Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 17:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.

IMP : Please list out any errors in the following sheet; your contribution will greatly help the community, other BHPians & guests. You can point out corrections on this thread itself. Thank you!

Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List-outlanderspecs.jpg

Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List-outlanderfeat.jpg
Stratos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 17:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List

I am uploading e-brochure and price list of Mitsubishi Outlander. This will help members/guests to find all info at same place.

Ex-Showroom Prices for DELHI

Outlander - Rs. 20,25,000
Attached Files
File Type: zip Outlander 2010 Brochure.zip (2.23 MB, 1522 views)
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:13   #3
BHPian

Desperate times indeed call for desperate measures and the new Chrome Edition of the Mitsubishi Outlander is just that. With sales dropping faster then most people can blink, HM-Mitsubishi have launched the limited Edition Chrome Outlander which gets protective side mounldings, side airdam, rear spoiler, blue coloured floor illumination, chrome plated outside rear view mirrors and a roof mounted DVD player with screen. The Mitsubishi Outlander is not a bad vehicle at all but is powered by a petrol engine, which most people prefer to avoid. We are not certain what is stopping the Japanese automaker from launching a diesel motor in the Outlander? Perhaps, HM!

The Mitsubishi Outlander is powered by a 2.4-liter MIVEC 4B12 motor which produces 170 PS of power at 6000 RPM and 226 Nm of torque at 4100 RPM. Mated to a 6-speed CVT gearbox, with paddle shifts. The Outlander costs Rs. 25.17 lakhs (on-road, Mumbai). The Outlander has a top speed of 190 kmph and has 4-wheel drive system as standard.

Source: Mitsubishi Outlander Chrome Edition Launched | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:16   #4
BHPian

Couple of images of the changes that have been made to Outlander
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List-mitsubishi_outlander_chrome_edition.jpg  

Mitsubishi Outlander - Technical Specifications & Feature List-outlander_chrome_limited_edition.jpg  

Old 19th March 2016, 15:27   #5
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone have a view on how easy it would be to maintain an outlander? I'm getting some 2010 / 2011 models with 50 - 65k kms on the ODO and was vaguely interested in picking up one.

If I buy it I'd like to keep it for 2.5 - 3.5 years. Any concerns with owning a 2010 / 11 model with that kind of ownership outlook?

Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 16:10   #6
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone have a view on how easy it would be to maintain an outlander? I'm getting some 2010 / 2011 models with 50 - 65k kms on the ODO and was vaguely interested in picking up one.

If I buy it I'd like to keep it for 2.5 - 3.5 years. Any concerns with owning a 2010 / 11 model with that kind of ownership outlook?

Thanks
The Mitsubishi Outlander is a trouble free machine like other japanese automobiles. A very comfortable and capable machine.

A friend had the outlander for 3-4 years crossing the 50-60k kms mark, no rattles in the car and everything in the car was stock including the brake pads. I have extensively driven the same car in the city and really long drives to bad roads in Himachal Pradesh and i was really impressed with the car.

Servicing was an issue in between since they were no authorized dealers in Mumbai, but last i heard couple of service stations have come up in the city.

Servicing costs arent too steep and can be serviced at any nice friendly neighbourhood garage too.

The only negative is the fuel economy. 5-7kmpl is what you get when driven in city limits.

Check a car which has all the service history and buy it eyes closed. They are going very cheap now which makes it a fantastic deal.
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 21:16   #7
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Are there any independent mechanics in Bangalore who can service an Outlander? SVR motors are good but their quotes are on the higher side and need to take a second opinion on a couple of things.

Thanks!
Old 29th July 2017, 17:43   #8
BHPian

Hi,
Sorry for opening up an old thread. I was smitten by the Outlander since the beginning but unfortunately by the time I was in a position to buy, it was discontinued.

I have come across a very well kept 2010 model, sparingly used. Is there any service centres who can service the Outlander and how is the spares availability? Also, any known issues with the transmission and AWD mechatronics? How reliable are they?
Old 20th June 2018, 12:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Hi,
Sorry for opening up an old thread. I was smitten by the Outlander since the beginning but unfortunately by the time I was in a position to buy, it was discontinued.

I have come across a very well kept 2010 model, sparingly used. Is there any service centres who can service the Outlander and how is the spares availability? Also, any known issues with the transmission and AWD mechatronics? How reliable are they?
Sorry for the late late reply but still posting in case its of use to someone . I picked a used outlander in 2014 and four years hence, its been an absolute joy. Not one issue with the car (which is now 7 yrs old btw) Normal servicing cost range between 6-8K in sservice centers. The one big expense was when the CVT oil had to be changed - total svc cost was 20K i think. But thats a one time replacement during the life of the car. Clocking 86K on the odo presently and zero trouble. Also, a new one is just being launched.
Old 29th March 2019, 12:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Can someone help me with a parts manual for the 2009 model? And any place to source genuine OEM spares?
Old 29th March 2019, 13:57   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Can someone help me with a parts manual for the 2009 model? And any place to source genuine OEM spares?
Thanks to Bichu for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I had professionally worked in the spare parts business for Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Kia and FCA in the Middle East and had used this particular website for parts catalog referencing. It’s very good for parts of global models and some Indian-made cars too (like Hyundai).

I can vouch for the accuracy of this site.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2019 at 15:40.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed