Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2006, 11:23   #16
BHPian

it seems to do with exhaust gasses getting choked up and a misfire/ jerking. more to do with timing side. hot cold settings.
Old 4th July 2006, 11:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_c
I reconnected it's spark plug cable after ensuring that it was indeed getting power (by allowing the free end of the cable to spark against the engine block), then started fidgeting with the fuel injector connector and viola !
Just a small precaution do not at any cost check the spark on the engine block on a MPFI vehicle keep the lead about half an inch away from the top of the spark plug to check if it sparks.

Checking the spark on the engine block could lead to a fried ECU.
Old 8th July 2006, 22:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Got the resent car back today, and the jerking problem they claimed was because moisture had affected the ECU. The problem is now solved...but I am still not satisfied. What was the problem you guys were told?
Old 11th June 2012, 14:58   #19
BHPian

Re: Engine jerk/glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Got the resent car back today, and the jerking problem they claimed was because moisture had affected the ECU. The problem is now solved...but I am still not satisfied. What was the problem you guys were told?
Did you get to know what the issue really was?
Old 13th June 2012, 22:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek_ch View Post
Did you get to know what the issue really was?
Unfortunately, never did. We still have the car (the post is from 6 years ago!!) and believe me, a bit of jerking is the least of my worries about it right now!
Do you also have a petrol Indixx car ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 09:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Unfortunately, never did. We still have the car (the post is from 6 years ago!!) and believe me, a bit of jerking is the least of my worries about it right now!
Do you also have a petrol Indixx car ?
Have a Swift VXi 2006. The jerk and drag is its "Achilles Heel". Does not get resolved whatsoever!
Old 14th June 2012, 13:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have a Swift VXi 2006. The jerk and drag is its "Achilles Heel". Does not get resolved whatsoever!
Like I said earlier, you are smoking some serious stuff these days. Get rid of it. The 1st time we drove your car yes there was a problem with the clutch play. Right now you sure are hallucinating, that said I don't drive your car on a daily basis but from the last drive it was perfectly fine.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 22:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Like I said earlier, you are smoking some serious stuff these days. Get rid of it. The 1st time we drove your car yes there was a problem with the clutch play. Right now you sure are hallucinating, that said I don't drive your car on a daily basis but from the last drive it was perfectly fine.
Riju. No man its not hallucination. Just as I was explaining to you the other day, the thing shows up after driving for about 15-20 mins. To be absolutely precise, when I start from office its round about at Marathalli that the symptoms show up. So what happens is, I am not able to reproduce the issue on the fly. Thats my Achilles Heel.
Old 19th June 2012, 11:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
the thing shows up after driving for about 15-20 mins
Those are the worse kind of problems. You can't show it to the guys at the service center because the car would have been sitting in their parking lot (assuming you're like me and want to be one of the first ones in the morning) for about a half hour and by the everything settles down.

BTW, I've got some unusual noises that seem to be coming from the rear of the car but couldn't get MASS to figure it out and an independent mechanic says it is due to the timing. Does anyone know of a good place to get a Peugeot TUD5 checked in Hyderabad, preferably close to Jubilee Hills?
Old 10th December 2015, 13:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hello, I noticed a peculiar thing with the Etios Petrol that we own. As I revved the engine while stationary, the engine gave a jerk/(slight)jolt as the car revved past 4k rpm. I repeated the action and I continued to feel the jerk/jolt at the same point. One more thing the jerk/jolt decreased as I kept revving..but can still be felt. Can someone tell me what could be the reason?

Most Viewed