Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 16:22   #31
BHPian

Re: VW Polo 1.6: Water filling up in boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Hi Frankazoid,

These are some details I collected with the help of Frontosa, Sourav and Himanshu for getting the VAS features activated on our Polo from KSM Motors. I hope you find these details helpful.
===================
Please take corrective action, if it does. I should be held, solely responsible for any violations and not any of the members named in my post. Thanks.
Have been scribbling down info from Frontosa's thread. Thanks for collating the data in one post. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I had this problem once and fixed it with RTV-408 silicone sealant!!
The carpet will not be wet because the water seeps in and then runs along the inner wall or a cable / wire.

In my case it was seeping through the edges of the tail lights assembly. The rubber gasket of the tail lamp was not sold seperately so I sealed it with RTV silicone and the problem was gone.

Other possible places could be the the VW logo and the rear wiper grommet.
While searching on the threads, I have solved the water leakage problem in my Fabia after two months of frustration - that also free of cost.

There was a loose gasket behind the back side light which was allowing rain water to seep inside the trunk
ragzv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 14:28   #33
BHPian

Just got my Polo 1.6 and boy it is a dream to drive rock solid and agile!!

Will go get the VAS features activated, however does anybody have an idea about how to get the remote window operation activated?

I find it really funny, that one has to go around to each door at the back and lift the windows in a 7lakh hatch!!

Last edited by ronk : 1st February 2012 at 14:32.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
Just got my Polo 1.6 and boy it is a dream to drive rock solid and agile!!

Will go get the VAS features activated, however does anybody have an idea about how to get the remote window operation activated?

I find it really funny, that one has to go around to each door at the back and lift the windows in a 7lakh hatch!!
Same thing here! I pressed the lock/unlock button on remote for a few seconds and nothing happens! no windows rolling up or down.
Is this also a feature that has to be activated?
Old 9th February 2012, 09:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Same thing here! I pressed the lock/unlock button on remote for a few seconds and nothing happens! no windows rolling up or down.

The feature you are referring to is not listed in the feature list that is being activated through VAS, as reported by users having got them activated.

Cheers!
Old 9th February 2012, 19:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen - Please check the following post where the procedure is outlined. It is also available in your owner's manual under power window/convenience operation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2661717

I will be happy to help if needed. And the thread listed above has lots of useful tidbits and info, most of which are applicable to the polo too. Do take a look.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The feature you are referring to is not listed in the feature list that is being activated through VAS, as reported by users having got them activated.

Cheers!
Old 10th February 2012, 15:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Gentlemen - Please check the following post where the procedure is outlined. It is also available in your owner's manual under power window/convenience operation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2661717

I will be happy to help if needed. And the thread listed above has lots of useful tidbits and info, most of which are applicable to the polo too. Do take a look.
Somehow the outlined procedure just did not work for me. Dont know what am I doing wrong - or the Polo just isnt configured for one touch window up and down using the remote keys fob.

Can the fellow Polo owners confirm this?

Sorry, this is going way OT from water filling up the boot, is there any thread where we can take this?
Old 19th February 2012, 10:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow the outlined procedure just did not work for me. Dont know what am I doing wrong - or the Polo just isnt configured for one touch window up and down using the remote keys fob.

Sorry, this is going way OT from water filling up the boot, is there any thread where we can take this?

Exactly, even i read it in the manual, but it doesn't seem to work.
Old 19th February 2012, 16:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for continuing the OT -

One of our fellow polo owners (shashank.nk) confirmed this feature isnt active in 2011 cars (after introduction of electric ORVM). This was silently removed to make way for E-ORVM's.

The one touch up/down, convenience operation of power windows using remote and anti-pinch protection are the function of the same feature and looks all these 3 are missing now. VW havent bothered to print a seperate owners manual for India, forget about incorporating these small changes in there.

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly, even i read it in the manual, but it doesn't seem to work.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Sorry for continuing the OT -

One of our fellow polo owners (shashank.nk) confirmed this feature isnt active in 2011 cars (after introduction of electric ORVM). This was silently removed to make way for E-ORVM's.

The one touch up/down, convenience operation of power windows using remote and anti-pinch protection are the function of the same feature and looks all these 3 are missing now. VW havent bothered to print a seperate owners manual for India, forget about incorporating these small changes in there.
Oh thats a pity! I really wonder if VW is playing on such thin margins on Polo so that they have to take one feature off to make way for other!

On a car without rear window switches this omission is deplorable. Anyways, back to water filling up the boot....
Old 29th June 2016, 21:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
Ok, so VW service was not able to find out the source of the leak either. The SA told me he has applied silicon to all the suspected parts after taking off the bumper, so will have to wait, watch and hope.

My GT Tsi is 4 months old now and had a punctured tire today and when i took out the spare was shocked to see the tire well filled with water ( about 2 inches deep)

The entire boot section is bone dry, only clear water ( no dirt, mud or grime) in the tire well . I removed the plugs and let the water drain out.

Where did the A.S.S guys apply the silicone?

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 16:31   #42
BHPian

the water enters from the tail-lamp area. I think a bhp-ian had already made that observation somewhere in the forum. I can't find it now. The fix is opening the lamp housing putting silicone and re-seating the cluster.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 08:18   #43
BHPian

Hi nova9. This is a common problem for cars. There are a lot of penetrations into the boot of a car most obvious of which is the tail lamp wires which is usually the culprit. The service centre will just apply some silicone sealant to these penetrations and that usually solves the problem. Don't forget the brake light on the rear spoiler. Also check the seals on the rear light cluster. Best of luck it's trial and error with this one hopefully should get sorted out quickly! Tk care.
Frankazoid!!! is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed