Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 17:00   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
And so I thought this is a discovered feature-less; and not discussed earlier in this thread, as per my search. I didn't want another user to overlook this.
Again it was a suggestion - but to revert to your point, then there are so many features & so many things this car doesn't do (including the lullaby & jig ) - obviously it's not necessary to point out such cases here.

Btw that suggestion was to one and all - last few pages are of general discussion and almost nil features/discoveries. Earlier a post out here used to be mean something new about this car that one didn't know. Now it's just queries and random discussions that should ideally belong to the Vento thread than here. If someone could point out a workaround to provide a solution to what you want, then that should be on this thread. But then I'm nitpicking.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd July 2013 at 17:02.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:26   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
  • If I switch off the car with the indicator(s) on, the light remains on (for ever if you leave the car unused). Again no change in the horn/lights to indicate the same. And again, I am guilty of doing the same, but thankfully only for a few hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Strange, mine doesn't.
If the indicator stalk is engaged to either side, the indicator blinks when ignition is on. If the indicator is engaged, and key is removed, the front & back parking light of the relevant side glows, and the car indicates this with 3-4 chimes as the keys is removed. (I'm unsure which is the trigger : key removal or off position)
Old 6th August 2013, 14:05   #468
BHPian

An APP for Remote control of the music system.

I am sure as many of you must have discovered this, albeit was never told by the sales person. I think the ones i spoke to don't know about it.

There is a app for the remote control of the RCD 320 in iOS (not checked android, should be there) called ' VW Radio'. It allows you complete control of the media player from your phone. No wonder they don't include a remote control for the music system, its actually pretty good. Will post snapshots of the app from the phone later.

I dont know if it works with the older versions of music systems, but some one should try it who has RCD310 and older with bluetooth connectivity.
click is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 15:05   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post

I am sure as many of you must have discovered this, albeit was never told by the sales person. I think the ones i spoke to don't know about it.

There is a app for the remote control of the RCD 320 in iOS (not checked android, should be there) called ' VW Radio'. It allows you complete control of the media player from your phone. No wonder they don't include a remote control for the music system, its actually pretty good. Will post snapshots of the app from the phone later.

I dont know if it works with the older versions of music systems, but some one should try it who has RCD310 and older with bluetooth connectivity.
Android has it too for RCD320. It took less than 2 minutes to get started. Very easy and real handy for someone sitting in the back seat.
Old 12th August 2013, 10:09   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post

Hey are you sure about it? Does the player in vento even have remote sensor? And with the app installed how will it transmit signal? Is it via bkuetooth
Old 13th August 2013, 15:47   #471

Hey Frontosa,

This app talks to the OEM player through Bluetooth. Quite a handy thing to have on the phone because a co-passenger can control the audio even from the backseat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hey are you sure about it? Does the player in vento even have remote sensor? And with the app installed how will it transmit signal? Is it via bkuetooth
Cheers !
girish4731 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:26   #472
BHPian

Hi guys,
Recently bought a Vento petrol Trendline for my wife's commute. While the car is great, I do find some quirks... maybe someone here has also faced these

1) A/C turns on automatically - Everytime you start the engine and open the blowers, the AC switches on. If you are driving with windows down, then you need to manually turn the AC off. Isn't this bad for the AC (turning on/off so frequently)?

2) Engine hotter than normal - Even in a short drive, without revving or redlining the throttle, the engine seems to be quite hot, when you touch the bonnet after a drive. Volkwagen service guys say this is normal in the petrol engine. Note that no engine warning lights come on, so this maybe just that I'm not used to the Vento engine. But I am interested if other petrol owners would share if this is the case?

3) Auto-locking doors - The sales guy mentioned that doors will auto-lock when speed is greater than 15 kmph, but this does not happen in the car. So is this something that you need to enable/program?

Last edited by floyd : 2nd September 2013 at 15:31.
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:47   #473
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
1) A/C turns on automatically - Everytime you start the engine and open the blowers, the AC switches on. If you are driving with windows down, then you need to manually turn the AC off. Isn't this bad for the AC (turning on/off so frequently)?

3) Auto-locking doors - The sales guy mentioned that doors will auto-lock when speed is greater than 15 kmph, but this does not happen in the car. So is this something that you need to enable/program?
1) "The car remembers the last AC settings prior to switching off and starts off with exactly the same settings when the car starts."

3) Please let me too know if you could enable auto-lock on the Trendline. Mine is a TDi Comfortline and the ASC has told that it is not possible to enable auto-lock on Comfortline.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:30   #474
BHPian

1) Just Push the button labelled "AC" , so that the AC will be off. Do it before you turn the vehicle off, so that the next time, you start the engine and rotate the blowers, the ac will be off.
2) Seems normal, as my friend too has a petrol version.
3) You need to enable it through the service guys. Just check with them.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:58   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The Trendline Vento has a manual AC, not the Climatronic. Of course you will need to switch it off and on as required. Were you expectign something else?
Quote:
2) Engine hotter than normal - Even in a short drive, without revving or redlining the throttle, the engine seems to be quite hot, when you touch the bonnet after a drive. Volkwagen service guys say this is normal in the petrol engine. Note that no engine warning lights come on, so this maybe just that I'm not used to the Vento engine. But I am interested if other petrol owners would share if this is the case?
As far as I know, you need to worry only if the temperature gauge on your car goes above the halfway mark or you see any warning light on the dashboard. Touching the bonnet for warmth is a very unscientific way to draw such conclusions. Since VW service says it's fine, wait and watch.
Quote:
Am not sure this feature is available in the Trendline- please check. It is supposed to be activated out of the showroom but some members have reported that it wasn't. You can get it done for free at your next service.
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:02   #476
BHPian

Thanks all, for the answers.

Quote:
The Trendline Vento has a manual AC, not the Climatronic. Of course you will need to switch it off and on as required. Were you expectign something else?
The problem is that that the AC is manual, but seems to be behaving in a "semi-automatic" way. It turns on whenever the car is started, and the blowers are opened. I expected it to be off initially, and I turn it on as and when needed. But as thoma mentioned

Quote:
"The car remembers the last AC settings prior to switching off and starts off with exactly the same settings when the car starts."
I'll check this when I start the car next time.

Quote:
Touching the bonnet for warmth is a very unscientific way to draw such conclusions.
Yes, of course! But you know how it is... a new car is like a baby, and you are always worried in case something is wrong with precious

As for the auto-lock, I'll check with the sales guy once again. As far as I remember, he was pretty confident that this feature is there in Trendline. I had raised this while test driving the car (doors cannot be locked by passengers), and he assured me that it would lock automatically. Most likely this needs to be programmed-in at the workshop.

If I may ask one more question... would the Trendline be able to show fuel efficiency figures on the MID? I can see the distance-to-service & days-to-service only, besides the regular fuel gauge & odometer.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:51   #477
BHPian

Quote:

The problem is that that the AC is manual, but seems to be behaving in a "semi-automatic" way. It turns on whenever the car is started, and the blowers are opened.
I found the issue... the AC will get automatically switched on when the thermostat is in the "coldest" position. Move it away a bit from max cold position, and the AC will turn off. I also noted that the AC turns on automatically when the blowers are turned to the windscreen defogging position (that's a good thing, I guess).
Old 10th September 2013, 13:50   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
Well, what is normal here? The Diesel Engines are CI engines, they need to maintain the temperature at certain temperature. Because of this, you would find the engine of any Diesel car to be warm / hot for a longer duration as compared to a petrol car.
Old 24th September 2013, 20:27   #479
BHPian

At times I have trouble defrogging the front windshield. I'll check for dirt or obstrcutions. Some days it works in seconds some days it has no effect. does it really matter to have AC on or off when defrogging.
Old 24th September 2013, 21:28   #480
DRC
BHPian

Not adding infor on any new feature, but, 2 things described in this thread do not seem to be working in my car. (1.6TDI HL).
1, Parking lights stay ON when key is removed with indicator switch is on. In my car it does not.
2. AC turns into recirculation mode when reverse gear is engaged, in my car it does not change.

BTW, I miss the clock, visible to every one. clock on instrument cluster makes me feel, time is too private info for the driver

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks