Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 21:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why Santro Xing AC not effective at low speed ?

So what's the suggestion for this issue on a Santro? Summers have started and I have to stop AC and open windows as AC cooling drops to pathetically low during bumper to bumper traffic .
Old 20th April 2013, 00:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
So what's the suggestion for this issue on a Santro? Summers have started and I have to stop AC and open windows as AC cooling drops to pathetically low during bumper to bumper traffic .
I experienced this Issue few years back but since then I started doing two steps and don't feel this much pain in cooling as you all have mentioned

1).A.C.Gas (refrigerant) Checked every year. mostly it doesn't needs top up but get it checked to be on safer side.

2). Wash the condenser with running water spray every week or 10 days.

A cleaner condenser will give you very efficient cooling as its the first thing to catch the dust, debris, whatever comes towars your moving car.
Better to wash it regularly and have better cooling.

Those who don't know exactly where this is, Its in front of Radiator or you can see it first thing when you look inside bumper from front of the car.

Also on very dry season, I splash some water into condenser from front bumber and cooling improves surprisingly.

Friends sometimes call me "Mechanic" but as long as my car is cool I ignore those comments with a smile.

Doing this since last 2-3 years and since then no complains about cooling in my santro.
Old 24th April 2013, 18:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi,
I think this is a very common problem with 5+yr old Santro cars.
I faced similar issue last summer. Just got the refrigerant levels topped up. The service guy also used some fluid during topup. Paid about 1k and AC is effective since then.as good as new.
Hope it helps.
Old 27th February 2014, 22:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
True but on the first part I beg to differ. This is not true for Alto even with the 800 cc engine. It cools well even in idle, at signals, and the real problem is the lack of power of the engine to move swiftly once the signal clears.
I couldn't agree more. Yup, once the car is warmed up, the AC cools the car very much effectively. May be the smaller size of the compressor or the smaller engine capacity has got to do something with it. With the AC switched ON, lag in the pickup is very much pronounced too. It takes forever to climb speed. However, the performance of the AC takes a dip if the car is parked on sun, and it takes real long to get the interiors cooled, in my case. I don't know know if its just my car, or if it is common with the model.

Any specific coolant brands that works well for the Santro?
Old 28th February 2014, 12:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

The coolants started out initially as antifreeze liquids evolved to also act as corrosion inhibitors with the advent of the all aluminium engines. These coolants are mainly glycol based and therefore any coolant is OK. But what is more important is the concentration level, which is to be necessarily maintained as specified by the coolant manufacturer..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks