Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 17:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Beat - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.

IMP : Please list out any errors in the following sheet; your contribution will greatly help the community, other BHPians & guests. You can point out corrections on this thread itself. Thank you!

Chevrolet Beat - Technical Specifications & Feature List-beatspec01.jpg

Chevrolet Beat - Technical Specifications & Feature List-beatfeat01.jpg
Old 16th June 2011, 11:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Stratos,

Good Start to a thread which is more informative, infact I was looking for kerb weight for the last 2 days, even from my RC book, but was not able to find it, alas found it here

From the list, I could find one point has to be updated.

"Rear Wash/Wipe is available in LT variant"

Other than this, I found everything to be perfect.

Regards,
Rajan

Last edited by informmaha : 16th June 2011 at 11:15.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
"Rear Wash/Wipe is available in LT variant"
Even Rear Defogger is present.

And regarding the mileage, ARAI certified mileage is a combination of both highway and city simulations. Split values are not published. The split values mentioned in TDs of auto magazines or users is misleading as there is no standard way of testing. Would be better not publishing that here, as practiced in T-BHP official TDs. Saying so because i have consistently got better mileage than what's given here, with 100% AC and a not too sedate style of driving.

Last edited by Daewood : 16th June 2011 at 15:16.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am uploading e-brochure and price list of Chevrolet Beat. This will help members/guests to find all info at same place.

Ex-Showroom Prices for DELHI

Beat 1.2 Rs. 355490/-
Beat 1.2 LS Rs. 383514/-
Beat 1.2 LT Rs. 426319/-
Beat 1.2 LT with Option Pack Rs. 473824/-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beat-Brochure.pdf (828.2 KB, 1404 views)
Old 24th June 2011, 15:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.
This is a really good feature that has been started. I understand that later this will be made interactive, with facilities of profuct comparisons, sorting/grouping products by type/price/similar specs etc.

But even until then it would be really good to have all the technical specification is a separate section/sub-section. Otherwise it might be a more tedious for one to filter out these numerous tech spec threads from the other technical discussions.

High amount of activities on the tech spec threads would also lead to the fact that the other tech topics would normally not appear in forum home page or in the section page since they are normally sorted by last modification date. And the other tech topics might go un-noticed (or starve of attention).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks