Team-BHP - Edmund : My car's Rebuild Maruti 800
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Edmund : My car's Rebuild Maruti 800 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/10284-edmund-my-cars-rebuild-maruti-800-a.html)

Finally ..... finally it is time.......... Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! :D

My car has gone in and its damn emotional!!!! Waited for this day for so long......... ok ok im not going to get all teary here..... i'll let the pictures speak for themselves!!!

The car all jacked up in the workshop!!!

The engine dropped and suspension and steering components semi rebuilt!!

The F8B set for a rebuild!!!

The Gearbox opened up as 3rd just wouldn't stick, kept popping out whenever it felt like it!!!

Congrats buddy :D

Now for some questions.
I understand that yours is the old model, Gen1 M800. So did you purchase it as a used car? Or you have had it all this while and now decided to give it a second lease of life?

More importantly, which garage is this? The car behind yours on the service line is a Santro!!! :confused:

Boy, do I envy you! The joy of restoring an automobile that is no longer in production, and has nostalgic value, is unparalleled by any other.

All the best with this. And make it a point to get every stage on camera. I have about 4 albums of my Jeep rebuild.

GTO

what mods are you going in for?? (if you are)

or is it only a restoration job??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
Congrats buddy :D

Now for some questions.
I understand that yours is the old model, Gen1 M800. So did you purchase it as a used car? Or you have had it all this while and now decided to give it a second lease of life?

More importantly, which garage is this? The car behind yours on the service line is a Santro!!! :confused:

I bought it third hand!!! Last year........ 80K's on the odo.......
This is not a "Only Hyundai" Service station, i know the owner, he owns the same type of car....very well restored, will post a pic of the owners car!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Boy, do I envy you! The joy of restoring an automobile that is no longer in production, and has nostalgic value, is unparalleled by any other.

All the best with this. And make it a point to get every stage on camera. I have about 4 albums of my Jeep rebuild.

GTO

I know, its crazily emotional..... many people can't comprehend the feeling......... I will take a pic even if the mechanic sneezes!!! Like a motion sensitive camera!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by adit1329
what mods are you going in for?? (if you are)

or is it only a restoration job??

Restoration plus performance mods..... this baby is gonna be a sleeper!!!

The Suzuki Tokico disc brakes!! OVERHAUL!!!!

The insides........ rusty...... of course, it has seen 20 monsoons.....!!!!!

Almost no insulation!!! Thats ok, no engine now, that means no heat........!!!! Hahahhahaha

The fiberglass leafspring Gabriel shock absorber setup!!

Look Ma, no tyres!!!

The car will be throughly washed inside out and rid of twenty long years of muck, underbody and all.....before she is rolled into the paint booth!!!

Here's the reason i chose this particular guy to restore my car..... the pictures depict the quality of his work!!!!

That's his car.... rides on 13x5.5 Plati rims!!!

The friggin' ladder came in the way!!!!!

Sweet aint it?
[Mods: Number plate not blanked out as owner has no problems]

How much are you spending? Or planning to spend?

Yippy, I can never express the kind of pleasure i get out of restoring vehicles.
If anyone in Chennai needs to restore any car , let me know FIRST!! I'd be more than glad to do it.
Bhpians coming to the track day can see my very first restoration of almost a decade old Sumo. :)

Edmund, i wish i can sit with ur car day&night for its restoration. I WISH!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Edmund, i wish i can sit with ur car day&night for its restoration. I WISH!!!

Hahahahahahah..... the owner literally has to kick me out when they have to shut shop!!!!! I can just sit and ogle...... blankly!!!!! It's just so much fun........ !!!!!!

nice paint job on the garage owners car, hope he gives you the same finish;)

Test fitting the fiberglass bucket seats before upholstery on the inhouse design rails!

Checking the rear legroom, seats are adjustable laterally, fore and aft.

Don't worry about the headroom, the roof lining is sagging and there's plenty anyway!!

There's plenty of room under the seat......what?...... Did someone say put a NOS can there???!!!!! Hahahahahah

Checking two different seat bracket heights, Notice that the drivers side is 3 inches while the passenger side is 4 inches, finalized on the 3" bracket height after checking the ergonomics!

Great work Eddy!
All the best with restoration, keep us update :)
And once you are done, we HAVE to meet