vehicle and told him that there was a gap (not visible) in the windscreen just above the rear view mirror and this needs immediate attention.
We got the car back to delhi and took it to Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar Delhi. The service manager told us that this will take some time and they will do a road test and will get back to us the next day.
Dissapointed with his casual attitude towards a unsual problem in brand new car we made friends with a service advisor and asked him if this was routine in this car. He went out of his way and gave us a download of what might be the actual problem. Apperently all the window glasses, windscreen and rear screen in the car have a serial number in order when they are fitted at the factory assembly line. So the glasses had serial numbers in order of 161 , 162 , 163 and so on and surprisingly the front windscreen had a serial number 468. The explanation that he gave us is that this screen was not fitted at the assemble line automatically but was fitted manually afterwards cause the original screen must have broken in the process.

We were assured by the Service manager that we will get a revert back the following day with the entire explanation and further course of action. Its been four days that the car has been at the service station and we are yet to receive a call by Harpreet Ford. Whenever we call the standard reply we get is that the case has been refered to the chennai plant and we will have to wait.
We have'nt been offered a temporary car for the time being. Neither have we been attended to properly like they should have done considering that we have bought the most expensive model being offered by Ford India.

I would apperetiate your suggestions and help on the way forward.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour April 2011 AT 3Ltr: First Problem!

Terrible state of affairs! Looks like they palmed off a vehicle with a broken and badly replaced windscreen to you.

Please escalate to Ford India at Chennai. I don't readily remember their email id--but there is a direct email to the MD that beings with 'write2Md@' , but sorry, i don't remeber the suffix.

Last edited by vnabhi : 13th June 2011 at 13:52.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

He is right when the windscreen gets replaced there are chances that the glass isn't fixed properly and gives some air sound at speeds above 80. This happened to our Baleno when we replaced the front windshield after 6 years of ownership once driving on highway a stone hit the windshield and there was a crack hence the replacement.

What he might do is to put in extra Glue and re-fix it. Which is not a major problem.

What is more worrying is that this windshield was replaced when the car was new and with the manufacturer or dealer. This part needs investigating as you probably would want to be sure if they haven't sold a accident struck car without your knowledge.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 13th June 2011 at 13:56.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:50   #4
BHPian

@Gsyngh: A friend of mine has a fiesta and had a similar if not exactly the same problem with the car. He contacted Ford directly and I believe even visited the regional office. The ford guys were very helpful and sorted it out for him. I suggest you find the nearest Ford office and meet the RSM. This should sort out the issue. They will fix the problem and also replace any parts that are damaged as a result of this leakage.

Most Viewed