Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 15:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Swift LDI - Rear windshield judder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been noticing a problem that is happening on my Swift LDI. At low speeds if the gear is not changed in time there is judder that is coming from the rear windshield. What could be the cause for this ? I would like to know from other Swift Diesel Owners if they are facing the same problem or not.

Hope to get a feedback from everyone.

Regards

Indrojit Sircar
It is not the rear windshield. It is the plastic panel inside the rear hatch that is making the noise. You can check this by knocking on it mildly with your palm.

As for me, I have chosen to ignore it.
Old 21st June 2011, 00:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think i'm that dumb to not have checked if the whole boot rattling or not. Its definitely the rear windshield that is juddering. I will get it looked in to soon.
So why asking and looking for feedback? Just get it done.
Old 21st June 2011, 15:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think i'm that dumb to not have checked if the whole boot rattling or not. Its definitely the rear windshield that is juddering. I will get it looked in to soon.
Indrojit, I had a similar problem with my Swift petrol. It sometimes happens with the glass being slighly loose abd you get the juddering / scrapign sound. My mechanic had the simplest of solutions. He fixed two rubber bushes to the woodboard that houses the rear speakers. This acts as a cushion between the hatch and the body and reduces the juddering. My problem was unique and the solution though odd is workign very well for me and i'am happy.
cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks