Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 17:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

VW Polo - Technical Specifications & Feature List

VW Polo - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.

IMP : Please list out any errors in the following sheet; your contribution will greatly help the community, other BHPians & guests. You can point out corrections on this thread itself. Thank you!

VW Polo - Technical Specifications & Feature List-polospecs01.jpg

VW Polo - Technical Specifications & Feature List-polofeat01.jpg

Last edited by Stratos : 5th July 2011 at 23:20.
Stratos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 18:16   #2
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Bravo!!! Much needed one. Will keep it saved, since I am bit confused on whether to go for TL or CL.
Old 5th July 2011, 18:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am uploading e-brochure and price list of VW Polo. This will help members/guests to find all info at same place.

Ex-Showroom Prices for DELHI

Petrol

Trendline -
Rs.4,57,000

Comfortline - Rs. 5,08,500

Highline - Rs. 6,04,200

Highline(1.6) - Rs. 6,38,700

Diesel

Trendline - Rs. 5,59,000

Comfortline - Rs.6,10,500

Highline - Rs. 7,06,200
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Polo_ebrochure-compressed.pdf (2.88 MB, 1678 views)
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 19:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

I hope this is apt for this thread but how can 3 variants of a car (all petrol and all diesel) have diff. Weights and Power/Weight and Torque/Weight ratio?!

Following is data for the 1.2 petrol variants :

TL : 1020 kg - 72.51 BHP/ton - 107.84 Nm/ton
CL : 1030 kg - 71.81 BHP/ton - 106.79 Nm/ton
HL : 1055 kg - 70.11 BHP/ton - 104.26 Nm/ton

There is a similar difference for the 1.2 diesel ones.

The only thing CL has, more than TL, is power windows for the rear seats - that accounts for 10kgs?!

What am I missing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Bravo!!! Much needed one. Will keep it saved, since I am bit confused on whether to go for TL or CL.
Going by these sheets, I see absolutely no diff. in TL and CL; except for power windows for rear seats, remote locking and height adjustable driver seat. Is there something more to it?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th July 2011 at 19:17.
Old 5th July 2011, 21:10   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
... how can 3 variants of a car (all petrol and all diesel) have diff. Weights and Power/Weight and Torque/Weight ratio?!
If you look at it, the kerb weight is different, and is higher for higher model. Apart from power windows, the things that add to the weight are upholstery, trim, ICE, speakers, NVH suppressing materials used. etc.. Which might not be mentioned in the list.
Old 5th July 2011, 21:16   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
If you look at it, the kerb weight is different, and is higher for higher model. Apart from power windows, the things that add to the weight are upholstery, trim, ICE, speakers, NVH suppressing materials used. etc.. Which might not be mentioned in the list.
Well, I agree about HL. But, all the features you just mentioned aren't there in either CL or TL.

There are so many other cases where there are tons of variants (eg. Hyundai with their Astas and Magnas); the stats are the same for all similar variants.

Either VW is extremely particular about their data to the tiniest detail or .... I've no clue!

Most Viewed