Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

yep its same in Vento too...
jithudigitised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:13   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Not adding infor on any new feature, but, 2 things described in this thread do not seem to be working in my car. (1.6TDI HL).
1, Parking lights stay ON when key is removed with indicator switch is on. In my car it does not.
2. AC turns into recirculation mode when reverse gear is engaged, in my car it does not change.

BTW, I miss the clock, visible to every one. clock on instrument cluster makes me feel, time is too private info for the driver

Same here. I have a Highline nov 2012 TDI, and after reading this thread, tried it out. As my car is a black one and in narrow streets at night, this could actually be a boon when parked on the side for a short while (like buying a water bottle or something).. But how much ever I tried it, it would not work. Funny thing is, my friend bought a Skoda rapid at the same time and after i enlightened him (pun intended) of this feature, he tried it and it works..!! He uses it regularly now. Wanted to ask about this during the next service, but somehow missed it. I remembered it now, cos I just got my membership approved (yay..!!) and wanted to contribute my two pence into this thread and was going through it.

And my contribution? Here it goes;
if you are in an emergency braking situation, (no, not like 'god I forgot to buy milk from the shop I just crossed', something like a ABS kicking in, heart in mouth moment) and your car comes to a complete stop before you collide with anything, your hazards will start blinking automatically to warn the cars behind you about your suddenly stationary car. You can switch it off manually from the centre console button.
Now before you think it isn't so useful, imagine this. You, the good old girl (I mean the car, of course), a good highway doing a decent speed during night. Suddenly a canine with a death wish crosses the road and suddenly comes into your way. You brake hard, and the dog lives to see another day, albeit frozen in your headlight glare. You think the taxi, maybe a few hundred feet behind you is going to notice you? Maybe he will, but these hazard lights will definitely help him notice you a fraction of a second earlier.

That could mean all the difference between you wiping your sweat off your forehead in relief and you breaking your bank account to repair that rear end.

How did I find this out? Three words. Real.life.experience.
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:46   #513

Hi everyone.
First of all, this thread is quite impressive.
I dont think no other car has this many hidden features. Its strange that vw seems un interested in boasting these features while all other car manufacturers might have tried to include these in their news paped ad .
I've gone through many pages of this thread and i think we might have left out this feature in the vento.
All the power windows in the car can be operated without the key in position. We all know that the vento's windows continue to operate even after the key is removed from ignition till one of the doors is opened.But even after the door is opened, and there is no key inserted, all the windows can be operated by the driver side master power window switch. You just have to push/pull the master window switch for a couple of seconds (say 3 seconds), and bingo! The windows starts to operate. (Its just like rolling down or up the windows by pressing and holding the lock/unlock button on the remote).
Old 25th September 2014, 08:22   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
All the power windows in the car can be operated without the key in position. We all know that the vento's windows continue to operate even after the key is removed from ignition till one of the doors is opened.But even after the door is opened, and there is no key inserted, all the windows can be operated by the driver side master power window switch. You just have to push/pull the master window switch for a couple of seconds (say 3 seconds), and bingo! The windows starts to operate. (Its just like rolling down or up the windows by pressing and holding the lock/unlock button on the remote).
An update to this. I have tried it and for me it works the following way.
Once the door is opened, window glass doesn't come down. However, if any of the windows are open, I can still close it after pressing the key up for around 3 secs. BTW, this would cause all windows to come up irrespective of the switch that is pressed.
Old 29th September 2014, 18:23   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Have observed the following on RAPID so may apply to Vento as well.

When the ignition is Turned off and the key has been removed, the Audio system is switch off.
Now if you press the Power Button on the Audio System, it again starts working.
The Audio system doesn't turn off until you press the Power Button again (even if you have locked the car).
Thus, no need to slot in the key if you want to hear songs while cleaning the car and performing a DIY
Adding to what you said, in our Rapid I noticed that the Audio keeps playing even if key is removed, but its for a limited time. Maybe 15minutes (not sure), after which it switches off automatically. I was cleaning our Rapid while listening to music, after a while it got switched off automatically.
Maybe this is done to prevent battery drain, in-case when you have forgotten to switch off the audio system.
So this may apply to Vento as well, someone kindly confirm.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 20:35   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Adding to what you said, in our Rapid I noticed that the Audio keeps playing even if key is removed, but its for a limited time. Maybe 15minutes (not sure), after which it switches off automatically. I was cleaning our Rapid while listening to music, after a while it got switched off automatically.
Maybe this is done to prevent battery drain, in-case when you have forgotten to switch off the audio system.
So this may apply to Vento as well, someone kindly confirm.
Yep, it is similar in vento too.
Old 4th February 2015, 18:42   #517

Hi all,
Does anyone here have any idea about the fuse box layout/ diagram. The left headlamp has not been working and I want to be sure if it's the headlamp or the fuse before going down to the mechanic's. I tried finding it on open source but not much luck. Is the layout same as that of Polo GTI?
Old 7th October 2015, 21:39   #518
Senior - BHPian

Has the rear door unlocking procedure been updated recently or what? In a 2015 Polo HL, I needed to pull the handle from inside twice to open the rear doors.

This is not the case with my 2013 Vento CL. Or is it a difference between Comfortline and Highline?
Old 30th October 2015, 09:59   #519
BHPian

Where can I find the fuse box layout for Vento TDI (2012, if it matters) ? Please share if you have the layout. I could find Polo fuse box layout on the forum but it seems to be different from what I see in my car. Thank you.

Last edited by pc73 : 30th October 2015 at 10:14.
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:45   #520
BHPian

hi
This is something i noticed in my Vento Tsi while opening the boot. If opened with the door switch on the drivers side, the lid unlocks and lifts up automatically but if opened with the key fob it just opens and stays down and has to be lifted up manually. Is this by design?
Old 3rd December 2015, 17:03   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
hi
This is something i noticed in my Vento Tsi while opening the boot. If opened with the door switch on the drivers side, the lid unlocks and lifts up automatically but if opened with the key fob it just opens and stays down and has to be lifted up manually. Is this by design?
IIRC, a long press on the fob achieves the lift up.
Old 4th December 2015, 13:18   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by execve View Post
IIRC, a long press on the fob achieves the lift up.
nope, just tried that
is that how it is in yours?
Old 5th December 2015, 13:22   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
nope, just tried that
is that how it is in yours?
I just tried this.
Car is locked - Boot doesnt open.
Long press boot open button on the fob - boot opens and lifts up.
execve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 13:15   #524
BHPian

Folks
This is a question regarding the Vento tsi fuel tank capacity. Yesterday morning my fuel gauge hit zero, i was a little away from my usual petrol station and i drove about 16-20 km with the DTE at zero. Once i reached the station and filled up to a full tank the car had taken in 65 litres of petrol. I was gobsmacked because the manual specifies a 55 litre tank capacity and a +- of 3-4 litres was fine but a 10 litre difference seems like a bit much. The attendant was non chalant and said it sometimes took in upto 68-70 litres. I had also pressed the air release button and the ignition was off. The attendant filled in 2 litres after the auto shut off at 63. This was at the station in the lane opposite lotus petrol pump, Andheri. Here s a picture of the same. what gives?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-img_2495.jpg  

Old 16th March 2016, 14:04   #525
BHPian

Firstly one shouldn't drive for long after hitting reserve, as it will add lot of pressure on fuel pump. I once had refueled for about 50 liters after hitting reserve and driving for about 10-15 kms (implying total capacity to be around 55 - 56 L) . But 65 liters is unheard off . Hope the meter was reset at the start of refuel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks