Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 12:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Does ABS result in much faster Worn-Out Disc pads ?

Well, I just had the 30K service done on my E-pack MJD Punto. Just a couple of days before service, the L/F brake had started groaning badly. There wasn't any degenration in braking performance but there was a slight vibration too. I didn't want to take any chances and hence, asked him to change the pads. Also got disc skimming done. Was that the right move?
Old 8th September 2011, 13:16   #47
BHPian

The brake pads usually have a service life of ~25,000 km but can last longer depending upon the driving characteristics.

If the pads are not changed even after the squeeking noise starts, then drum/brake disc damage is sure to happen which can only be rectified by maching on the lathe.

Hence get the pads replaced when SA advices, as I had got done on the Altis last month after 20,000 km.

Good quality pads are available from the spares market at very competetive prices and any good mechanic can replace them.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:22   #48
BHPian

I renewed the brake pads of my ANHC AT last week when I took my car for 35k service at Hallmark Honda in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. The cost of brake pads was around 3500. But I am not sure what brand Honda guys use.
So, the OEM pads lasted good 35k kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks