Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 12:49   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post
Nevertheless, in my case, the indicator lights are not turned on. The car’s ignition is OFF and what happens is ONLY 1 of the Parking light remains on. The other parking light is off. I have noticed this in couple of occasions.
Could you try this again. As Ninja as stated seems something different you are seeing, maybe an undiscovered feature or something defective.

Does the normal situation as indicated by Ninja work?

Cheers!
Old 11th December 2012, 19:10   #422
BHPian

As far as my knowledge goes parking lights on one side can be turned on as follows- Just turn the park lights ON first. Then use the indicator stalk. Switch off the park lights. Parking lights stay on only the corresponding side of the indicator stalk. All the dashboard lights except the one on the light switch will be turned off (saving energy too).
Old 12th December 2012, 09:01   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
As far as my knowledge goes parking lights on one side can be turned on as follows- Just turn the park lights ON first. Then use the indicator stalk. Switch off the park lights. Parking lights stay on only the corresponding side of the indicator stalk. All the dashboard lights except the one on the light switch will be turned off (saving energy too).

This is what Ninja and I had explained but Mighty_Lothar is getting something different. Seems more of a defect.

Cheers!
Old 12th December 2012, 09:33   #424
BHPian

Hi Volkman10/Ningatalli/Supersport,

I tried my level best to reproduce this issue but vain. However, I am sure in my case, indicator lights are not in the picture at all. When I notice it next time, I will try to figure out what is going wrong since I have some fine inputs from you guys.

Ningatalli,

If things go well, I am planning to gear up my Vento’s competence with a KIIRUS remap. And yeah, I am a BIG FAN of Mandrake and LOTHAR and hence the epithet is.

LOTHAR
Old 12th December 2012, 15:02   #425
BHPian

Sorry guys, but there is a mistake in my earlier post. Actually you don't have to do anything with the park lights for this function. Just flick the indicator stalk when the car is switched off and the park light stays ON on that side. I was thinking the other way because I had changed my parks to LEDs and sometimes I use them as DTR lamps. I had observed this most of the times when I had the parks on. Now I have to ensure the that the indicator stalk is in the centre position otherwise the lights just stay ON. They should have found some better way of activating this feature. In my Linea this feature works only after switching the parks ON.
Old 26th December 2012, 21:30   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I have the technical documents for the vento (wokshop maintanence manual, Training manuals etc), which had these information. Credit to the member "dingolphie" who provided me these documents, if you want to have a copy, PM me your email address and I shall send it over to you.
hi

I have a Rapid and i suppose the cars share the same mechanicals to a large extent so it would be a great help to have a copy of the manual
Old 26th December 2012, 21:45   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
hi

I have a Rapid and i suppose the cars share the same mechanicals to a large extent so it would be a great help to have a copy of the manual
This should help. Contact @bluevolt if the below link doesn't work.
Rapid Manual

Edit: I don't have the other manuals @bala had mentioned in his post.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th December 2012 at 21:49.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 22:24   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
This should help. Contact @bluevolt if the below link doesn't work.
Rapid Manual

Edit: I don't have the other manuals @bala had mentioned in his post.
hey! thanks for the link but its for the owner's manual. I am looking for the Rapid/Vento's service manual. I think Bala has it, waiting for him to respond
Old 26th December 2012, 22:36   #429
BHPian

Another thing..today i noticed that my rear right power window was not working at all. I panicked a bit and then searched this forum for Bala's post describing how to reset the auto roll function (i remembered having seen it at an earlier point of time ). having read it, i walked to the car but before performing the reset i tried the convenience opening of windows from the key fob and it worked! I got in the car checked the operation from the switches and it was absolutely fine!

I am glad that its working otherwise it would have been an another sleepless night for me. however, I am still wondering what would have been the issue and how it got resolved on its own and if there is actually something wrong! May be i am thinking too much but its little worrying to me. What could have caused such a behaviour?
Old 27th December 2012, 09:10   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Another thing..today i noticed that my rear right power window was not working at all. I panicked a bit and then searched this forum for Bala's post describing how to reset the auto roll function (i remembered having seen it at an earlier point of time ). having read it, i walked to the car but before performing the reset i tried the convenience opening of windows from the key fob and it worked! I got in the car checked the operation from the switches and it was absolutely fine!

I am glad that its working otherwise it would have been an another sleepless night for me. however, I am still wondering what would have been the issue and how it got resolved on its own and if there is actually something wrong! May be i am thinking too much but its little worrying to me. What could have caused such a behaviour?
This is due to dust on the frame. Vw sprays some liquid to ease the stuff. Its due to the anti pinch function i think and maybe a bit too sensitive. Known problem with vws. Next time dont panic. Try it in sometime. Or carry the spray wiht you.
Alisiddiqui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 15:17   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
This is due to dust on the frame. Vw sprays some liquid to ease the stuff. Its due to the anti pinch function i think and maybe a bit too sensitive. Known problem with vws. Next time dont panic. Try it in sometime. Or carry the spray wiht you.
thanks for that info. didnt know it was so sensitive. i will try to keep it more clean
Old 31st December 2012, 22:46   #432
BHPian

Don't remember seeing the following "feature" mentioned:

Applicable for RCD 310 + steering mounted audio controls.

If the mute/pause button is activated using steering mounted audio control, the audio can be unmuted/resumed by turning the volume control knob on the head unit.

Useful for front passenger - he/she can unmute/resume if driver forgets to do so!
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:20   #433
BHPian

Recently during my recent road trip to my hometown in Himachal, I was driving early morning and suddenly got a beep from the MID. It was showing 4 degree Celsius. At first I got confused and worried as it seemed to be a warning or something. When the MID went to normal display, I browsed and checked and yes the temp was showing 4. I think it is a feature built in that if temp drops to 4 deg C, the MID shows a beep.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:28   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Recently during my recent road trip to my hometown in Himachal, I was driving early morning and suddenly got a beep from the MID. It was showing 4 degree Celsius. At first I got confused and worried as it seemed to be a warning or something. When the MID went to normal display, I browsed and checked and yes the temp was showing 4. I think it is a feature built in that if temp drops to 4 deg C, the MID shows a beep.
Not only does it beeps , it even shows a snowflake!
Old 7th January 2013, 10:02   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Not only does it beeps , it even shows a snowflake!
What does it signify though. In Gurgaon today.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130107_095820.png
Views: 4245
Size:  281.7 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks