Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2006, 01:23   #76
BHPian

Seatbelts!

The holes over the shoulder area have been sealed because i don't see the practicality in a 5 point racing harness....... the other 2 holes at the base of the seat have been kept for the conventional seatbelts!!
Old 5th March 2006, 01:50   #77
Team-BHP Support

Great to see the pics of them upholstering the seat Ed,

They have done a really good job! (Though the part where it rolls over near the bottom right seatbelt hole in the last pic looks a little unfinished...but i guess i will wait for the completed high res pics to see that)

cya
R
Old 5th March 2006, 11:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hey Eddy looks like your car is pretty soon going to be coolest 800 on road!
Nice work man
Good stuff

Just don't do any idiotic stuff like driving over cliff
Old 5th March 2006, 11:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

woah.. thats one helluva restoration job there..
love the colour you have chosen. skyline blue..
the seats are perfect.. they have come out very well.. looks like the originals except for the decals on it ofcourse.

cant wait to see the car completely restored.. and a wise decision to stick to the original engine parts.
Old 5th March 2006, 14:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Great to see the pics of them upholstering the seat Ed,

They have done a really good job! (Though the part where it rolls over near the bottom right seatbelt hole in the last pic looks a little unfinished...but i guess i will wait for the completed high res pics to see that)

cya
R
Hey thanks rehaan.... the last pic you speak of is still unfinished......a layer of art leather went on the back of the seat aswell........hi-res pics on monday!!!
Old 5th March 2006, 14:21   #81
BHPian

@ Godfather and adya33...... thanks people..... pics will be posted regularly......keep checking!!!
Old 5th March 2006, 15:27   #82
BANNED

hey edmund.. im new here. great to see all the love and hardwork you are pitting into your baby.nowadays guys just junk their old rides and go in for new ones.. personally i dont think i will be able to sell an old faithful.. id raher restore it.. beautiful work man cant wait to see the finished car
Old 6th March 2006, 00:19   #83
BHPian

More pictures......

The car still isn't painted!!! I'm not very impressed with the time management........i hate being given dates and then falling back on them..... the painter is slacking here......

Monday 4pm is the scheduled now........ lets hope......!

Another layer of primer went on after the last one was sanded down on saturday......when the car was being prepared for paint!

Edmund is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2006, 00:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeckozzy
hey edmund.. im new here. great to see all the love and hardwork you are putting into your baby, beautiful work man cant wait to see the finished car
Thanks mate....... the joys of restoring a car......are inexplicable, ask GTO!!
Old 6th March 2006, 23:09   #85
BHPian

...................and it has happened again........ now it's getting painted tomorrow! I need a wastegate for the build up of steam here!!!!
Old 7th March 2006, 21:11   #86
BHPian

Giant leap in my schedule!!!

Ok....people......!!! It's finally got a new coat of paint...... original Nissan Skyline GTR Blue, from the Nissan brochure at the DuPont showroom!!!

Went into the booth at around 11:05am this morning, Stararmour and i were there before the painter!! [as usual!!] to winness the paint process from inside the booth....... pictures will be posted once i get home!!!

Plus both the seats are back from the upholstery guy......hi-res pics of those too!! Yaay!!
Loads to do in the next few days...... wish me luck people!!!

Ciao!!
Ed!~
Old 7th March 2006, 22:58   #87
BHPian

Aluminum diamond checker plate for door panels!

Guys, im planning to use this sheet aluminum diamond checker plate as my door panels, because the new door panels are of real sad quality and i like the look!!

What's your take on the idea....
  • Paint it black.
  • Leave as is.

Last edited by Edmund : 7th March 2006 at 23:08.
Old 7th March 2006, 23:01   #88
BHPian

dude...i love what you have done to the car....its true man "old is gold ".....so...what other fillings you having done...also how much you plannin 2 spend on it...
Old 7th March 2006, 23:17   #89
Team-BHP Support

excellent follow-up

have enjoyed reading your excited log on your car restoration.
pictures being posted at every stage and over-looking the operation yourself. very nice indeed! can't wait to see the finished product....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Paint it black.
thats my opinion as i myself prefer a dull rather than a shiny finish on automobiles but you'll probably need a high-quality (scratchproof/high-temperature) black paint so that it doesn't rub off with daily use - and that wouldn't look so good in the long run....

ad
Old 7th March 2006, 23:37   #90
BHPian

[quote=Edmund]Guys, im planning to use this sheet aluminum diamond checker plate as my door panels, because the new door panels are of real sad quality and i like the look!!

What's your take on the idea....
  • Paint it black.
  • Leave as is.
my take ........ black !!!!!! just love the colour and itll add to the exclusivity of the car besides with time if (and when ) it does get scratched we'll get it repainted ..that shouldnt be more than a couple of hours work total !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks