Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 14:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

What's this warning light?

My father-in-law's Zen Estillo (2008 vintage) recently had a battery conk-off - he got his OEM battery replaced with an Amaron battery. Ever since (or so he thinks - but the correlation might not be correct) there is a warning light (red) on the dashboard of his car to the right side of the steering column.

Does anyone know what this light is trying to tell him? He'd also like to know what the switch next to it is. There is no mention of the light or the switch in the owner's manual.

This pic is from a mobile camera and hence might not be very clear. The location of the red light is circled.
Attached Thumbnails
What's this warning light?-20110708_001.jpg  

Last edited by binand : 9th July 2011 at 14:14.
Old 9th July 2011, 14:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What's this warning light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Does anyone know what this light is trying to tell him? He'd also like to know what the switch next to it is
IIRC, the light is related to the car security alarm sensitivity. ie, you can can set the sensitivity of the alarm for sounding, if anything heavy passes nearby, or to touch sensitivity, or the least to sound only while opening the door. I think this light tells us the level of sensitivity.

Maybe after replacing the battery, the settings have gone kaput?. Is there any change in alarm sounding/security after replacing the battery?
Old 9th July 2011, 15:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

That light should not be on. It being on means that there is something wrong with the security system. You would have got a Nippon user manual with the car for the security system. Look up in that manual or contact your Maruti service centre.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 15:09   #4
BHPian

The light is for security system. Lit up when active. The switch beside is for fog lamps. (basically after market fog lamp). The left side of 'alarm' is to house OVRMs switch (VXI version)

Last edited by nomadabhi : 9th July 2011 at 15:11. Reason: additional information
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 15:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

It is probably related to the battery. Maybe it's been reset and the settings need to be adjusted again.
Old 9th July 2011, 15:45   #6
BHPian

I also had this query, about a friends 2005 esteem, in which on driving one day the console lights, blower, stereo everything went off. It was detected to a blown fuse and it was replaced. After the replacement, the ecu or engine management indicator on the dash keeps on blinking at least 1k has been travelled but it just keeps on blinking. What can be the reason ? Any good knowledgeable and reasonable mechanic in S. Mumbai ?
Old 9th July 2011, 15:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hlight=vitesse

Your best bet!
Old 9th July 2011, 15:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Usually this light would mean that the vehicle is 'armed' , which means secure ready. This happens when either the panic button is pressed on the remote or when the car is locked when you alight. You may need to undergo some steps like switching on and off, the ignition for a certain number of times to get rid of this. Please contact your local dealer or read your owner's manual. That should solve the problem. I doubt it is battery related, though you may want to explore that option also.
Old 9th July 2011, 19:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Usually this light would mean that the vehicle is 'armed' , which means secure ready. This happens when either the panic button is pressed on the remote or when the car is locked when you alight. You may need to undergo some steps like switching on and off, the ignition for a certain number of times to get rid of this. Please contact your local dealer or read your owner's manual. That should solve the problem. I doubt it is battery related, though you may want to explore that option also.
Thanks for all the pointers, folks. I will tell my father-in-law to get the security system checked. He was looking only in the Maruti owner's manual, so did not find any reference to this light. Also, he took the car to the Maruti place on Old Airport Road in Bangalore (the one across the road and between Total and Pizza Hut) but they told him it is absolutely normal, he must not have noticed it in the past.
Old 9th July 2011, 21:06   #10
BHPian

I have a similar Maruti Nippon security system in my Waggie. The light blinks continuously when the car has been locked using the supplied remote. This is not a malfunction, the system is designed like that.
Old 11th July 2011, 09:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
I have a similar Maruti Nippon security system in my Waggie. The light blinks continuously when the car has been locked using the supplied remote. This is not a malfunction, the system is designed like that.
In the present case, the light stays on (not blinking) all the time irrespective of the status of the central locking system. I have asked my f-i-l to take it to the service center once again - a different one, this time. :-)
Old 11th July 2011, 18:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks for all the pointers, folks. I will tell my father-in-law to get the security system checked. He was looking only in the Maruti owner's manual, so did not find any reference to this light. Also, he took the car to the Maruti place on Old Airport Road in Bangalore (the one across the road and between Total and Pizza Hut) but they told him it is absolutely normal, he must not have noticed it in the past.

You wont find this info in the Maruti manual, look for a seperate manual 'Nippon', it has the info. The same light shows up in my Astar, this would indicate that when u lock or unlock the car, the lights would flash but wont hear any 'tweets' sounds and when the light is off I can hear the tweets and see the flashes of indicator lights on locking unlocking.

I had to disable the 'tweets' sounds because kids would on purpose throw a football at my car to blow the horn. Or burst crackers in diwali , twist my orvms, hit a plastic ball..(complained to their parents and issue is resolved)... do wat not as this technology amazes them, ... so I only keep the beeps on when outdoors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks