Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sluggish response from i20 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Because you said .To confirm it's not an illusion, if the other car reacts the same- it is an illusion, if it does not- there is something wrong.
Ok Anshuman,will TD another i20 diesel if the SA allows me when i take it for serivce and check the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Sagarpadaki : The issue your experiencing is an exact replica of what I encountered sometime ago mentioned in one of my posts , changing to Synthetic will definitely not degrade performance in any way and 12k kms is way less for such issues to occur in my opinion.

I was frantic when I noticed the Turbo kick/Performance go down and raised this with MASS which was ignored.

Though the Air filter was checked MASS technician felt that there was no issues even though I knew for myself that the performance had dropped.

The only thing that I could think of was Adulterated Diesel, hence to narrow down to the actual cause I added IFTEX System D to the existing Diesel that was being consumed,

System D brought back the Turbo Kick/Performance though not as before but this test was enough to prove that it was the quality of Diesel that was the cause.

Consumed the adulterated Diesel somehow and finally changed the Diesel Bunk , touch wood until today the Turbo Kick/Performance has returned just like Day 1

Dont panic ( I know I freaked out when this happened ) .. try this test , it worked for me should rule out Fuel adulteration.
Yes,my issue is exactly the same! Even i have refilled from two different petrol pumps for for the last two times.Will fill diesel from my regular pump .But the problem is i just tanked up 45 litres last weekend,so have to wait for it to get consumed :(

So guys,shall i wait for the current diesel to get over and fill a fresh load from my regular pump and check for any improvements or take it to HASS right away?
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So guys,shall i wait for the current diesel to get over and fill a fresh load from my regular pump and check for any improvements or take it to HASS right away?
Add IFTEX System D mate and you should get your answer almost instantly , the quantity to dispense should be 1ml per litre and the bottle if I remember right contains 250ml and will cost you 250Rs.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:14   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Add IFTEX System D mate and you should get your answer almost instantly , the quantity to dispense should be 1ml per litre and the bottle if I remember right contains 250ml and will cost you 250Rs.

Thanks mate.Where will i get this System D?
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:15   #19
BHPian

Are you using Premium Diesel by any chance, then switch to IOC regular diesel. There was a performance loss when I was using Xtra Mile continuously in my Verna and after one or two tank fulls of regular diesel, the performance (turbo kick) came back.

Last edited by Prass : 3rd August 2011 at 15:17.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do not add additives w/o checking what your manual says. Figo TDCi manual categorically asks not to add any additive to the plain diesel that we should be using.

Your issue could be due to bad fuel or may be using a Premium diesel. So just wait until you go for a refuel and use normal diesel from a reputed/COCO pump. Clutch squealing could also be due to your foot wear rubbing against the pedals.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:46   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Are you using Premium Diesel by any chance, then switch to IOC regular diesel. There was a performance loss when I was using Xtra Mile continuously in my Verna and after one or two tank fulls of regular diesel, the performance (turbo kick) came back.
I was using premium diesel since day 1.But stopped it since the car clocked 9K kms.I used to tank up with Xtra Mile for the first 10K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Do not add additives w/o checking what your manual says. Figo TDCi manual categorically asks not to add any additive to the plain diesel that we should be using.

Your issue could be due to bad fuel or may be using a Premium diesel. So just wait until you go for a refuel and use normal diesel from a reputed/COCO pump. Clutch squealing could also be due to your foot wear rubbing against the pedals.

There is no mention about the use of additives in user manual.And i checked the clutch with bare foot
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate.Where will i get this System D?
If you are currently using regular Diesel then you can test out with IFTEX System D , I got mine from an IOC bunk.

FYI...

http://www.iftex.com/cleansysd.htm

Last edited by Peter : 3rd August 2011 at 15:56. Reason: Amended content
Old 4th August 2011, 01:50   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I have heard fuel pumps gone kaput, on cars using premium fuel regularly. I would not recommend that. Tank up one tank full in.. say after every three tank fulls.
Old 7th August 2011, 22:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Faced a renewed clutch noise yesterday. Apparently when the vehicle is sufficiently warmed up there is a "khat" noise from the bonnet whenever the clutch is depressed.I cant pin point the exact location of this noise even with open bonnet because of the engine clatter.This noise is very prominent and can be heard even with bonnet down.The clutch pedal squeaking persists.

Pointers on what could be the problem?
Old 7th August 2011, 22:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sagar
How many kms have you done after the last fuel filter change ?
Old 8th August 2011, 11:06   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sagar
How many kms have you done after the last fuel filter change ?

Fuel filter is not changed at all since car has done 12K only.Is it someway related to "Khat" sound when i depress the clutch?
Old 8th August 2011, 12:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fuel filter is not changed at all since car has done 12K only.Is it someway related to "Khat" sound when i depress the clutch?
Get the Fuel filter changed, the slugishness could be due to a clogged fuel filter.

What is the fuel filter change interval for i20 ?? AFAIK, it has to be changed every 10k kms.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Please refer owner's manual before using any kind of additives or Premium diesel in your CRDI, most manufacturers recommend to stay away from them. Some mechanics may even suggest adding a bit of Engine Oil to Diesel to lubricate internal components of fuel pump, please avoid this, this may have worked for older non CRDi engine, here you may end up choking expensive parts like Injectors or fuel pump.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

PROBLEM SOLVED

The culprit was bad diesel.Filled up at my regular pump with Xtra mile.The performance is back as before after driving some 100 kms with new stock of diesel.Maybe it took some time for the adulterated one to lose its bad effect.

Thanks everyone for the valuable suggestions.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 00:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Those initial 9k kms on premium diesel might have left some amount of clogging behind. And hence the sluggish performance.
Anyways good that you are happy with the performance but next time if there are issues do check out that clogging aspect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks