Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2012, 10:11   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Thanks ! I was wondering who amongst the TBHP-ian Vento owners had mentioned a solution involving cleaning the beadings - it was you ! So basically the WD 40 has to be applied to the rubber or the door frame ?
Don't use the red pipe you get with WD-40 ( to get wide solution spray)

Spray on the door frame which was velvet texture . For example for the front door start from ovrm and end till the glass frame ends (just above the locking mechanism)

I'll try to make a video and upload
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 13:35   #377

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Hey everyone....Thanx @sauravc for the brilliant thread. It helps new Vento owners like me. I have a query here. My previous vehicle Chevy Aveo has a engine temperature Cold....Hot indicator dial which is missing in the Vento. Is there anyway to see that in the Vento TDi HL?
Old 27th August 2012, 02:13   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goXrive View Post
Hey everyone....Thanx @sauravc for the brilliant thread. It helps new Vento owners like me. I have a query here. My previous vehicle Chevy Aveo has a engine temperature Cold....Hot indicator dial which is missing in the Vento. Is there anyway to see that in the Vento TDi HL?
No there is no engine temp indicator in Vento - in case of overheating there is a coil indicator which would glow in the instrument panel
Old 17th September 2012, 18:20   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Just for a knowledge basis - anyone aware where is the fusebox / fuses in the car? Do update.
Old 17th September 2012, 19:26   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Just for a knowledge basis - anyone aware where is the fusebox / fuses in the car? Do update.
Just above the battery under a cover.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 23:17   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
There is on panel below steering column
Old 24th September 2012, 00:57   #382
BHPian

I don't know if anyone knows this and it has been reported here.

On 2012 Highline Vento's (with steering mounted controls), you can cycle through the available media player sources (CD, Radio, USB, etc) by pressing and holding the "Phone/BT" key for about 2 seconds a time.

ie. If you are on radio, pressing and holding the key for 2 seconds will cycle you to the next source - CD, USB, etc.
pillainp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 08:22   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp

On 2012 Highline Vento's (with steering mounted controls), you can cycle through the available media player sources (CD, Radio, USB, etc) by pressing and holding the "Phone/BT" key for about 2 seconds a time.

ie. If you are on radio, pressing and holding the key for 2 seconds will cycle you to the next source - CD, USB, etc.
I have the same model but doesn't work for me :( is it new sw version? What is your month of manufacture?
Old 24th September 2012, 18:44   #384
BHPian

Mine is January 2012.

Now I wonder if it only works with third party Head Units.

I am using a Kenwood 4038BT, and it works exactly as stated above.

Also, I can start and end calls using the phone button.

Seeing that, I thought it would work with the OE RCD-310 (is that what you have?).
Old 24th September 2012, 18:55   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp
Mine is January 2012.

Now I wonder if it only works with third party Head Units.

I am using a Kenwood 4038BT, and it works exactly as stated above.

Also, I can start and end calls using the phone button.

Seeing that, I thought it would work with the OE RCD-310 (is that what you have?).
Yes I have the oe 310. How much did your 4038 cost? It had a build in steering interface or you had to buy PAC interface?
Old 24th September 2012, 19:03   #386
BHPian

I got the 4038BT for 31K from our Jerish. The PAC interface and antenna interface had to be purchased and installed separately.

BTW, the new Vento's (at least mine) come with a single connector cluster, instead of the twin connectors on previous versions, so a new type interface connector is required.
Old 30th September 2012, 18:41   #387
BHPian

Well, Ive been head scratching a lot to find out if other owners had similar problems and must say that its indeed a quality problem as so many have complaint of this irritating door rattling. I had one for a long time and hammered the service advisers and they duly applied the lubricants etc and it cured the problem for just 2 weeks and its back again , on any road other than smooth the noise appears again and again.

I will take the car back once again and get it redone and if it doesn't work then i better get some nice music numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta View Post
When I had complained of this problem to Service center they applied some lubricant to all door beadings. The noise has surely reduced, however its still heard at times :(

It seems they do not have another solution for this issue.
Old 7th October 2012, 09:55   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
I have the same model but doesn't work for me :( is it new sw version? What is your month of manufacture?
Mine is Feb 2012 manufactured but the above feature does not work for me also. Does it require some kind of software upgrade?
Old 15th November 2012, 18:42   #389
BHPian

Not sure if this is discussed earlier.

Vento (or the TDI) is tuned for adaptive idling RPM to make it more forgiving. The idling for 1.6 CLNA TDI is 800 rpm (when standing still and in neutral or clutch depressed). But moment the car is moving (or in motion) and then slotted in Neutral or clutch depressed, the idling is at 900 rpm.

To experience this uou could do the following ( Do not try in closed/traffic place)

1. Start the car (keep it in neutral) - observe the rpm - should be at 800 rpm
2. Slot it 1st gear, make the car move, once the car is in motion slot it to neutral and release the accelerator . You will observe, the idling is at 900 rpm (higher than when stand still)
3. Brake and stop the car, you will see the idling drop back to 800.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 08:59   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento owners with the refreshed version (RCD 310 player, steering controls, usb) - you can connect your mobiles and use it as a usb drive; just connect your (mobile's) usb cord to the player's usb cord, and the phone gets detected as a pen drive!

Works like a charm for my android mobile; will test BB & Apple phones later to see if this method works with them too.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks