Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2006, 23:18   #16
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Ram it is possible to do a 180/360 on any FWD car .. All u need to do is acheive good speeds , jack the handbrake and turn .. A slippery/wet surface certainly will help in this case .. So u not believing that a few of us have done it ???? *wakey wakey* .. Been there done that !!!!!
OK. I understand that you skidded! That's very different from drawing a powered 360-degree circular donut with your tires.

Quote:
And coming to the point of being able to do donuts only on powerful RWD/4WD cars , i must say that i know a friend of mine whose done plenty of donuts in his CONTI(yes a contessa) .. Just a matter of time before i see it ..
My friend, please be aware that a CONTI(yes a contessa) is a rear-wheel-drive car, like big Mercedes and BMW cars and quite capable of doing powered donuts.

It is in a different category from the Elantras, Octavias and Superbs, which are just economy front-wheel-drives, overpriced in India.
Old 11th February 2006, 23:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
I had mentioned that the terrian was muddy. It is common knowledge that this type of terrain is very good for skidding.
And its uncommon knowledge that a soft muddy surface is also perfect for hiding that one rock thats just above the ground, that might clip your tire and do some damage or give you a turn on a different axis!

Quote:
Take a car on to a muddy surface. High revv it and get it to speeds around 40, press clutch, flick the steering wheel in intended direction of skid, and split sec later pull up your handbrake while leaving the accel pedal. Release handbrake, dump clutch and accel high into skid. Straighten steering wheel slightly before repeating the above.
Hey Alok,
this is the cause for the "impossible" tone of ram's post. What you are refering to is NOT a donut. (as you made clear in your last post though)

cya
R
Old 11th February 2006, 23:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

tsreekaranrao,

Also check out these threads on wheelspins for more information -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...heelspins.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...eelspin-t.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-burnouts.html

Thread moved to Technical Stuff
cya
R
Old 11th February 2006, 23:47   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
OK. I understand that you skidded! That's very different from drawing a powered 360-degree circular donut with your tires.

My friend, please be aware that a CONTI(yes a contessa) is a rear-wheel-drive car, like big Mercedes and BMW cars and quite capable of doing powered donuts.

It is in a different category from the Elantras, Octavias and Superbs, which are just economy front-wheel-drives, overpriced in India.
Dont u get it ??? Right from post 1 we are saying 180/360 spin not a donut .. Is it that hard to understand ???

Yes i do know tht the conti is a RWD but certainly not as powerful as u made it out to be ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaan
And its uncommon knowledge that a soft muddy surface is also perfect for hiding that one rock thats just above the ground, that might clip your tire and do some damage or give you a turn on a different axis!
Oh comeon rehaan .. Its common knowledge that roads are filled with danger .. Someone or the other might ram into u at any give point without a warning .. Does that mean u stop driving/ riding too ????
Old 12th February 2006, 00:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

What abt burnouts?? You have to use the clutch, handbrake, brakes everytin!
Old 12th February 2006, 00:04   #21
BHPian

Hey you can do a 360 with a FWD......But u have to be going very fast.
Or the road is very slippery.
BUT.........U need to keep ur feet off the brake and turn to the opposite direction as soon as u come out of the 180 degree turn.
Old 12th February 2006, 00:13   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
What abt burnouts?? You have to use the clutch, handbrake, brakes everytin!
If ur talking about standing burnouts , then not possible in FWD's unless its bloody powerful .. A piece of cake on powerful RWDs ...

If ur talking about wheelspins on FWD thats quite easy .. Revv the car to insane RPMs and just dump the clutch while continuing to floor the accelarator pedal that is .. And u wheelspin to glory .. However all this ought to be done at ones own risk .. Because standard driveshafts, clutchplates cant bear the excess strain if done repetitively ..
Old 12th February 2006, 18:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

McLaren....

I meant a standstill burnout. It is possible in FWD cars too, but maybe it won't b as successful as in a RWD but it is possible.
Old 12th February 2006, 18:51   #24
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I meant a standstill burnout. It is possible in FWD cars too, but maybe it won't b as successful as in a RWD but it is possible.
Quote:
If ur talking about standing burnouts , then not possible in FWD's unless its BLOODY powerful
hope that clears something.
Also the video that Rehaan posted shows FWD cars (reconfirm!) doing burnouts to the end.
Old 12th February 2006, 19:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

This shows u don't need all that powerful cars to get burnouts in FWD cars.

For more details...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...light=Burnouts
Old 13th February 2006, 00:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Buy a Fiat 1100 for 4k, do whatever you want!
Old 13th February 2006, 00:31   #27
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Great.... I have a WagonR... I don't think it can do burn-outs... unless the surface is too slipery/or wet.... which looks like the case in the santro pic.

(but I am not willing to try)
Old 13th February 2006, 09:27   #28
BHPian

how is a burnout done on a FWD car ???
Old 13th February 2006, 13:53   #29
BHPian

It can be done in a modified civic...usually num nuts would pull the hand brake and floor it...

As for 360 as in one complete spin you need to travel at more than 70km/h and also the outcome depends on the tarmac you are on.

180s and 90s can easily be done in fwd or rwd cars

90s are called handbrake turns or used in powerslides

Do them often in your family car often and u'll be visitn the workshops on ur weekends for months

burnouts and doughnuts are easily executed in awd cars, i have tried it before in my evo.

As for settin up a car for such stunts, You need a RWD with LSD (Limited Slip Differential) Atleast 200hp, TC engine would be great, A damn good suspension system (Tein + Lowered) ....and get a tire sponsor!

I have seen cars that cant go past 100km in a straight line cause they will start drifitng at that speeds due to the setup

You can have a basic setup with these parts

2 way LSD
coilivers
Rear springs
shocks (4)
front strut bar
camber plates
Lateral rod
and stripped interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsreekaranrao
how is a burnout done on a FWD car ???
Old 13th February 2006, 13:55   #30
BHPian

And as for launchin with autos...dun bother steppin on the brakes and revving...just put it in neutral and rev to an optimal range and shift to 1 or d...ofcourse ur gearbox will commit suicide in a few weeks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks