Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Shouldn't that translate to marginally quieter cold start rather than a coarser one ? My experience, as i mentioned, is complete opposite
No. I dont think "starting with clutch pedal depressed" has anything to do with the engine refinement. It is just for the starter motor.

As for the engine, AC can put an extra load and hence turning it off may reduce the coarseness.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Logically You should.
Even if the gear is in neutral, if you dont depres the clutch (or keep it engaged) the starter motor will rotate the engine, flywheel, clutch, and the input shaft of transmission. Incase you depress the clutch it will not rotate the clutch and input shaft. Thus less load on starter motor. Not much but still a good practise.
Depressing the clutch actually disengages it and releasing the pedal engages it! The flywheel and clutch plate are not in contact when the clutch plate is pressed or disengaged.
Old 4th September 2011, 13:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I would like to know the AC chilling factor when outside temp. is above 35 C? Though the blowers are adjusted towards them, many of them who occupy rear seats have complained about the chilling especially in rear, but the Front blowers are doing their job well.These are my AC settings:
AC temp: 18 C
Recirculation mode
Air blowing towards the face
Fan speed: Full
Glasses are not Tinted

I've noticed the same problem in Jetta in spite of having the rear Knee level AC vent as in Vento.
Would like to know how others feel about the same?
Just came across this thread today. Firstly, the most practical thing to do if the people in the rear complain about the chilling is to roll down all windows in the car for 5 min, put on the blower & drive to let the hot air escape & then roll them back up. This will help in cooling the cabin faster. Secondly, i have no doubt, with my experience is that using a good sun film will do the trick. The V-Kools work perfectly in my Vento, so do the 3M's in my i10. The Logan sun films aren't good as they were given FOC by the dealer & he used some sub-standard brand. Third and was as mentioned, you can close the flow in the Front Vents for a while that will help in getting comaratively more air flow pressure to the rear.

Great Thread Sourav!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 4th September 2011 at 13:20.
anilkalvani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 13:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

The AC (with or without auto climate) has got to be the worst of the cars that I have owned. I use my A-star auto and find it chilling compared to the Vento.
Old 4th September 2011, 20:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The AC (with or without auto climate) has got to be the worst of the cars that I have owned. I use my A-star auto and find it chilling compared to the Vento.
Since "Bengalaru" enjoys nearly air conditioned weather , possibly Ventos ACs are detuned for you guys I moved from a Swift to a Vento , have had no reason for any complaint with the ACC in the Mumbai summers
Old 4th September 2011, 20:55   #66
BHPian

Wonderful thread. So many features present in the Vento. Would be useful for some of my friends who own the Vento.

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
2. Beep with handbrake on (not much point since visual cue is present)
This is also present. I have Punto Emotion and the car beeps once I move without dis-engaging the handbrake.

Cheers,
Kaushik

Last edited by kaush666 : 4th September 2011 at 21:06.
Old 4th September 2011, 21:14   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
ACC takes getting used to. My Swift chills faster undoubtedly: all I have to do is crack the windows slightly open, turn the knob to coldest and blower on 4. Vento takes it time to cool, but given time and frequent refreshing (by opening the windows and letting fresh air in) it is excellent.

You can try setting it to the LO position which is max cooling + max blower for 5 minutes after getting into the car in summer. Keep windows cracked open and gradually roll them up during this time. Then press Auto. Should be just fine.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 22:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
ACC takes getting used to. My Swift chills faster undoubtedly: all I have to do is crack the windows slightly open, turn the knob to coldest and blower on 4. Vento takes it time to cool, but given time and frequent refreshing (by opening the windows and letting fresh air in) it is excellent.

You can try setting it to the LO position which is max cooling + max blower for 5 minutes after getting into the car in summer. Keep windows cracked open and gradually roll them up during this time. Then press Auto. Should be just fine.
I'm not sure the auto button is of much use and prefer to keep it off. The blower speed is automatically adjusted regardless. I also like to keep the re-circulation mode on as it helps in faster and better cooling, also keeps outside odours away. With auto enabled there is no way to confirm if re-circulation mode is off or on.

Window down technique works wonders!

Another quirk I discovered today: You cannot pull the bonnet release lever unless the driver door is open. An inconvenience at Delhi malls where parking security often insists on peeking under the hood and you have to open the bonnet for them. Its quite embarrassing to first open the door then release the bonnet. This doesn't seem to have any logic to it.
Old 4th September 2011, 23:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
Another quirk I discovered today: You cannot pull the bonnet release lever unless the driver door is open. An inconvenience at Delhi malls where parking security often insists on peeking under the hood and you have to open the bonnet for them. Its quite embarrassing to first open the door then release the bonnet. This doesn't seem to have any logic to it.
Have you tried using the remote button ? I have till date been opening the door and opening the boot
Old 5th September 2011, 09:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since "Bengalaru" enjoys nearly air conditioned weather , possibly Ventos ACs are detuned for you guys I moved from a Swift to a Vento , have had no reason for any complaint with the ACC in the Mumbai summers
Yes, the good thing is that AC is not really used that much here. I hope its not due to clogged air filter. Wonder if the filter is user cleanable, then I could do it frequently. The construction activities here might have clogged the cabin air filter.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:38   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried using the remote button ? I have till date been opening the door and opening the boot
I meant the hood/bonnet in the front of the car. There is no remote button for that!
Old 5th September 2011, 12:53   #72
BHPian

Tried this at the fuel station :
Engine off. Car is locked from inside using the lock button at the driver's side. Fuel Lid refused to open. The attendant was trying to pull the lid!! Stopped him. Unlocked the car using the same button. Fuel lid opened.

Bonnet Insulation Mat : Lot of people have complained that Vento doesnot have a insulation mat under the bonnet. However it is present in my car. Is it only in the case od TDi ?

I see most of the features in MID is missing in the trendline version. In trendline it only shows kms, temperature and clock and trip meter.

Could anyone tell me what the below button is used and how to test it. It's because; there is no change if i engage or dis-engage the button.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-window.jpg  

Old 5th September 2011, 13:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Tried this at the fuel station :
Engine off. Car is locked from inside using the lock button at the driver's side. Fuel Lid refused to open. The attendant was trying to pull the lid!! Stopped him. Unlocked the car using the same button. Fuel lid opened.

Bonnet Insulation Mat : Lot of people have complained that Vento doesnot have a insulation mat under the bonnet. However it is present in my car. Is it only in the case od TDi ?

Yes, it's available only on the TDi .

I see most of the features in MID is missing in the trendline version. In trendline it only shows kms, temperature and clock and trip meter.

That's no fun.

Could anyone tell me what the below button is used and how to test it. It's because; there is no change if i engage or dis-engage the button.

It's to lock the windows and prevent passengers from operating their windows. Useful to deter kids from playing with the window switches. The driver still can operate all the windows even if the button is engaged.
STARCHILD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 13:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
It's to lock the windows and prevent passengers from operating their windows. Useful to deter kids from playing with the window switches. The driver still can operate all the windows even if the button is engaged.
Thanks. If I engage this button, everyone can use the windows normally. It doesnt lock !
Its acting like a dummy switch.
Old 5th September 2011, 21:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant the hood/bonnet in the front of the car. There is no remote button for that!
Sorry , I do not know what i was smoking when I wrote that !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks