Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 11:13   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
What does it signify though. In Gurgaon today.

Attachment 1035154

The snowfake usually appears when the weather is really cold, under 4 degrees. As this is an European car ( design) it is meant to warn the driver that it is cold and the roads could be icy. It also turns red when it is extremely cold.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 12:54   #437

Even I noticed the same and agree that its a good feature.

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-imag0926.jpg
Old 14th January 2013, 11:59   #438
BHPian

Quote:
What does it signify though. In Gurgaon today.

Attachment 1035154
Basically its a reminder of slippery conditions that can occur in case of snow.
In my Linea when the temp. drops below 3 , the MID shows "Possibility of ice on road"
Old 1st February 2013, 18:26   #439
BHPian

i dont know if this is covered earlier, but following is a great feature

1. use your hazard lights while driving - for example in foggy situations.
2. while taking a turn or lane changing operation of the turn indicator, the hazard light functions disables itself for the moment the normal indicator is in use (for example, turn right left or lane change etc), and resumes all 4 hazard + internal red triangle light indication the moment the turn/lane change function is completed!

its really a nice touch
Old 1st February 2013, 18:35   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Nice touch maybe but you should NOT be using your hazards while driving in fog. It will disorient the driver behind you and may even cause an accident.

That's what foglamps are for!
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 07:43   #441
BHPian

Another awesome feature- In auto AC mode (without recirculation mode)- the moment you engage reverse gear, the ac turns on the recirculation mode to close all external ducts so that the exhaust fumes are not allowed to enter the cabin. - this closure is not indicated on the AC panel but physically you could hear the ducts closing. You could test it by keeping the fan speed high (Choose HI or LO in ACC auto mode). The moment you hit reverse, the noise will increase from the blower as the ducts are closed and the air flow is more in recirculation mode as no external air is sucked in.

Recirculation mode: when the cabin air is recycled (donated by a symbol of air being recirculated within the cabin on the ACC) - generally this mode removes the "auto" symbol from the display though the ACC is still regulating automatically
newtonMeter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 07:53   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
We're having a discussion on oil change intervals in this thread here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...l-oil-247.html

The question has come up whether there are any cars on Indian roads today that have oil change interval in excess of say 24.000 km. We would like to understand what the Manufacturer says, i.e. what does the manual say?

I've had a VW Passat and Audi some years ago in Europe. I believe the TDI engines you have in your Vento are essentially the same. In Europe these cars have special long life oil that will last up to 30.000 km and the cars tend to be equipped with a "maintenance interval indicator". So the car will tell you when an oil change is due.

Would be much appreciated if a Vento TDI owner could check the manual on oil changes and let us know what it says.

Thanks.

Jeroen
Old 11th April 2013, 03:15   #443
BHPian

Cross posting the door squeaking issue post from the main Vento thread for posterity.

The squeaky door issue seems to exist on all VW group cars, from the Golf to the Passat.

I've read in most places that the squeaks are between the felt lining and the painted surface, as @sauravc rightly diagnosed in his ownership thread and @thoma in his post.

The solution? One of these:
  • Spray WD-40 on the felt lining.
  • Apply petroleum jelly to the felt lining.
  • Any other lubricant on the felt (which does not spoil your hands every time you open the doors!)
  • Clean and wipe the door gaps everyday
  • Apply carnauba wax to the painted surface that comes in contact with the felt.
  • Stick some felt tape on the painted surface that comes in contact with the felt lining -
nileshch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 23:56   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
My car has been not driven for more than a week. Today when i switched on the car I am seeing 'Battery low' message on the stock head unit( not on MID).Is this indicating the master battery status?Has any one noticed this?
Yes, i experienced this once when my car was in the workshop for nearly 2 months
However, nothing major to worry since it will catch up when you run the car often.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:13   #445
BHPian

As many of you must have followed, the battery of my Vento died yesterday. It lived for 2 years and 2 months. Today I took it to the service center, after getting it started with a "Dhakka"

The battery is surely the heart of this car, these are the observations while driving it with a totally drained battery

- I had tank full of diesel, but I guess due to no battery the sensor kept giving me low fuel warning. which was later confirmed by the service Adviser as well
- The speedo meter wasn't working
- None of the readings in the MID were coming
- The time shown in the MID was reset
- Thankfully the brakes etc was working
- ABS was working, I took urgent brake on a lonely road to confirm
- The sensor for power steering was not behaving fine, the steering was as light as a feather, and at 40 km/hr speed I felt as if I wasn't holding anything, scary it was!
- Climate Control was working fine
- the auto lock etc features were reset and he needs to activate them again
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 13:09   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
As many of you must have followed, the battery of my Vento died yesterday. It lived for 2 years and 2 months. Today I took it to the service center, after getting it started with a "Dhakka"

The battery is surely the heart of this car, these are the observations while driving it with a totally drained battery

- I had tank full of diesel, but I guess due to no battery the sensor kept giving me low fuel warning. which was later confirmed by the service Adviser as well
- The speedo meter wasn't working
- None of the readings in the MID were coming
- The time shown in the MID was reset
- Thankfully the brakes etc was working
- ABS was working, I took urgent brake on a lonely road to confirm
- The sensor for power steering was not behaving fine, the steering was as light as a feather, and at 40 km/hr speed I felt as if I wasn't holding anything, scary it was!
- Climate Control was working fine
- the auto lock etc features were reset and he needs to activate them again
Did u get any warning signals which may indicate changing a little before it dies on you. It appears to be a painful exercise to get things reset after just a battery charge, and also the scary ride you got. Mine being automatic, wonder if can be started with a push or not. So would want to change a little early only and some indication will surely help. My polo alternately has done more than 2.5 years and had not asked for a change until now.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:55   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Did u get any warning signals which may indicate changing a little before it dies on you. It appears to be a painful exercise to get things reset after just a battery charge, and also the scary ride you got. Mine being automatic, wonder if can be started with a push or not. So would want to change a little early only and some indication will surely help. My polo alternately has done more than 2.5 years and had not asked for a change until now.
There is no warning signal built in the instrument panel. However the maintenance free Exide battery that the Vento comes with have a small light, if that lights up, means that the battery needs maintenance. But for that, you would need to open the hood and check regularly.
Old 7th May 2013, 14:03   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
What did the battery cost you? I heard the battery type for Rapid and Vento costs around 9-10k to replace.
Old 7th May 2013, 14:06   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

What did the battery cost you? I heard the battery type for Rapid and Vento costs around 9-10k to replace.
If it costs 9-10k from ASS, rather why not buy it from a battery dealer and save some $$.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:52   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
If it costs 9-10k from ASS, rather why not buy it from a battery dealer and save some $$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Costed me INR 7072/- with software updation the entire thing costed me INR 7344/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks